• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I get a short burst of renewed interest in posting here but that quickly fades away and depression kicks in again once I realize I'm still wasting my time on this obscure forum for a children's party game.

Stop being so likeable, you assholes.
I would say (and I'd imagine there are others that agree) that Smashboards has certainly at least helped a little in terms of not going insane during lockdown and the reduced/lack of in person social events in life.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would say (and I'd imagine there are others that agree) that Smashboards has certainly at least helped a little in terms of not going insane during lockdown and the reduced/lack of in person social events in life.
I didn’t have a social life anyway. It’s been business on usual in my end.

Ive accepted that I’ll die alone and unwed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back from the second day of the South Carolina Comicon. Tired but had a great time.

The only thing I bought today was a Super Smash Bros. mystery box which I haven't opened yet.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna watch In the Earth (2021). Hopefully this will cleanse my mind of the dreaded Tom & Jerry I just watched earlier today.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
To be fair as much as I like ranking by consoles.......I might do a ranking by games. Remind the website you guys are using for the rankings?

Like my categories list for anime.

Oh god yes on that one.

Well helped a lot considering my options.

Unless you've always been an introvert, like I am.
Then nothing really changed. :4pacman:
I'm an introvert who wants to interact more but with the people he knows. Like you guys I'd be comfortable to do voice chat and play games or talk about stuff but that's it.

Same with IRL friends. I'd be up for meeting and stuff but going to their houses is like nope. People are like lose control of it all but that's not want I'm trying to do.

I've accepted that I'll die doing something stupid while travelling. Alone? Probably but hey I didn't choose the life. The life choose me. cool hipster pose time

Back from the second day of the South Carolina Comicon. Tired but had a great time.

The only thing I bought today was a Super Smash Bros. mystery box which I haven't opened yet.
**** you gonna get invited to Smash Bros?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Unless you've always been an introvert, like I am.

Then nothing really changed. :4pacman:
I'm an introvert too, but even I enjoyed going out every so once in a while.

Hence why I was relatively OK the first couple months, but time takes its toll on everyone eventually.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm an introvert too, but even I enjoyed going out every so once in a while.

Hence why I was relatively OK the first couple months, but time takes its toll on everyone eventually.
I'm an introvert but I enjoy going out dude. I mean I consider cycling my hobby.

I'm just very introverted around people except online and only like talking to people I'm comfortable with.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm an extrovert. Thus, the lockdown has been a nightmare for me. But, I'm pulling through... I hope. It's honestly been extremely hard on my mental health, but since things are less closed down in 2021 than they were in 2020, things are a little easier atm.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm glad I still get to at least get out 4 days a week, even if it took months for that to finally happen.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So since we were on the topic of emulation and paying full price for games and stuff, what's your thoughts in this?
I mean, don't be that person that pirates new enough releases where developers actually get hurt, but I think in general there are bigger things at play as to why new releases don't do as well as they might otherwise; except for the Nintendo DS which was pirated to hell and back. People have always complained about prices, and given inflation I don't think it's that so much as:

1. Social Media "spoiling" a lot of games. Surprises are hard to do these days. You get a full look at a game before paying for it.
2. Many games no longer truly shipping "complete."
3. F2P games being easily available and offering hard competition for player time.
4. Exclusivity slowing dying out both between companies & systems.
5. Digital releases allow companies to have full control over the prices of games so flash sales are a short term waiting game for consumers.
6. Game ownership. Granted some are fine with this given the popularity of Digital, but why pay in full for a game you might not truly own?

There is probably more but this is what I can come up with without resorting to hard hot takes as someone who doesn't buy AAA games not made by Nintendo.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Which would be a better representation of Resident Evil and Silent Hill for my PlayStation All-Stars Roster?

Jill and Chris (echo fighter equivalent) with Chris and Leon alts

or

Nemesis T-Type

Pyramidhead

or

One of the protagonists (if so which one)

Please choose which combination would represent both series AND their rivalry.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think what we need to do is stop asking for new Paper Mario’s and instead ask for new Mario RPGs.
  • Paper Mario drastically scales back character design variation and is never going to be an RPG again.
  • AlphaDream's bankrupt, so Mario & Luigi is dead too.
  • Super Mario RPG sequel - happening never ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom