• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing good, how about you? Been working a lot, among other things.

My problem is is that I've got Drakengard/DarkCloud/Metroid Prime Trilogy(5/9)/Pokemon/Bten Kaitos/Some FF game and it's like... yeah I don't need other m right now. (Ontop of Maplestory) And Since I work and stuff, nothing gets done...

So I'm trying to beat Drakengard..but getting 100% is so boring. And Dark Cloud as well.

really, I want Other m now, but I know I would never play it until around October.

Anyways...in other news, I found my Nidoqueen key chain :D

I finally beat The Ultimate Test on Grandmaster in SMG2. Hammer Bros drove me to tears of frustration. :mad: And trying to get that Comet Medal? I was raging so hard, after about my 50th attempt, my mom asked me to get her some water, (she's disabled) and I yelled "Shut up!"

You don't want to know what happened after that.

On a unrelated note, this is my favorite remix of Pokemon music I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T3dZFe-E5E

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
High School is a joke XD. And the grandmaster galaxy is an amazing feat, grats Mario =]

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You're complaining about high school?

Oh boy.
Yeah, that's bad...freshman year was like 8th grade part deux for me. Workload-wise, things didn't start picking up until sophomore year and even that was child's play compared to junior year.

At the very end of last year, though, I think I finally realized that high school really isn't all that bad. I mean, yeah, it sucks for obvious reasons, but college is going to be much harder and then comes the real world.

Of course, I realized that too late to fully enjoy the good year that I had last year (it was a tough year, but a good one nevertheless), but I'm hoping I'll be able to put things in perspective this year and realize what I've got while I still have it.

I spent the first like, 14 years of my life wanting to be grown up and all that junk, and I've spent the three (nearly four now) years since being nostalgic for simpler times. I'm hoping I can at least try and enjoy what's left of high school while I still have it, instead of looking back in twenty years and kicking myself for hating it all throughout.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well the obvious assumption from "I hate high school" is that you hate the actual school part of it.

If it's something else, you should've specified in the first place rather than waiting for people to ask.

M.K

Level 55
You have to exchange your fun and workload. When one goes up, the other must go up as well, that is the law.

For example.
Freshman year: Small workload, Small amount of Fun
Junior Year: High workload, HIGH amount of Fun.

I didn't think you'd people would actually pick up a conversation from what I said and simply ignore it...
YAY GUYS! Let's post ambiguous things and complain when people don't interpret them well!

EDIT: Firus, brother, get on AIM.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't think you'd people would actually pick up a conversation from what I said and simply ignore it...
A good number of us are in high school, so we can relate to it; therefore it's not all that unusual that people would strike up a conversation about it.

And why are you posting if you don't expect a response? That's pretty much the point of a forum. This is what I keep trying to say, guys...people keep posting one-liners in here that really don't say anything, and it's getting really spammy. I've mentioned it once or twice but you guys don't seem to notice.

I'm trying not to crack down too hard since it is a social thread, but you guys are starting to push it.

You have to exchange your fun and workload. When one goes up, the other must go up as well, that is the law.

For example.
Freshman year: Small workload, Small amount of Fun
Junior Year: High workload, HIGH amount of Fun.
I pretty much just try to do high amount of fun no matter what workload I have.

Then again I'm sort of an epicurean.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I start school tomorrow...
I was told that I had shortened days for the whole first week. It made my day when I heard that, but then I found out later that it's only 15 minutes earlier. Oh well. It's better than nothing.

I also don't have a clue as to what most of my schedule is. I was moved to a more advanced math class at the last minute (I just barely made it in). Because of that my classes are going to be different now. I won't have a clue until I get there.

EDIT: Of course, compared to most of you guys, I have it easy.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
8th grade looks like its going to be a awesome year. I mean, im getting alot of Social Studies work, but I like Social Studies, so it's not too bad. And for the first time, im actually doing experiments and labs in Science. Woot.

And im thinking of making a "Pokemon Muisc Thread", but im not sure that's allowed.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
A good number of us are in high school, so we can relate to it; therefore it's not all that unusual that people would strike up a conversation about it.

And why are you posting if you don't expect a response? That's pretty much the point of a forum. This is what I keep trying to say, guys...people keep posting one-liners in here that really don't say anything, and it's getting really spammy. I've mentioned it once or twice but you guys don't seem to notice.

I'm trying not to crack down too hard since it is a social thread, but you guys are starting to push it.

I pretty much just try to do high amount of fun no matter what workload I have.

Then again I'm sort of an epicurean.
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that you're a hedonist rather than one who seeks to avoid pain?

also social threads do not require deeper moderation, this is basically the only "post and let it go" thread in the entire PC, so backing off is the best approach here since one-liners don't degrade the quality of a social thread either way.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm watching a walkthrough on Other M (don't have it though). It seems pretty nifty.

One of my friends said that it got terrible reviews though (which I checked, it got an 8.5 on IGN).

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Im bad at commentary as well, due to my high pitched voice and bad charisma.

I do have a "Let's Play" that a uploaded to Youtube quite some time ago. I don't feel like digging it up, though, mostly because it's so embarrassing.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that you're a hedonist rather than one who seeks to avoid pain?
Eh, I'd say I'm a little bit of both, but I stand by the evaluation of epicureanism, just because I so fully agree with the motto "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die".

also social threads do not require deeper moderation, this is basically the only "post and let it go" thread in the entire PC, so backing off is the best approach here since one-liners don't degrade the quality of a social thread either way.
Just because it's a social thread doesn't mean it's made for +1 post count.

I thought we settled this whole problem after the revolution in July.

I'm watching a walkthrough on Other M (don't have it though). It seems pretty nifty.

One of my friends said that it got terrible reviews though (which I checked, it got an 8.5 on IGN).
For a flagship Nintendo game, yeah, it's received pretty subpar ratings. The more I hear about it, the less optimistic I am.

Other M is out already?

****, it was like just yesterday when I first saw the E3 vid
Not yet. It comes out Tuesday. But yeah, it came pretty fast, albeit not without delays.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
People still play Brawl? lol.

I've dropped smash as a whole for SSFIV. Way more balanced, and in my opinion, a lot more fun. I still play melee every now and then, but man, Brawl is a joke.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, if Leafybug reads this, he was right. Quit Maplestory @ lv70 Dual Blade.

Why I quit:

- Not free (spent 70 dollars in 2 months, so not worth it imo)
- Loose yourself (by Eminem!) and never get to play other games.
- Almost quit Pokemon/Smashboards for it.

So I'm back! Unfortunately, I'm not breeding/battling until 5th gen though, mainly because the huge metagame shift will make all my work in vain (or maybe not who knows) BUT I'm Pokemoney again and I'm going to get the ultimate trainer card on SS! :D

I missed you guys, MS's community was terrible D:

M.K

Level 55
Calculus Problem:

35(x^2+y^2)^2 = 1369 (x^2+y^2)

At the point (6,1), solve for the equations of the NORMAL line and the TANGENT line.

this is excrutiating.

XACE-K

Smash Master
People still play Brawl? lol.

I've dropped smash as a whole for SSFIV. Way more balanced, and in my opinion, a lot more fun. I still play melee every now and then, but man, Brawl is a joke.
Try B+, B-, P:M. I got bored of B+ after a while but I still play B-. It's so much more fun than vBrawl and B+ put together. Especially Ganondorf. He's like a monster truck in it.

Also, I gave up my Nuzlocke challenge in Diamond after beating the first gym. So instead I'm doing a playthrough of Diamond as Dawn and with all 3 starters. I'll probably do the same thing in FR and Ruby before B/W come out.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I happen to like Brawl just as much as the other Super Smash Bros. >_>
Brawl's good if you have a bunch of friends over who don't play competitively but overall, B- is better than Brawl IMO. It's more fun with and without items to me.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm still bitter at how Samus was nerfed. Same with Captain Falcon.

I'm also ****ing bitter at how Meta Knight, King D3, and Kirby are actually USEFUL. Bitter johns are bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom