• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I played Hive on day 2 of Genesis and she nearly beat me. If you read this Hive, GG.

Also, I used Samus in a low tier tournament in San Diego the week before and failed horribly. Or Edrees' Yoshi is a beast. Or both, which is likely the case.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
LOL yeah dude, Serris is trying to set up the Hype for SNES. I'd go but I actually have things on my plate. I need to secure jobs and spend time with my gf, brawls kind of on the Back burner right now.

Looking for online friendlies anytime though just hit me up with a PM or VM, I kinda play for fun right now, might go back into tourniment stuffz later on

_Pope_

Smash Cadet
Hey all, is anyone here planning to attend the No Maps! tourney in Princeton on August 8th? I am only a short ride away and have cleared my schedule, so I will be attending. I know for sure who i'll be playing with in low tiers, and it would be cool to see some other Samus's as well.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Huh, I wish I was rich enough to help you out Serris, I am so poor though :(
mother charges me rent I have a **** *** job that pays crap, Barely afford rent and food.

Jasona

Smash Ace
i'm back
my fingers got twitchy, undr found a large gathering of other local smashers and i've missed the ridiculous speed of this game
went 8-10 with undr today. i still got it. samus is a beast! undr didn't record any vids though. next time
i hope someone found some new techs while i was gone. see you guys around

Jasona

Smash Ace
i'll get this place back on track. i think i can just download my combo vid footage from youtube and pick up where i left off. you guys just need some hope

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
lol you guys talk as if we all forgot how to play samus or can't play her anymore.

it's summer, too. not everyone is indoors playing brawl. also, genesis hype for melee got me playing a lot of that recently so that can add to it as well.

it's weird because now that i see you guys posting again, it makes me realize a lot of the OGs have left, and not a lot of newcomers are proving themselves here..

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol

Most ones from your time n00b are faar gone. TAC MAY come back though, I hope, pretty sure he still lurkss.

anyways, sadly, I'm an old timer here, I've lasted pretty long, long enough to only see 5-6 other guys here a lot. the new guys need to stay with her and still post here or they won't count. it's how it iss

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
n00b's sig still makes me lol as much as it did the first time I saw it.

<3 you guys

And for the record, I still somewhat keep in contact with TAC. I saw him in a livestream for HERB yesterday, and he sends me ossimsauce replays every now and then. As for the new people, it doesn't help that people discourage them from using Smaus :ohwell:

Good news is that it can only get better from here, right? :D

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Holy gigas! Xyro's being nice now :\
it's kinda sweet. Serris you ain't useless and never will be. Too bad Dryn stopped posting :(
this is the samus chat, he has every right to post here even though he's without a wii.

KhaosTy

Smash Rookie
Tyler was here. He will also be referring to himself in the third person from now on.

He is also busy playing Oblivion, crying over his GF, and swimming.

*sniff* oh Azzy...

Anyway, Windtitan says hi and also asks why the XatChat has been very inactive as of late.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Xyro? Flattering me?

Sound the alarms.

Anyway, I've been feeling better, as of late. My friend Matt will be staying with me for two weeks starting tomorrow, and he plays Smash competitively as well, so you can expect to see a lot of offline Samus VS. Marth videos up soon. I'll also try and get more active on the Samus social chatroom.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
There was no point in making a thread for this, so here, people.

How to be a Samus Main

1. Samus is the only character worthy of playing.

2. When you lose to someone, it's because you're playing a low-tier character. Be sure to tell that person this so next time, they'll shut up instead of brag. Who brags about beating a low-tier anyway?

3. You were sent on a mission by the Galactic Federation. Be sure to pick up your prize money when you return.

4. If you win, it's because your opponent either doesn't know the match-up against Samus, or he or she sucks. Brag to all your friends about how you beat your opponent with a low-tier. You get bonus points if it was a top- or high-tier.

5. Meta Knight is gay, and everyone who plays him is gay. Every Samus main needs to infiltrate SWF and AiB to drive out Meta Knight.

6. Everytime someone says "Always the Samus mains," tell that person, "Don't you mean, 'Always the Pit mains'?"

7. In a Samus ditto, it does matter who wins, because in every Samus ditto, you are the real Samus, and the other Samus' are Dark Samus or SA-X. The weight of the galaxy is on your bulky shoulders, so be sure to beat them!

8. Listen to what Tudor says, watch what Xyro77 does, and go into rage mode like Rohins.

9. The more you realize Samus is bad***, the more bad*** you'll realize Samus is.

10. Wi-Fi proves nothing.

11. Tell your opponent who you've beaten prior to brawling with him or her, that way, your opponent will become fearful of you.

12. Learn the Chozo language.

13. Samus is the best. Everyone else sucks.

14. Use your X-Ray Visor to see what number 13 says.

15. The color of your powered armorsuit doesn't matter. Samus isn't picky about the color of her armor, just as long it adds more defense and gives her suit unique abilities.

16. Samus is top-tier. People just don't realize it yet.

17. Every Samus main needs to write in their Log Book on why they main Samus. If you dream about Samus, you're a lucky guy. Tell us about your dream.

18. Samus Aran is the most beautiful and important girl in your life.

19. Running off and z-airing and using Homing Missiles isn't camping. It's spacing.

20. Work for yourself and help no other Samus main, unless it's to drive out Meta Knight.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There was no point in making a thread for this, so here, people.

How to be a Samus Main

1. Samus is the only character worthy of playing.

2. When you lose to someone, it's because you're playing a low-tier character. Be sure to tell that person this so next time, they'll shut up instead of brag. Who brags about beating a low-tier anyway?

3. You were sent on a mission by the Galactic Federation. Be sure to pick up your prize money when you return.

4. If you win, it's because your opponent either doesn't know the match-up against Samus, or he or she sucks. Brag to all your friends about how you beat your opponent with a low-tier. You get bonus points if it was a top- or high-tier.

5. Meta Knight is gay, and everyone who plays him is gay. Every Samus main needs to infiltrate SWF and AiB to drive out Meta Knight.

6. Everytime someone says "Always the Samus mains," tell that person, "Don't you mean, 'Always the Pit mains'?"

7. In a Samus ditto, it does matter who wins, because in every Samus ditto, you are the real Samus, and the other Samus' are Dark Samus or SA-X. The weight of the galaxy is on your bulky shoulders, so be sure to beat them!

8. Listen to what Tudor says, watch what Xyro77 does, and go into rage mode like Rohins.

9. The more you realize Samus is bad***, the more bad*** you'll realize Samus is.

10. Wi-Fi proves nothing.

11. Tell your opponent who you've beaten prior to brawling with him or her, that way, your opponent will become fearful of you.

12. Learn the Chozo language.

13. Samus is the best. Everyone else sucks.

14. Use your X-Ray Visor to see what number 13 says.

15. The color of your powered armorsuit doesn't matter. Samus isn't picky about the color of her armor, just as long it adds more defense and gives her suit unique abilities.

16. Samus is top-tier. People just don't realize it yet.

17. Every Samus main needs to write in their Log Book on why they main Samus. If you dream about Samus, you're a lucky guy. Tell us about your dream.

18. Samus Aran is the most beautiful and important girl in your life.

19. Running off and z-airing and using Homing Missiles isn't camping. It's spacing.

20. Work for yourself and help no other Samus main, unless it's to drive out Meta Knight.

Jasona

Smash Ace
-when i lose with samus, it is my fault and not hers. samus is too good. i am not worthy

maybe i'll come by here and post something daily. something useful and relevant, plus something about the samus community. seriously, i've never paid attention to you guys

-cherry... bwahahaha, not sure why, but calling yourself cherry is awesome in a funny way. now we just need a bloodberry and a lime. that would probably lead me to relapse back into watching anime

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Cherry's name and the fact he mains Samus makes me think of a Cherry Bomb. He should get a Morph Ball upgrade to get Cherry Bombs with the power of Bob-ombs. That would be awesome to see.

Wolf Player: "Dude, your morph bombs su--" *BOOM*

Announcer: "GAME!"

_Pope_

Smash Cadet
^ Awesome. And I mean both posts above.

I would say #20 is only half right.

Edit - i meant the last two posts on the last pg, forgot to refresh before looking in :)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah I've noticed Xyro becoming increasingly nicer as of late.

Heh, I only use pink Samus because of my name lol Sick custom title that would be though! Cherry bomb!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm pretty sure samus boards has one of the highest pro-ban communities lol :p
Well, Samus has the tools to deal with Meta Knight. Her f-tilt has some pretty long reach. It's good at swatting him away when he moves to approach. Her bombs also stop the tornado and other moves of his dead in their tracks. It's just that no one's found a way to use them in tandem effectively enough to stave him off decently, and probably won't because everyone's using him instead of considering building up lower-tier characters in hopes of beating him.

That's why I'm pro-ban. We need more characters being played besides Meta Knight and his "counters." If you take him out of the equation, the tier list would be radically altered. Everyone's using characters that are decent against Meta Knight, not characters that are decent against characters that are decent against Meta Knight. (Tongue twister, durr-hurr.) When people stop picking characters based on their ability to fight Meta Knight, the metagame will move forward.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well, Samus has the tools to deal with Meta Knight. Her f-tilt has some pretty long reach. It's good at swatting him away when he moves to approach. Her bombs also stop the tornado and other moves of his dead in their tracks. It's just that no one's found a way to use them in tandem effectively enough to stave him off decently, and probably won't because everyone's using him instead of considering building up lower-tier characters in hopes of beating him.

That's why I'm pro-ban. We need more characters being played besides Meta Knight and his "counters." If you take him out of the equation, the tier list would be radically altered. Everyone's using characters that are decent against Meta Knight, not characters that are decent against characters that are decent against Meta Knight. (Tongue twister, durr-hurr.) When people stop picking characters based on their ability to fight Meta Knight, the metagame will move forward.
while i agree with the bottom half of your post i disagree with the top.

BOMBS are worthless(maybe one day we can find something promising)
F-tilts on a metas shield=instant punishment.

but for the record, the bottom half of your post has been brought up in the meta ban discussion ALOT. WE NEED VARIETY!

Top Bottom