• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So my friend held a hunger games and I submitted TerminalMontage variants of Latias and Latios for a joke. Turns out they went super saiyan and here are some of my friend's summary on the scenario
1618794379548.png

1618794398986.png

1618794427447.png

1618794448997.png

1618794479480.png

Another friend on this one
1618794499897.png

1618794517670.png

1618794561024.png

After Latios' death
1618794608139.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, I don't care who gets in. If I don't like a character that gets added, I know someone else will. Plus, I just care if they're fun, at the end of the day.

I didn't say you guys were necessarily rough. But calling her out as dramatic was a bit too much.
Nobody is making callout posts or anything. I just can't expect someone to deal with an issue if said issue isn't addressed.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
How many times can we run hoes mad into the ground before it's not funny?

Trick question, it's not funny already.
Hoes mad was only funny with Hero because he was legit a genre defining character who, IMO, should have been in since 64 looking at it legacywise, abd then his gameplay warranted hoes mad memes because of how ****ing hilarious he is.

And then it stopped being funny come Byleth.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Honestly, I don't care who gets in. If I don't like a character that gets added, I know someone else will. Plus, I just care if they're fun, at the end of the day.

Nobody is making callout posts or anything. I just can't expect someone to deal with an issue if said issue isn't addressed.
I didn't say or mean that too. I just literally used the wrong words.

All I thought was that you guys could have gone easier, if by a bit. Though I realize she has acted like this for some time now.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I haven't seriously partaken in speculation in a long time. The serious speculators spend years discussing which characters can make it in, despite the number of characters that'll actually make it in being much, much, much smaller than the number of possible characters. And a lot of the characters seen as extremely likely by the community (Dante being an example) don't make it in at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, why are we speculating, or talking about Smash characters? I am not against it, but we don't seem to do that so much.
We used to. Base game speculation was wild, and early dlc speculation was pretty interesting too.

Once Byleth hit Nintendo cracked down hard on leaks, insiders stopped dropping hints as much, they haven’t slipped up and revealed anything they shouldn’t on copyright pages or the sides of boxes. There’s just not as much to talk about.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
We used to. Base game speculation was wild, and early dlc speculation was pretty interesting too.

Once Byleth hit Nintendo cracked down hard on leaks, insiders stopped dropping hints as much, they haven’t slipped up and revealed anything they shouldn’t on copyright pages or the sides of boxes. There’s just not as much to talk about.
Yeah, speculation has pretty much died down at this point, but you knew that. We all did.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

i remember the night bloody tears got leaked and my dumb ass kept saying it didnt confirm simon

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Were the hoes even that mad at Hero? I don’t remember.

I mean yeah there were whiners, there always are. But I don’t remember it being Byleth levels, especially considering Banjo was soon after.
“Hoes slightly miffed” doesn’t have the same ring

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wouldnt say dying, but it has definitely peaked.
After Sephiroth i think the remaining characters wont exactly be mainstream big names.
Ah, I see.

Well, yep, I agree with all you said. Unless it is Crash that is one of the last two, I may not be too interested. There is no point for even a third Fighters' Pass now, huh?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Peak Ultimate speculation was reveal trailer to Terry. After that the infestation of clout-chasers peddling ridiculous theories or super vague non-claims seemed to rise, then leaks and reveals both dried up for a while, we got hit with some divisive characters and the pool of candidates continued dwindling.

Incidentally, post-Terry was also when we shifted from almost always knowing who was next to pushing ahead mostly blind, which certainly doesn't expedite the process.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
M MooMew64 you know more than I do on this topic, do you know if SA1 is on Steam or should I just simply emulate it?

I've always been meaning to play it.
Sorry I wasn’t here earlier, but yes, it is on Steam! But HUGE heads up: You are gonna want to run the SADX Mod installer to get the Dreamcast Conversion mods amongst other things with it, as the modern ports are all based off of the notoriously awful Xbox 360 port.

The mod is super easy to set up, as it comes with an installer I can assure is safe. You’ll find info for installing it in the guides section on Steam, but if you want, I’ll have more free time to go over what you’ll want to grab for the best experience tomorrow after I get home from work!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Peak Ultimate speculation was reveal trailer to Terry. After that the infestation of clout-chasers peddling ridiculous theories or super vague non-claims seemed to rise, then leaks and reveals both dried up for a while, we got hit with some divisive characters and the pool of candidates continued dwindling.

Incidentally, post-Terry was also when we shifted from almost always knowing who was next to pushing ahead mostly blind, which certainly doesn't expedite the process.
Indeed. We really had no ideas after Terry dropped. Makes me wonder what happened for that sudden shift to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom