• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I’ll always cherish the early days of the switch, even though I didn’t have one yet.

With all the stellar games we have on this system, the days when the only games were BOTW and Snipperclips seem so quaint.
I still got my Switch from Day one! Still no issues apart from some drift issues on my Pro Controller.

Put in a lot of mileage on BotW back then. Still am every now and then, though I'm currently working on Xenoblade.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Get a Crunchyroll subscription and shop exclusively at 7-11. The true American experience :yoshi:
You know....I used to anime and manga.

But then I moved to Japan and now I can’t stand it. I think the last anime I watched was back in 2013 and only cause a friend wanted to show me Attack on Titan. Absolutely hated it.

Japanese 7-11 has spoiled me. It has everything and more. Hell, I bought and paid for my plane tickets there lol. I didn’t even know America had 7-11

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Fun Fact: I live in a state that was rushed to statehood so Abraham Lincoln could get more votes during the Civil War. If that didn't happen it probably would've taken at least 50 more years, if at all. As such Nevada was the least populated state for almost a hundred years being half the size of the next least populated state at the time, Wyoming. It didn't even break 100,000 people until the 1930s :yoshi:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Fun Fact: I live in a state that was rushed to statehood so Abraham Lincoln could get more votes during the Civil War. If that didn't happen it probably would've taken at least 50 more years, if at all. As such Nevada was the least populated state for almost a hundred years being half the size of the next least populated state at the time, Wyoming. It didn't even break 100,000 people until the 1930s :yoshi:
As a native Nevadan, I keep forgetting little bits like that. Then again, this state is still extremely friggin’ weird, so I’m not really in a place to complain.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Japanese 7-11: You can literally live off them.

Australian 7-11: Fuel, slurpees and the usual overpriced servo items only tradies buy.

American 7-11: I only know what I've seen from an episode of Undercover Boss. Bagels.

Luig

Confused
It's been a hot minute since I've been on here.... since november. Sometimes, I got on the SB homepage and just looked at it, wondering whether or not to log in. It's a very nostalgic place for me, especially since I've not been very active on it at all. Anyways, I am exist. At the moment I've just been most concerned with getting a GPU to finish off my PC build, but that's an impossible task at the moment; every force in the world has come in at once to make tech as hard to acquire as possible. Taiwan is in the middle of a drought, the pandemic seriously restricted production of all semiconductors, TSMC literally supply for AMD, which make the stuff in the Xbox Series X, PS5, and every AMD CPU and TSMC supply some NVidia and Samsung stuff, cryptocurrency is at an all time high which makes it even harder to get a card, and trump signed a 25% tarriff for stuff coming from china that massively affected the pricing of some electronics; one of the 3060 ti SKUs i was looking at went from $450, to $500. The semiconductor shortage is so bad that CAR MANUFACTURERS have been having to shut down and limit things because they can't get enough computers for the damn cars. It's that bad. Biden recently signed an executive order to investigate concerns over a global semiconductor shortage as it affects all electronic goods, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
As a native Nevadan, I keep forgetting little bits like that. Then again, this state is still extremely friggin’ weird, so I’m not really in a place to complain.
I used to live in Nevada when I was really young so I don't remember much from it except for the fact that the Apartment my family lived in had a metric ton of Blue Lizards and Fire Ants living around it. So the weird claim is very much accurate.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well...that was fun lol.

I should of clarified that I’m moving back to America in less than a month. But I kind of ran with it as I never roleplayed as a foreigner coming to America. Plus, I like to troll threads sometimes like that.

I’m originally from Ohio and was born and raised there but I haven’t been back for more than two weeks in over a decade. That being said, it does feel like I’m moving to a foreign country as Japan has been, more or less, my home for the decade. I’m largely still stuck in 2010 when I first left.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Moving to America in less than a month...

...anything I should know about?
America’s the greatest worst country on earth. Filled with God’s chosen dumbass people. Lotta morons in the USA.

If you’re headed to the east coast, particularly the NY area, we have the best pizza in the country. Questionable everything else.

If you’re headed to the west coast, particularly the Cali area, be prepared for a lot of earthquakes. Great art though.

If you’re headed to the midwest, be prepared for a lot of passive aggression. And snow.

If you’re headed to the south, don’t.
You forgot about the hurricanes in the southeast.

Also if you plan to line in North Carolina in particular, be prepared for plenty of ice in the winters.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Well...that was fun lol.

I should of clarified that I’m moving back to America in less than a month. But I kind of ran with it as I never roleplayed as a foreigner coming to America. Plus, I like to troll threads sometimes like that.

I’m originally from Ohio and was born and raised there but I haven’t been back for more than two weeks in over a decade. That being said, it does feel like I’m moving to a foreign country as Japan has been, more or less, my home for the decade. I’m largely still stuck in 2010 when I first left.
Ohio lost a lot of population and became a Trump state.
It's your fault for leaving.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oh, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I hope you weren't a fan of KFC.

Because it's a contender for worst fast food in America.
Speaking of KFC, did you know that if you look at Colonel Sanders' bowtie as a stick man, you can never unsee it.
574c53776379ab113904e5fca6c8d9c1.png

Edit: Also, my brother is a Kentucky Colonel like Colonel Sanders. If you don't believe me, I can get a pic of his certificate next time I visit him.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Fun fact about North Carolina: this state is where the Wright brothers achieved flight through a powered aircraft for the first time in human history.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's been a hot minute since I've been on here.... since november. Sometimes, I got on the SB homepage and just looked at it, wondering whether or not to log in. It's a very nostalgic place for me, especially since I've not been very active on it at all. Anyways, I am exist. At the moment I've just been most concerned with getting a GPU to finish off my PC build, but that's an impossible task at the moment; every force in the world has come in at once to make tech as hard to acquire as possible. Taiwan is in the middle of a drought, the pandemic seriously restricted production of all semiconductors, TSMC literally supply for AMD, which make the stuff in the Xbox Series X, PS5, and every AMD CPU and TSMC supply some NVidia and Samsung stuff, cryptocurrency is at an all time high which makes it even harder to get a card, and trump signed a 25% tarriff for stuff coming from china that massively affected the pricing of some electronics; one of the 3060 ti SKUs i was looking at went from $450, to $500. The semiconductor shortage is so bad that CAR MANUFACTURERS have been having to shut down and limit things because they can't get enough computers for the damn cars. It's that bad. Biden recently signed an executive order to investigate concerns over a global semiconductor shortage as it affects all electronic goods, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.
Welcome back

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You forgot about the hurricanes in the southeast.

Also if you plan to line in North Carolina in particular, be prepared for plenty of ice in the winters.
I have a job offer for my old hometown school district that I plan to take up until June. From there, pick up a few jobs before transferring to a another district who wants to offer me a teacher position. I may have to sub for a while but not that long hopefully. But we will be staying mostly in Ohio unless we feel like going somewhere else.

I’ve been to NC several times and it’s not that bad. Prefer SC though. We used to go to Myrtle Beach in summers.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Fun fact:

There is no actual clarification as to where I live actually is. Province, Region, Country, part of the UK, part of Ireland, historical province of Ireland, that part of the UK that everyone forgets. Either way, you're offending someone.

I find it fun to live in. Not many places give you that much perspective.

I consider myself Irish but living in the UK.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy I hope you weren't a fan of KFC.

Because it's a contender for worst fast food in America.
KFC is legit in Japan. Like...it’s incomparable the quality between American KFC and Japanese KFC or, as they say, Kentakii. My family and I just did KFC dinners like al Japanese families during Christmas lol. I never ate KFC until I came here and, even then, I was on the fence. I tried american KFC after I came to visit my family in like 2011 and .... it made me sick lol. It was horrible.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Fun fact:

There is no actual clarification as to where I live actually is. Province, Region, Country, part of the UK, part of Ireland, historical province of Ireland, that part of the UK that everyone forgets.

I find it fun to live in. Not many places give you that much perspective.

I consider myself Irish but living in the UK. Though if a poll were to happen, I might know what I would vote for.
What I know about Northern Ireland is that it has its own devolved assembly and divided into 11 districts. It doesn't have "parishes" or "community councils" like the rest of the UK. I also know Ireland is made up of 32 historical counties and that NI makes up 6 of those :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
KFC is legit in Japan. Like...it’s incomparable the quality between American KFC and Japanese KFC or, as they say, Kentakii. My family and I just did KFC dinners like al Japanese families during Christmas lol. I never ate KFC until I came here and, even then, I was on the fence.
Never had KFC in America?

Word of advice: keep it that way. Unless you want soggy ass "chicken" that tastes like depression.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Word of advice: keep it that way. Unless you want soggy ass "chicken" that tastes like depression.
I tried it after I ate the Japanese version. But yeah, I agree with that assessment. I felt sick for days with digestive issues. And I’m usually pretty good with eating different kinds of food. What floors me is eating cat and maggots in Korea sat with me fine but eating KFC in America destroyed my digestive tract.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just cuz...
Current Switch Physical titles:
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Arms
Xenoblade Chronicles 2*
Super Mario Odyssey*
Super Smash Bros Ultimate*
Xenoblade Chronicle Definitive Edition*
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity*
Astral Chain*
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim*
Pokken Tournament
Pokemon Shield
Crash N. Sane Trilogy
Doom

Digital:
Snipperclips
Axiom Verge*
Steamworld Dig 2*
Steamworld Dig
Blaster Master Zero
Rocket League
Ori and the Blind Forest*
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Hollow Knight*
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
Shovel Knight
Final Fantasy VII*
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX*
The Card: Texas Hold em, Poker, etc...
Chess Ultra
Enter The Gungeon
Kamiko

*favourites

Most Anticipated:
Metroid Prime 4
Breath of the Wild 2
Pokemon Legends Arceus
Pokemon BD/SP (based on exclusives of the originals I may get SP)
Subnautica/Below Zero
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Axiom Verge 2
Blue Fire

Unconfirmed/Unannounced/Wanted:
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New 2-D Metroid
Twilight Princess/WindWaker HD
Xenoblade Chronicles X or X2
Alien: Isolation
Final Fantasy VII Remake (ha...like that'll ever happen)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Speaking of which, I think my mom and I have finally perfected the art of fried chicken tonight! It’s a lot better if homemade, but it’s even moreso if you do it perfectly, with the batter staying on and hardly burning yourself and whatnot.

If you’re too lazy, though, I’d reccomend Popeye’s or Wingstop. Nice, crispy, and flavorful all-around, those places are.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
KFC is legit in Japan. Like...it’s incomparable the quality between American KFC and Japanese KFC or, as they say, Kentakii. My family and I just did KFC dinners like al Japanese families during Christmas lol. I never ate KFC until I came here and, even then, I was on the fence. I tried american KFC after I came to visit my family in like 2011 and .... it made me sick lol. It was horrible.
I grew up in Kentakii.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of which, I think my mom and I have finally perfected the art of fried chicken tonight! It’s a lot better if homemade, but it’s even moreso if you do it perfectly, with the batter staying on and hardly burning yourself and whatnot.

If you’re too lazy, though, I’d reccomend Popeye’s or Wingstop. Nice, crispy, and flavorful all-around, those places are.
Can vouch for Popeyes.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Why do I feel like the second i cave and actually buy P5R on PS4 is the moment they announce it’s coming to switch?
Historical precedent says that all mainline Persona game are PlayStation exclusive.
But this is the same Nintendo that got Microsoft characters in Smash.

Just cuz...
Current Switch Physical titles:
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Splatoon 2
Arms
Xenoblade Chronicles 2*
Super Mario Odyssey*
Super Smash Bros Ultimate*
Xenoblade Chronicle Definitive Edition*
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity*
Astral Chain*
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim*
Pokken Tournament
Pokemon Shield
Crash N. Sane Trilogy
Doom

Digital:
Snipperclips
Axiom Verge*
Steamworld Dig 2*
Steamworld Dig
Blaster Master Zero
Rocket League
Ori and the Blind Forest*
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Hollow Knight*
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
Shovel Knight
Final Fantasy VII*
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX*
The Card: Texas Hold em, Poker, etc...
Chess Ultra
Enter The Gungeon
Kamiko

*favourites

Most Anticipated:
Metroid Prime 4
Breath of the Wild 2
Pokemon Legends Arceus
Pokemon BD/SP (based on exclusives of the originals I may get SP)
Subnautica/Below Zero
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Axiom Verge 2
Blue Fire

Unconfirmed/Unannounced/Wanted:
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New 2-D Metroid
Twilight Princess/WindWaker HD
Xenoblade Chronicles X or X2
Alien: Isolation
Final Fantasy VII Remake (ha...like that'll ever happen)
Why the hell is this blurred?
But damn. You got a lot of physical games.
I went full digital after Mario Odyssey. Much more convenient than carrying around 100 cartridges.

Edit; Heck, double post. It was an accident. :(

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Historical precedent says that all mainline Persona game are PlayStation exclusive.
I know that there’s a high likelihood that it won’t happen. But man, it just makes so much sense with all of the nintendo cross promoting with 5 in smash and with dragalia list and with Strikers.... god damn it.

Dutch Raikuna

What I know about Northern Ireland is that it has its own devolved assembly and divided into 11 districts. It doesn't have "parishes" or "community councils" like the rest of the UK. I also know Ireland is made up of 32 historical counties and that NI makes up 6 of those :yoshi:
It is an interesting place to live in. And pretty unique. One of the reasons why my world view seems rare at least.

-A democratically devolved diarchy as a government with two ministers from both sides to lead.
-One of the most strangely divided places, where even a road can be both British sided at the top and Irish sided at the bottom.
-It had the longest conflict during the Cold War but had nothing to do with it.

I've mentioned to people before but I'd give the history of the history a read on a rainy day, kinda like reading obscure wars in parts of the world or reading the history of the Republic of Venice.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I know that there’s a high likelihood that it won’t happen. But man, it just makes so much sense with all of the nintendo cross promoting with 5 in smash and with dragalia list and with Strikers.... god damn it.
I mean, Snake in Brawl never brought Metal Gear to Nintendo except a 3D port of MGS3.
But then again, Final Fantasy just dumped itself onto Switch after Cloud got into Smash.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Smash by itself doesn’t prove a thing. But ATLUS seems to be really trying to market Persona to Nintendo fans imo.
This is completely unconfirmed, but rumor has it that Sony has a deal with Atlus to keep Persona exclusive to PlayStation.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
KFC has worked its way into sporting culture here. The buckets are commonly worn as hats at cricket matches.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Why the hell is this blurred?
But damn. You got a lot of physical games.
I went full digital after Mario Odyssey. Much more convenient than carrying around 100 cartridges.

Edit; Heck, double post. It was an accident. :(
I always prefer Physical over digital if I can. It just seems safer for those particular games if something were to happen to my Switch, plus I don't want to have storage issues down the line.

Dutch Raikuna

I always prefer Physical over digital if I can. It just seems safer for those particular games if something were to happen to my Switch, plus I don't want to have storage issues down the line.
Plus you get to have them all lined up and gives you a sense of collecting if that makes sense.

I've 38 physical copies and with very few exceptions if there's a physical I'll make sure to get it as that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom