• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
No one's bad at school.

It's just people have varying degrees of intelligence/slacking. You could maintain a 2.5 GPA until college. You could get into a community college, get a 4.0, and transfer to Harvard or something.

Could that actually happen?
yeah it could actually happen

despite the emphasis that is placed on high school a flawless record at a community college (and maybe some other stuff on your app) would let you go anywhere you want...as long as it's in-state. Transferring OOS is a lot harder to accomplish with that because standards for cc varies between states.

M.K

Level 55
Harvard accepts a grand total of ~40 Transfer Students per year. The chances of a community college student competing against individuals transferring from very prestigious Private or Public universities, while possible, is highly improbable.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
People don't even need to go to Harvard to be successful anyway. It's all up to you.

Not like I'll be making as much money as my parents anytime soon...

Dentistry ftw. I have an uncle who's a dentist. He lives in a crappy house, but he owns all of these older cars that look new.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So I'm gonna make the topic do a 180 degree turn since I'm happy that my math teacher helped me out on some math stuff that I was seriously failing at.

So does anyone listen to Serj Tankian? He used to be part of System of a Down until they went on a hiatus. I think his music is pretty awesome (he's also the same ethnicity as me, **** yes).

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm Lebanese. My dad's from Lebanon and my mom's from Syria (she's Armenian). Both of them were born into poverty until they emigrated to the U.S.

Just a little family history from me, I guess.

UberMario

Smash Master
Hmmm, interesting, I definitely did not expect that Powerbomb. If it's not too personal, I was just wondering, have you ever seen your grandparents, then?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anyone ever 100% Drakengard? The Endings were pretty weird...

Getting Weapons/Leveling done now x_x. Man, I wonder if Neir is decent at all..

Clownbot

Smash Lord
New pokesmilies? :awesome:

:103::130::147::150::160::164::178::185::202::204::214::249::298::320::352:

These are awesome. Thanks, staff (and the creators of the new original smilies as well =D)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
:149:

yeahhhhhhh so good.

I wish I had an interesting story to tell, but I don't. Maybe when I make up one I'll come back and tell you about it instead of talking about my 3 stepmoms and the reverse alimony case.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Goddddddd I just did my PSAT today. They NEED to make that test at least 5 minutes longer. It's so hard to finish a 30 question section when they only give you 25 minutes. At least make it 30, I mean, I'm always nearly done when they finish up.

And wtf? They even had **** in there even I haven't heard about. And I'm tne smart person in class >_>

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well, gods from medevil Europe falling into a dimensional rift destroying Tokyo... mmm?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Goddddddd I just did my PSAT today. They NEED to make that test at least 5 minutes longer. It's so hard to finish a 30 question section when they only give you 25 minutes. At least make it 30, I mean, I'm always nearly done when they finish up.

And wtf? They even had **** in there even I haven't heard about. And I'm tne smart person in class >_>

PSAT is good, but in my thoughts it does not prepare you for well enough for the SAT. But that is just my opinion.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, gods from medevil Europe falling into a dimensional rift destroying Tokyo... mmm?
Is Tyranitar based on Godzilla? I've never thought about the potentiality until I read this post and saw your avatar.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Hmmm, interesting, I definitely did not expect that Powerbomb. If it's not too personal, I was just wondering, have you ever seen your grandparents, then?
Yeah. They emigrated to the U.S. as well. My grandpa couldn't speak English and he passed the citizenship test, or so I'm told.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Has anyone read the book '1984' before?
Yes, I have. I read it two years back in school -- we had a choice of three dystopian novels, and I already had interest in 1984 so I picked it. I recently bought it again because I want to re-read it, but I probably won't start on it until I'm done re-reading The Catcher in the Rye.

As you can probably tell from me buying it, I rather enjoyed the book. The ending in particular was pretty striking to me.

Have you read it / are you reading it now?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I should rant about Brave New World.

also yeah, i read 1984, it's really good but it kinda smacks you in the face with its messages.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace

Well the test is meant for juniors, so that's understandable.

All the sections except the writing section gave you more than one minute per question.

IMO the PSAT was really easy this year; I'm hoping to get the National Merit Scholarship.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
The PSAT is supposed to be for juniors?

I didn't know that, I just remember taking it my freshman year and not bothering after that since I got some decent score.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well the test is meant for juniors, so that's understandable.

All the sections except the writing section gave you more than one minute per question.

IMO the PSAT was really easy this year; I'm hoping to get the National Merit Scholarship.

God, but would it really be that bad to give me 30 minutes instead of 25?

The PSAT is supposed to be for juniors?

I didn't know that, I just remember taking it my freshman year and not bothering after that since I got some decent score.
It's also for freshmen. Luckily, my school actually PAYS for me to take the PSAT in my Freshman and Sophomore (or is it Junior when you take it next?) year so I didn't have to pay a cent ^^

But man, this test really left me more ******** than usual. I couldn't even get past number one on these math problems in my Math class. Like really, I was stuck on doing **** like Cramer's Rule and subsitution and ****.... and thing is that it was REALLY easy the previous class, so I think it was the test that left me stupid for the rest of the day

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Yes, I have. I read it two years back in school -- we had a choice of three dystopian novels, and I already had interest in 1984 so I picked it. I recently bought it again because I want to re-read it, but I probably won't start on it until I'm done re-reading The Catcher in the Rye.

As you can probably tell from me buying it, I rather enjoyed the book. The ending in particular was pretty striking to me.

Have you read it / are you reading it now?
Just finished it.

At the end, did Winston actually die or is he still alive? Is the whole conversion thing just in his head as he 'loves' Big Brother?

I thought it was pretty interesting. Scary concept though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
While we're at it, I want 60 minutes for 30 questions, that's perfectly reasonable. You know what, might as well make it 300 minutes, that makes the most sense. Or, just **** it, give me unlimited time, that's the logical thing to do.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Maybe I don't want to be penalized for not finishing my test?

EDIT:

And you guys say I suck at battling. I just battle some guy who never knew that protect could be used as many times in a row with a higher chance of failing each time and got 6-0'd by Drizzletoed...

Oracle

Smash Master
The sat and psat are both really formulaic. You just have to take one of the prep courses (or buy a prep book) and that tells you just about everything. Also tery is right, you have to skip questions. 2280 oh yeah

Also catcher in the rye is a horrible book. it's so boring and holden is the most obnoxious main character ever and blaaaaaargh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom