• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Made the mistake of going on Pokemoncenter.com and saw this bad boy.

Then I saw a $250 price tag. Yeah. Probably shouldn't be burning money on that.

Also they're selling a $300 longcat plush lol.

Jeeze Pokemon merchandise can be so expensive.

Edit: Turns out the Charizard was limited to 3500 pieces anyway and preorders are all sold out. That's lame.
I pre-ordered a $100 Link statue if that makes ya feel better.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm putting most of my stimulus into savings right now, but between that and my payday being this Thursday, I think I might put a hundred dollars or so aside to buy myself a nice piece of Pokemon merchandise or something. I never buy myself anything nice. And honestly I'm getting kind of jealous of my sister who's always buying new Disney merch.

On a different note it pains me to see that Silvally and Null still have basically no merchandise. When I first saw Null's design I thought it'd get at least some marketing. 'Tis ironic that this pokemon was cast aside by its creators, both in lore and in real life.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Made the mistake of going on Pokemoncenter.com and saw this bad boy.

Then I saw a $250 price tag. Yeah. Probably shouldn't be burning money on that.

Also they're selling a $300 longcat plush lol.

Jeeze Pokemon merchandise can be so expensive.

Edit: Turns out the Charizard was limited to 3500 pieces anyway and preorders are all sold out. That's lame.
I’d much prefer to keep it low. I specifically asked my brother for this for Christmas in ‘19 thanks to the $65 price tag.
That, and the fact that it’s the most SFW figure of her I could find.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
YES!!!

Gonna watch it after school.
(Comes out next week on Thursday.)
You're lucky you live in Australia and get it a week early (Given it comes out internationally next week outside of North America) where you guys pretty much have COVID under control so you'll probably get to see it on the big screen.

Me on the other hand where I live, my theater is still closed due to being a hotspot, so I'll have to resort to watching it on a streaming site on my computer. No matter though, because as long as I see it in any form, that's what matters.

Hope it lives to your expectations and you enjoy it my Australian bro. Kaiju fans all together! :grin:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sooo has anyone else seen that series finale of DuckTales?

Because it was completely insane and it was awesome.
It was so good, they nailed it.
everyone got their moments to shine andWebby’s backstory being that she is a clone of Scrooge with Daisy’s nieces being reckoned as clones in this was prettycrazy. Bradfod was great to, especially when you can actually see in the the flashbacks, that he was behind Della disappearing. He’s shown smirking and sort of laughing in the suncrasher episodes background.

Him getting turned into a normal buzzard was crazy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey Mamboo07 Mamboo07

A reminder assuming you have NetFlix. There's Pacific Rim: The Black currently released now and in April will be Godzilla: Singular Point.

Just at the off chance you don't know any of those.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It’s St. Patrick’s day, so I’m bringing back this legend.
Been a while since I’ve talked about my Sonic fighting game ideas but I was legitimately thinking about making Irish an Injustice 2 inspired alt character for Sonic. Even had a few ideas of how to make the moves Irish themed.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gotcha, I’m referring to the fact that the Castlevania game I mentioned has skeletons on motorcycles in Victorian era London
that weirdly makes sense for a Castlevania game to have...could be just my mind believing it to be so tho

fictional world based games really do be normal enough to involve that at this point...now GTA...when will you get that ridiculously normal?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
that weirdly makes sense for a Castlevania game to have...could be just my mind believing it to be so tho

fictional world based games really do be normal enough to involve that at this point...now GTA...when will you get that ridiculously normal?
I think it looked stupid and out of place but eh.

D

Deleted member

I think I did pretty well with my doodle today
sketch1615996677429.png

I'll probably draw some pokemon later (or stuff people actually care about) but idk

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Raimi fans beware...a video that criticizes parts of the 1st Spider-Man trilogy
Thwip
Tobey fans won't be getting me

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can safely out of all my years listening to anime & other various japanese media.

I never wished this much I could understand Japanese without subtitles than now, and not for anime in particular.

I want to get what changes did they make to Undertale/Deltarune jokes and other parts that can't be smoothly translated without some changes & what any of the Hololives girls are saying while they play those games.

Yes, i'm still stuck in the vortex, help me

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My Monster Hunter 2020 Review:

Having been released back in December, and looking at how the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog and Detective Pikachu fared well can Paul W.S. Anderson and Mila Jovovich's Monster Hunter continue the trend? Sadly the adaption based upon Capcom's hit selling franchise failed to ignite as it fell rather flat. The plot had no substance with no actual development built in which made me want to care less about the characters as I wasn't entirely too invested in Natalie Artemis' backstory.

In addition I felt that the rest of the cast from the Natalie's US Army were completely wasted at the beginning as well as iconic martial arts actor Tony Jaa who certainly deserved better.

The pacing felt like it took quite a while to get going in which Natalie and the Hunter (Jaa) took down the Diablos until Rathalos showed up in the final 30 minutes which doesn't really seem to give much time to for one of Monster Hunter's iconic beasts to shine on screen. In addition to the very slow pacing, the editing was rather jarring with a lot of quick cuts thrown within the action sequences which made it very hard for me to follow or engage in the scenes. But then again, this is pretty much Paul W.S. Anderson's trademark which he utilised since the Resident Evil movies.

Overall, Monster Hunter felt like it failed to take what made their games so popular and made it rather uninteresting. if I have any advice for Capcom and Sony Pictures going forward, please do not let Paul W.S. Anderson touch another one of your franchises to film, otherwise he will destroy it.

Rating: 3/10.

Raimi fans beware...a video that criticizes parts of the 1st Spider-Man trilogy
Thwip
Tobey fans won't be getting me
Ah, I remember watching one of this channel's videos a while ago in which I do agree with his points about the problems with the Amazing Spider-Man films.

Guess I'll have to find a way to see Zack Snyder's Justice League next.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

It’s St. Patrick’s day, so I’m bringing back this legend.
I still remember the drawing I did of Irish and Silver last time, and I was going to do something today, either in the form of something drawn or written because while we don't celebrate St.Patrick's Day in Mexico, I find it a very interesting celebration and also the feats of the Saint himself. Unfortunately, I probably won't, or maybe I will just to distract myself of the fact that I lost my grandmother today. I really didn't want the day to be somber, but my only relief it's that she's not suffering anymore. It's going to be hard for me to return home knowing that her house is now empty and that I cannot tell her how much I love her anymore. I am so sorry to bring this up but, I am trying to let it all out.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
If a mega man robot master was a boss in smash what would you want it to be

To me Gemini Man is the best concept wise due to not having a double boss battle in smash yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom