• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
The scholarships you -can- get from the PSAT are like....very minute, and almost impossible to get for something that you could for something else.

Let me just give you an example. I got a very average-above average PSAT score of 175.

I never got asked to put it on a college application.
I never got asked to put it on a scholarship application.
I'm currently in the 3rd round of a scholarship opportunity to the University of North Carolina.

PSAT doesn't matter, you'll be okay =)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh no, I'm saying she just barraged us with an hour and a half worth of crap I'm supposed to do for the next 4 years and possible the next 12 more if I plan to get a Master's :urg:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I got a 180 on the PSAT, and a 1790 on my actual SAT. 640 in reading, 590 in math, 560 in writing, and a 6 on the essay xD

I could've done much, MUCH better on the math had I taken it at a slightly later date. As I've probably said a million times I was in Algebra 2 my senior year (when I took the SAT, btw). I encountered a ton functions on the SAT, which I had no clue what those even were. The very next week in school, we learned them. :mad:

Oh no, I'm saying she just barraged us with an hour and a half worth of crap I'm supposed to do for the next 4 years and possible the next 12 more if I plan to get a Master's :urg:
That's kinda her job. Guidance counslers wouldn't have much use if students weren't planning on going to college.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
She didn't have to say every single thing I was gonna have to do in 2 hours though. It woulda been fine if she just said everything happening this year >_>

M.K

Level 55
She'll do that/say that stuff/blah blah but then it'll just happen and you'll be like "Oh...okay let's do this".

Yeah, i got a 175 on my PSAT and a 2120 on my SAT.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
213 on PSAT, 2020 on SAT.

So I just signed up for Sailor Moon Mafia. Anyone want to fill me in on the details of the show? Wikipedia was surprisingly unhelpful.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, I hate CSU schools too. But seriously, I find Mafia fun for lots of reasons. Analyzing people and using fun abilities are pretty high on the list. There's always the competitive aspect, I like to win.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sailor Moon is amazing.

I can give you a rundown Wave but it'd be better to IM me or something. my sn should be in the DRoom blast group, if you're still in that.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Oh... well there goes an example of a counselor's tendency to stress you out over tiny thigns

This lady came to talk in class like 4 days ago and let's just say she just finished bringing my morale down when she started saying a bunch of crap about scholarships and **** I know I'm never gonna get because Math will always bring me down :urg:
Math's not really important...(i.e. Algebra and all that pointless advanced **** they force you to take that is)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Math's not really important...(i.e. Algebra and all that pointless advanced **** they force you to take that is)
Massive facepalm
Sailor Moon is amazing.

I can give you a rundown Wave but it'd be better to IM me or something. my sn should be in the DRoom blast group, if you're still in that.
Welp, no clue what the DR blast group is, so I'm just going to Skype you.

Pete278

Smash Lord
As someone who's good at math, I can't comprehend how people fail to pick up some concepts. It's always really intrigued me, so could someone here who's not good at it explain to me the main things that get in your way when you're trying to understand math concepts?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Big numbers, large equations, the complexity of the whole thing, a whole **** load of math terms I won't even remember when I get home, etc.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Massive facepalm
The higher maths really aren't that useful unless you work in a feild where you need to use them. Algebra can be used to figure out how to get the most bang for your gas buck and whatnot, but the average person doesn't have the need for anything higher.

Also, math is ****ing boring. There's nothing interesting about it, in my opinion.

M.K

Level 55
I'm never going to use the Calculus stuff I'm learning right now. It's solely to be a math-related burden in my life.

I'd say you use Algebra alot. Just depends on your work.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Big numbers, large equations, the complexity of the whole thing, a whole **** load of math terms I won't even remember when I get home, etc.
****, it was as I feared then: something I won't be able to understand even if you point it out. I was hoping it was a flaw in the logic process that I could help people get around, but if it's just a basic misunderstanding then there's not much I can do about it. Oh well, I've got time before I become a teacher, and I probably won't even be teaching math, so c'est la vie.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Well Wave that conversation made me feel like a huge nerd but i also nostalgiagasmed the whole time.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I kind of want to torrent buy the Sailor Moon DVD that may or may not exist, but I don't know if I'll have the time to watch it all. Maybe sometime in the future.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I have this bad moral stance on torrenting things. Like, I'll want to do it, and normally I don't care about **** like that (really, if a company has made so much money off of something, my purchase won't mean ****), but I always feel really guilty after I would feel really guilty if I were to torrent something.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I've stopped pirating PC games because it's killing the industry. Sure, my $50 isn't even a drop in the giant bucket, but the combined $50 from a million people sure is a lot.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I remember the fake BW ROM that played that song on loop infinitely.

Also Cory in the House.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Dang, most of you PCers do quite well in school. Was I the only slacker?
No, not at all. Throughout high school, I made it my goal to pass classes with the lowest marks possible for the first two years of school. Junior year, I tried a bit harder. Senior year, I'm going for high marks, so I'm actually going to my classes, but school is a joke, so I'm probably gonna end up blowing them off soon enough.

Slacker since '92, son.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd also like to mention that I failed Calc 2. Both semesters. And got a 3 on the AP exam.

Man, that senior slide really got me, but I guess I was lucky it didn't matter in the end.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Calculus is annoying me. God dang these derivatives and all of these other things we need to do...

Even though I know the derivative is the slope and all this junk...

Jesus Christ, I wish I could just use the Power Rule but NOOOOO

PowerBomb

Smash Master
No one's bad at school.

It's just people have varying degrees of intelligence/slacking. You could maintain a 2.5 GPA until college. You could get into a community college, get a 4.0, and transfer to Harvard or something.

Could that actually happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom