• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Speculation isn’t fun anymore.
Speculation's fun when you learn to let go and move onto someone else. Being rigid in speculation isn't fun. Being fluid and able to change your outlook on something at the drop of a hat is.

I wanted Mimikyu to be the Pokemon rep in the base game, but Mimikyu was shown off as a Pokeball Pokemon in August 2018. I moved on and got over it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Speculation is only not fun if you are a sore loser. No offense to anyone. There are just facts you have to face when speculating.
I think looking at it in terms of winning and losing contributes to it becoming un-fun.

But I agree with the more general idea of needing to be able to roll with the punches, because it's often a rougher ride than need be.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I think looking at it in terms of winning and losing contributes to it becoming un-fun.

But I agree with the more general idea of needing to be able to roll with the punches, because it's often a rougher ride than need be.
It’s not the sort of thing where there should BE loosers
I am just saying. Just acting like a sore loser is what I meant. Not really talking about actual losers or losing altogether.

D

Deleted member

I don’t really bother with speculation these days, I already know my most wanteds are a drop in a bucket anyway. :drshrug:

I do occasionally view the thread just to see what people’s opinions are on certain things, but I can’t imagine checking that thread daily or even weekly. It’s too stigmatized for my liking.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Speculation's fun when you learn to let go and move onto someone else. Being rigid in speculation isn't fun. Being fluid and able to change your outlook on something at the drop of a hat is.

I wanted Mimikyu to be the Pokemon rep in the base game, but Mimikyu was shown off as a Pokeball Pokemon in August 2018. I moved on and got over it.
Lesson learned. Never hope for anything. Never want anything. Never be upset about anything. Just never feel anything.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I honestly don't mind speculation, but people put their entire's lifes worth on whether or not their bundle of code and pixels get into their $60+ Mario vs Pikachu game.

Being disappointed is one thing, but grown ass men literally flip **** when Bunky McBilbo from obsure 1994 platformer from the Atari Jaguar doesn't make it in the game, and that **** is so embarrasing. 35 years old and you act like that, get a job bruh and seek value in your own self worth instead of whether or not a character makes it in your game.

Shroob

Sup?
Taking smash speculation too seriously is what made the grinch debacle so annoying.

Though I do find it funny in hindsight.
As someone who knew what was coming due to a mixture of a trusted source + Verg pretty much backing everything up that they said.

Grinch was just like watching a bottle of **** with a fire beneath it. Eventually, that bottle's gonna blow open and spew.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I couldn't get into In the Earth and stopped 20 minutes in and wasn't as I expected. After the torture that was Tom & Jerry, I didn't want to go through another bore-fest.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I honestly don't mind speculation, but people put their entire's lifes worth on whether or not their bundle of code and pixels get into their $60+ Mario vs Pikachu game.

Being disappointed is one thing, but grown ass men literally flip ** when Bunky McBilbo from obsure 1994 platformer from the Atari Jaguar doesn't make it in the game, and that ** is so embarrasing. 35 years old and you act like that, get a job bruh and seek value in your own self worth instead of whether or not a character makes it in your game.
Yeah, that is just sad. What difference does it make in one's life if a character is in something as non-important as a video game, anyway?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guys, easy on SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , okay? Even if she has been doing this for a while, I do think she is still trying to get the hang of this.
Gonna be real with ya, I don't think anyone is being rough here. We're just saying you shouldn't freak out if your favorite isn't in the game or anything like that. Now if something like, say, verbal harassment was involved, that'd be different. Ultimately, we have gone over this plenty of times. It's starting to feel like like they're adjusting to me, and more like they won't view the situation from a different point of view. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

I just don't want Snake relying on Smash this heavily. It's unhealthy.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Being disappointed is one thing, but grown ass men literally flip ** when Bunky McBilbo from obsure 1994 platformer from the Atari Jaguar doesn't make it in the game, and that ** is so embarrasing. 35 years old and you act like that, get a job bruh and seek value in your own self worth instead of whether or not a character makes it in your game.
Man, Bunky McBilbo’s a classic. He belonged in Smash back in Melee!

****in sick of you zoomers. No respect.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Well said

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gonna be real with ya, I don't think anyone is being rough here. We're just saying you shouldn't freak out if your favorite isn't in the game or anything like that. Now if something like, say, verbal harassment was involved, that'd be different. Ultimately, we have gone over this plenty of times. It's starting to feel like like they're adjusting to me, and more like they won't view the situation from a different point of view. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

I just don't want Snake relying on Smash this heavily. It's unhealthy.
I didn't say you guys were necessarily rough. But calling her out as dramatic was a bit too much.

The smash fanbase in 2021 is just people getting mad over new characters and people getting mad over the people getting mad over new characters and people getting ma-
That reminds me when people reacted to Waluigi getting in...as an assist trophy. That did not go well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The characters in the wishlist of my signature? I won't care at all if we don't get any of them (my most wanted, Balloon Fighter, I know as hell it ain't happening one bit) as I know it's impossible to please everyone.

Plus we already got a ton of fun choices, some of which I really wanted.

That's why I haven't speculated or predicted.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like speculation. I've never taken it too seriously during the seven years I've been here. I like Smash for Smash, I'm not going to get all pissy over character inclusions when that's only a small portion of the whole game.

Also, I've been here for seven years. ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom