• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Considering most people only seam to talk about the one scene whenever they discuss its flaws, I think people are over exaggerating. But I wouldn’t know. I didn’t get to see it while it was on hbo max so I have to wait till the end of March for it to come back.

It’s more so that Patty Jenkins is a good director and Zack Snyder is not. There is no way people are judging these movies accurately or fairly.
In all fairness, a **** scene played for laughs can legit ruin a movie for many.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

got some less approving reviews so far now...still way more positives overall, so it's not reaching the mixed reception yet

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, body swap or not that's still ****ing gross to have.
IDK. To me, it's two metaphysical and weird to just blanket apply that term and emotion that way. Like, are people just their bodies? Was he even in there while it was happening? From what I've read he doesn't even seam to know if happened. Does the person who was inhabiting his body at that moment, entierly against his own will I might add, not have any agency or choice in what he gets to do with what, for all intents and purposes, is HIS body now? It's just too detached from reality for our rules to apply 1-1.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Snake I think you're overthinking something nasty to make it acceptable again

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
IDK. To me, it's two metaphysical and weird to just blanket apply that term and emotion that way. Like, are people just their bodies? Was he even in there while it was happening? From what I've read he doesn't even seam to know if happened. Does the person who was inhabiting his body at that moment, entierly against his own will I might add, not have any agency or choice in what he gets to do with what, for all intents and purposes, is HIS body now? It's just too detached from reality for our rules to apply 1-1.
I mean, meta or not, it’s the other dude’s body taken without his consent apparently, with him probably even being able to get erased from the world in a sense if the guy had decided to possess him forever (I didn’t watch the movie but this is what I’m gathering from all I’ve read here). Would you want your body possessed against your will with whoever took it doing stuff to it?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, meta or not, it’s the other dude’s body taken without his consent apparently, with him probably even being able to get erased from the world in a sense if the guy had decided to possess him forever (I didn’t watch the movie but this is what I’m gathering from all I’ve read here). Would you want your body possessed against your will with whoever took it doing stuff to it?
I mean no. But I also wouldn't really blame them. It's not like they knew that would happen when she made her magic wish. People are treating it like they're some sort of body stealing cult who knowingly took his body specifically to abuse it.

D

Deleted member

I leave for a few hours and come back to uh... whatever the hell this discussion is?
8C22AD33-D1A3-46A3-B2F7-2C651535277B.jpeg

Never change, social thread :046:

Last edited by a moderator:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
How y'all doing today?
I learned that I need to stop posting little fun things at midnight where nobody can see them. Like so:
View attachment 307320
Aku Aku logo by EvilWaluigi on Deviantart
View attachment 307321
Sorry, Deva, I wanted to include Hikage on the Spirit Board... who's to say there can't be more?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Can someone please clarify what is going on regarding the current topic of Wonder Woman and why everyone is talking about ****?
Early reviews on the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League have a higher percentage of critics being positive about it than they were about Wonder Woman 1984, though I'm not sure how reliable Rotten Tomatoes is. (whether or not a movie's considered "fresh" or "rotten" could be based on a very small difference of percent, and the score will change as more reviews come in)

Also, Wonder Woman 1984 apparently had some controversy surrounding the concept of Steve Trevor coming back to life by having his soul put into someone else's body, and everything that resulted from that. (some people take the concept more seriously than others; I watched the movie, and I didn't even consider the issues that it could cause, while other people seem to act as though it's the worst thing they could have done and character assassination of the highest order)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Early reviews on the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League have a higher percentage of critics being positive about it than they were about Wonder Woman 1984, though I'm not sure how reliable Rotten Tomatoes is. (whether or not a movie's considered "fresh" or "rotten" could be based on a very small difference of percent, and the score will change as more reviews come in)

Also, Wonder Woman 1984 apparently had some controversy surrounding the concept of Steve Trevor coming back to life by having his soul put into someone else's body, and everything that resulted from that. (some people take the concept more seriously than others; I watched the movie, and I didn't even consider the issues that it could cause, while other people seem to act as though it's the worst thing they could have done and character assassination of the highest order)
I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but they definitely should've thought it through before putting it in the movie.

D

Deleted member

Imagine how long that pack must have been sitting for in warehouses and collections, its owners never learning it had one of the most valued cards in the game inside.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just got back from my sister's to pick up my clean clothes.

Had to walk there and back, so I'm feeling pretty crusty right now. Just gonna chill and relax.

Set up my character in Terraria in my volcano farm to collect cash and gonna afk that for now. Might take a nap. Idk.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think y'all are underthinking it tbh. But whatevs. I'll drop it.
leorai shipping reminder
Can someone please clarify what is going on regarding the current topic of Wonder Woman and why everyone is talking about ****?
in a nutshell
after Diana made a wish to have Steve back to life, he comes back to life. They reunited all happy like and had a good session of wholesome sex between a loving couple...however...the problem with the intimacy is that when Steve returned, he wasn't fully back. The reason for this is because while he spiritually returned to life for a long while, physically he wasn't there. Instead he unintentionally stole a man's body. Because his essence was placed inside of another man's body, and because Diana had sex with Steve through another guy's bod, many people consider it to have been unconsensual sex...or **** in another term. So Diana within the DCEU is considered to be a rapist because of this action. Sure she slept with who she saw as the man she once loves...but the body of the real owner was still seen to be his and not Steve's. They even acknowledged how Diana and Steve both realized he wasn't fully back due to a mirror showing off the original guy's body, while she was the only one to see Steve (well...Max and Cheetah may have seen Steve as well...but that wasn't explained)
. And that's the story of how Diana had a character damaging moment in her long ass lifespan.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The duck tales finale was fantastic! A beautiful ending and everyone got their moments to shine which was impressive given the cast size.

Also the big reveal was really interesting but a touching one at the same time. What a great revival! I’m glad the crew got to do the show justice.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And that's the story of how Diana had a character damaging moment in her long ass lifespan.
If you mean her run as a character, then WW has had a lot of character damaging moments over multiple media, (like the Injustice games), but I think it’s also pretty bad that something like this was included in the follow up to what many consider the first great female superhero movie as well as one of the best parts of the DCEU

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you mean her run as a character, then WW has had a lot of character damaging moments over multiple media, (like the Injustice games), but I think it’s also pretty bad that something like this was included in the follow up to what many consider the first great female superhero movie as well as one of the best parts of the DCEU
Don't forget the time when she snapped Max Lord's neck on live television...tho I don't think we're meant to like most of the people on Clark's side of Injustice.

There's also her killing a love interest, giving Darkseid back his powers (and also made him a simp), and everything about her in Flashpoint...everything. For a Holy Trinity member she's probably the most heartless one of the bunch

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just finished the Battletoads reboot. Pretty good game! Disappointingly short and way more minigame levels then I would have liked. But pretty good! Plus the animation was just so fluid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom