• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At this point in life, there is no ****ing way DC (and WarnerMedia + AT&T as a whole) are not hard on keeping Harley as one of their top prime time type stars
I wish Wanda had that costume in Endgame
Wanda wasn't ready for the costume yet...but she finally is after all the years of suffering
Black Widow got delayed again

p a i n
I have it worse since it's the 4th year in a row where my birthday week does not have an MCU movie...but since my birthday gets the Bad Batch, my compensation is decent enough...and I can still ****ing watch Black Widow thanks to life

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
life will never be as good as the day masahiro sakurai gave me a birthday gift, out of nowhere, with the small battlefield stage. it wasn't a fighter, but it was still very cool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You just gotta wonder sometimes how and why people come up with these in the first place....
It stems from folk memory or oral tradition from particular animals.

Some examples.

-Bunyips were from encounters with diprotodonts and coming across their fossils by Australian Aboriginals.
-Dragons originating from encounters of dinosaur fossils in ancient times, Nile crocodiles also used to live in southern Europe back in ancient times by crossing the Mediterranean, they easily could have been mistaken for dragons and so story of those encounters likely would have spread across Europe.
-Grootslang likely stemming from cobras and pythons.
-Ogres and trolls stories coming from neanderthal interactions in prehistoric times.

Like any folk memory/oral tradition the stories tend to change as they're passed on.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
life will never be as good as the day masahiro sakurai gave me a birthday gift, out of nowhere, with the small battlefield stage. it wasn't a fighter, but it was still very cool.
what if I gave you your own Masahiro Sakurai?

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is gonna be a pain in the ass, because not only do we have to actually go in person now on wednesdays, but also we have all 8 periods in little half-length classes :snakefire:

Although tomorrow is the special premiere of the first episode of Vanguard: Overdress in advance to the actual release date, so that's pretty cool. too bad it's at 10pm my time so I would have to ruin my sleep schedule to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
@Wyvy - Phoenix Mode @Roguewolf @R O F L @Freezerburn @cashregister9 @Bakugan2556 @Pokelego999 @Wario Bros. SneakyLink SneakyLink @MooMew64 @Mushroomguy12 @Dr. Metal X Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna @Lacroix Femboy
Next up, we have Kent Nelson's successor, Linda Strauss, the new Dr. Fate.
1A6147B7-2C58-4B53-B10A-DB682E5B25E4.jpeg

Linda was thrown into the world of magic and mysticism when she began dating young Henry Strauss, Kent Nelson's sidekick in his many adventures as Dr. Fate (think the Johnny Quest to Kent's Dr. Quest). The three went on many adventures over the years and were great helps to Kent as he aged. The two married, but unfortunately Henry was killed by the supervillain Baron Gestapo before the birth of his son Eric. Linda continued on as Kent's aid for many years. While investigating a strange magical anomaly in Africa together, Kent is unfortunately killed by the tyrant Supervillain Magog. Linda promises to take over as Dr. Fate, but is understandably reluctant to don the helmet. It takes prodding from Kent's long time friend Diana Prince (a.k.a. The Wonder Woman) and Magog's invasion of her home town of Civic City to push her into finally taking over her mentor's mantel. Watch out supervillains, because Fate has intervened!

I wanted to re contextualize Linda's character because the original is... a touch cringe by today's standards. Plus I am really enamored by the idea of a single mother superhero.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Finished Kong Skull Island.

Two cents: Needs more Kong. There were more lizard things on screen than there was King Kong himself!

Edit: Also a new Smash Update is out. All it does is this:

“Vulnerability when landing after using the Wii Fit Trainer’s side special Header had decreased unintentionally, so this has been adjusted.”

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished Kong Skull Island.

Two cents: Needs more Kong. There were more lizard things on screen than there was King Kong himself!
As much as I love the film and my favorite of the MonsterVerse so far, after having watching it so many times, I gotta agree there. He just pops up every now and then.

Probably the only nitpick I had with the film.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think they moved the date pending on how well the vaccine rollout goes and hopefully everyone have been vaccinated. But at least it did say the film will release simultaneously in theaters and Disney+ Premier Access.

The July 9th release which is originally meant to be for Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings will move to September 3rd 2021. So hopefully they will perhaps show a first trailer possibly within the next month.

In addition, Emma Stone's live action Cruella is also getting a simultaneous release on May 28th whilst Pixar's Luca will as premiere on Disney+ June 18th.

More News Here:

I get they want the theater money, but I think they’ve blown this chance to make what they originally would have. It’s been months, we the movie being overshadowed by all the shows. The casual audience probably doesn’t even realize or have a hype level for this movie at this point, let alone by July.

I also still can’t see theaters being anything like they were vaccine or no vaccine. The fear of catching something has risen and now people are just used to streaming, with less motivation to go out. Like I was at the mall over the weekend and the AMC theater was open but looked straight up abandoned if the lights weren’t on, despite the rest of the mall having fair attendance.

Sure there’s nothing too crazy out now but I imagine people would have just been excited to be in theaters again. This doesn’t seem to be the case though. Maybe things will change come July, but with it be on Disney Plus, you know people are going to pirate the hell out of it since it’s costing extra and is easy to do so. They should have stuck with the original release imo. People weren’t serious at the time and movie theaters were still going good. I could be totally wrong and would love to be, but I think these numbers in views will be very different than expected one way or another.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lol as if things will be back to "normal" in July.

Earliest I see is Fall, latest next year.

And I'm just being generous.

Last edited:

duxx

Smash Ace
Edit: Also a new Smash Update is out. All it does is this:

“Vulnerability when landing after using the Wii Fit Trainer’s side special Header had decreased unintentionally, so this has been adjusted.”
all good things must come to an end

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I get they want the theater money, but I think they’ve blown this chance to make what they originally would have. It’s been months, we the movie being overshadowed by all the shows. The casual audience probably doesn’t even realize or have a hype level for this movie at this point, let alone by July.

I also still can’t see theaters being anything like they were vaccine or no vaccine. The fear of catching something has risen and now people are just used to streaming, with less motivation to go out. Like I was at the mall over the weekend and the AMC theater was open but looked straight up abandoned if the lights weren’t on, despite the rest of the mall having fair attendance.

Sure there’s nothing too crazy out now but I imagine people would have just been excited to be in theaters again. This doesn’t seem to be the case though. Maybe things will change come July, but with it be on Disney Plus, you know people are going to pirate the hell out of it since it’s costing extra and is easy to do so. They should have stuck with the original release imo. People weren’t serious at the time and movie theaters were still going good. I could be totally wrong and would love to be, but I think these numbers in views will be very different than expected one way or another.
dude it’s Marvel...it’s easily gonna have the vast majority be hyped (I mean...look at WandaVision and Falcon & Winter Soldier). That long ass starve for more content will only rise the blood and hype for Natasha's possible final bow.

probably the one property from Disney that can easily bring in maximum hype both in theaters (outside America especially) and streaming (worldwide easily). Big Money Nat here we come

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's AMA is now up

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so far Book 3 of FE Heroes has been their best story...Book 4 was kinda a let down

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So finished The Outer Worlds DLC Murder on Eridanos and jumped right into Peril on Gorgon. Great fun and a nice addition to one of my favourite games of all time.

To compare the first DLC: Imagine We Happy Few combined with that Futurama episode where Fry and co visit the Slurm factory and revealed the messed up truth as to what makes it.

And how do you start the second DLC: A severed hand delivered to your ship with a message.

Also you guys need to play The Outer Worlds as it's even on Switch.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It stems from folk memory or oral tradition from particular animals.

Some examples.

-Bunyips were from encounters with diprotodonts and coming across their fossils by Australian Aboriginals.
-Dragons originating from encounters of dinosaur fossils in ancient times, Nile crocodiles also used to live in southern Europe back in ancient times by crossing the Mediterranean, they easily could have been mistaken for dragons and so story of those encounters likely would have spread across Europe.
-Grootslang likely stemming from cobras and pythons.
-Ogres and trolls stories coming from neanderthal interactions in prehistoric times.

Like any folk memory/oral tradition the stories tend to change as they're passed on.
Owls....plenty of misidentified owls as well...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Owls....plenty of misidentified owls as well...
Speaking of owls. Its pretty much concluded that on the night on of September 12th, 1952 that what the eyewitnesses saw of the Flatwoods Monster was simply an barn owl, the dark making it seem to have appeared looking bigger due to shadows.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hot Take

Android 21 (the good one) > Kefla

...yes...