• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
leorai shipping reminder

in a nutshell
after Diana made a wish to have Steve back to life, he comes back to life. They reunited all happy like and had a good session of wholesome sex between a loving couple...however...the problem with the intimacy is that when Steve returned, he wasn't fully back. The reason for this is because while he spiritually returned to life for a long while, physically he wasn't there. Instead he unintentionally stole a man's body. Because his essence was placed inside of another man's body, and because Diana had sex with Steve through another guy's bod, many people consider it to have been unconsensual sex...or **** in another term. So Diana within the DCEU is considered to be a rapist because of this action. Sure she slept with who she saw as the man she once loves...but the body of the real owner was still seen to be his and not Steve's. They even acknowledged how Diana and Steve both realized he wasn't fully back due to a mirror showing off the original guy's body, while she was the only one to see Steve (well...Max and Cheetah may have seen Steve as well...but that wasn't explained)
. And that's the story of how Diana had a character damaging moment in her long ass lifespan.
Considering this information, could it not be argued that Diana and Steve are equally culpable as Steve also used somebody else’s body without consent?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering this information, could it not be argued that Diana and Steve are equally culpable as Steve also used somebody else’s body without consent?
it could, tho he was mainly confused as to why he saw another man in the reflection at first...but he was also the one who made Diana revoke her wish for his life to continue in order to stop Cheetah with her powers that were mainly lost. She was legit willing to let the rest of the world suffer their wishes if it meant she could have happiness...so...I guess that explains more of her loneliness in the present day

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So here's the current roster of PMEX Remix:

Not pictured (L-Load)
  • Metal Mario (Mario)
  • Giga Bowser (Bowser)
  • Giga Dry Bowser (Dry Bowser)
  • Wario-Man (Wario)
  • Giant Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • Sword Ganondorf (Ganondorf)
  • Suitless Samus (Zero Suit Samus)
  • Brawl Meta Knight (Meta Knight)
  • Giant Jigglypuff (Jigglypuff)
  • Mega Mewtwo Y (Mewtwo)
  • Mega Lucario (Lucario)
  • Mega Charizard X (Charizard)
  • Super Sonic (Sonic)

Shroob

Sup?
So here's the current roster of PMEX Remix:

Not pictured (L-Load)
  • Metal Mario (Mario)
  • Giga Bowser (Bowser)
  • Giga Dry Bowser (Dry Bowser)
  • Wario-Man (Wario)
  • Giant Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
  • Sword Ganondorf (Ganondorf)
  • Suitless Samus (Zero Suit Samus)
  • Brawl Meta Knight (Meta Knight)
  • Giant Jigglypuff (Jigglypuff)
  • Mega Mewtwo Y (Mewtwo)
  • Mega Lucario (Lucario)
  • Mega Charizard X (Charizard)
  • Super Sonic (Sonic)
I have many questions.

D

Deleted member

So for a project I’m working on, I’m gonna have to design my own font.

Interesting...
It’s not that hard of a task tbh.

It’s really making the font look good and cohesive, cause while a font may look like nothing’s changed there’s still a lot of minor little details you need to change that most people don’t pay attention too

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Do movies not have the same rating system as games, where anything lower than an 80 means trash?
I think it is slightly different which kind of depends on the amount of reviews aggregated. In Rotten Tomatoes terms depending on how you view them, they have three different rating systems:

Certified Fresh: Wide-release films with a score of 75% or higher that are reviewed by at least 80 critics, of which 5 are "Top Critics", are given this seal. The "Certified Fresh" seal remains until the score drops below 70%. Films with limited releases require only 40 reviews (including 5 from "Top Critics") to qualify for this seal. For TV shows, only individual seasons are eligible for consideration, and each must have at least 20 critic reviews.

Fresh: Films or TV shows with a score of 60% or higher that do not meet the requirements for the "Certified Fresh" seal.

Rotten: Films or TV shows with a score of 0–59% receive this seal.

I intend to look through look more on the critic reviews and some of the audience reviews that had been posted on Rotten Tomatoes once I have watched the entire film/tv show to see if they reflect my views.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...and i barely know how to code...
Coding is one of those things where you may as well just dive right in and see how it works for yourself. It’s not really something you can “practice” either, at least not in the traditional sense. It’s more akin to learning a new language, except it’s basically just gibberish like

#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
char str[1000], ch;
int count = 0;

and very very strict on errors

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd like to get into creating Brawl Mods, but I don't think good tutorials exist...

...and I can't even install a mod in the first place.
There’s a teaching game called CodeCombat with its own website; I’ve read that it’s good, haven’t tried it myself yet but I want to soon. It’s free for at least most of its core levels, but costs money for what I guess is more advanced stuff. I think it just has Python and JavaScript though, but I think both that + Java are very common.

Of course, probably isn’t gonna help much with Brawl (I don’t know what coding language is used for it), but it might be a good starting point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like to get into creating Brawl Mods, but I don't think good tutorials exist...

...and I can't even install a mod in the first place.
One day I'll get back to Brawl modding. I still have various unfinished projects like a stage based on Gyromite or Gangplank Galleon. Also remaking my Panel de Pon stage.

Anyway, you don't know how to code to make stage or character imports. It does become much harder if you want to actually make your own moveset, what with all the variables and all that jazz. Simply importing models isn't that difficult.

Personally I'd start with just making simple texture mods to get a feel for it and once you're comfortable with the software and all that, you could try making a simple stage import. That one's a bit more advanced with blast zones, lighting effects, draw distance, camera and potentially animations. Most of the time those things don't need to be modified though, so it's not a big deal. Afterwards you could try your hand at a character model import, though be aware that rigging can be very obnoxious depending on how detailed your model is. Like, someone like Jigglypuff is much easier to rig than a more standard human like Falcon. But for a first time, I'd really advise against model imports.

Well, I can't promise anything due to me not having done anything in ages, but if you got any questions or need help I can try to do so.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me playing Persona 5 Strikers and wishing I could go on a roadtrip like the cast but I can't cause I'm too introverted and some of my IRL friends are party-goers and probably wouldn't keep stuff neat for me to want to:

1615847132938.png

Hey I've strong feels for stuff like this............... I'm a simple guy.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Me playing Persona 5 Strikers and wishing I could go on a roadtrip like the cast but I can't cause I'm too introverted and some of my IRL friends are party-goers and probably wouldn't keep stuff neat for me to want to:

View attachment 307381

Hey I've strong feels for stuff like this............... I'm a simple guy.
Just be like me and have no friends!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Coding is one of those things where you may as well just dive right in and see how it works for yourself. It’s not really something you can “practice” either, at least not in the traditional sense. It’s more akin to learning a new language, except it’s basically just gibberish like

#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
char str[1000], ch;
int count = 0;

and very very strict on errors
I might have been underselling my coding knowledge. Last year I took a class that taught JavaScript. I was also supposed to learn Python, but that was around the time covid hit, and this year the curriculum was way more focused on theory (we did some stuff in Python but i still don't consider myself very literate in that language), and given it's been about a year since I touched JavaScript I don't think I'm very good at that either. Next year is back to proper coding, this time in Java (not JavaScript).

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I have a question for Monster Hunter fans. Do most players end up maining one weapon? Because I've mainly been swapping between them.
I have a preference for Dual Blades and would probably consider that my "main" weapon, but I also feel pretty comfortable with the Great Sword and Hammer, so I switch it up from time to time. Depends on the monster I'm fighting, really. Typically I craft decent weapons for most weapon classes if I have enough materials left over just in case I decide to branch out and try something different.

But just use whatever works for ya, I guess.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, as a huge introvert who has like 2 irl people I would call “friends” this hits on a personal level.
2 close friends is honestly a perfectly healthy amount for an introvert to have. Don't be ashamed of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom