• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I have no problems switching between the two.
I owned Brawl since it was released in North America. The thing is, it's been so long since I have played Brawl, and during that time I have been playing Melee. The transition is difficult because:

• I cannot turn off Tap Jump in Melee, but I rely on that in Brawl.
  • I am used to air-dodging once, not multiple times.
  • In Melee, Samus fights close up. In Brawl she doesn't. I am fighting close up.

That's a real shame. Well if you get any footage, be sure to get it up on the archives. It's always nice to see some different names playing good ole' trash can Samus.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The resident hermit returns. Referring to myself, before any of you take offense to it.

I'm having a party at my house with 20 or so people on Friday. We'll probably be playing Brawl after we're done with the volley ball and badminton. Time to dust off whatever semblance of skill I had.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The resident hermit returns. Referring to myself, before any of you take offense to it.

I'm having a party at my house with 20 or so people on Friday. We'll probably be playing Brawl after we're done with the volley ball and badminton. Time to dust off whatever semblance of skill I had.
Cool. Have fun!

I'm getting my b-airs and d-airs on! ;)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
The old Crew. I lent my xbox to my buddy because he fractured something in his back, so Guess I'm back to Brawl. Honestly though, I'm pretty excited :p

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha Drynni Beans, how nice of you to come out of your shell and post and shtuff!

almsot makes me....wanna break out in song??

Let the good times roll, good times roll

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I do what I can :)
I'll actually be playing smash a bit more now, or at least trying to. I'm looking to move to Victoria BC so I will be getting a second job to save up enough money to live off of in vic to find a job and place
to live.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
strange, my sammy seems to have....evolved...somehow

probably due to that phazon man

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
>Implying using Up B OoS when it's not safe/on a stage not named BF.
>Implying Fox is invincible during his recovery.
Respect your Elders. Yo only 16 years old!

Meh, it's getting him offstage that fails. although thankfully there aren't too many good fox's out there, he's a really under repped character that's for sure

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
17bish
Fox is the only other character I've consistently played offline only/seriously. I've played R.O.B. for friendlies, and I'm gonna start being a Bowser main, but so far I only go Samus for singles and Samus/Fox for doubles. I guess I know both sides of the MU, thus giving me an easier time. Fox is hella repped/overrated, just not in tourneys/for srs. I used to think just like you Cherry, until somebody showed me the error of my ways/thoughts.

Yeah he get's down really quick, but like IsmaR said, we can always find places to use it, and tbh, at higher percentages, the knockback from the final hit of UpB (provided the fox didn't SDI it properly) is enough to send him far away to the point where you can't be punished.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
17bish
Fox is the only other character I've consistently played offline only/seriously. I've played R.O.B. for friendlies, and I'm gonna start being a Bowser main, but so far I only go Samus for singles and Samus/Fox for doubles. I guess I know both sides of the MU, thus giving me an easier time. Fox is hella repped/overrated, just not in tourneys/for srs. I used to think just like you Cherry, until somebody showed me the error of my ways/thoughts.
Good to have you back kid ;)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
honestly, you just have to stay GROUNDED to do better vs fox, stop jumping around and you'll probably do better lol

Fox's dair has extra stun if you are hit into the ground from the air by it... and yeah his ground speed just screws up our shorthop antics

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
honestly, you just have to stay GROUNDED to do better vs fox, stop jumping around and you'll probably do better lol

Fox's dair has extra stun if you are hit into the ground from the air by it... and yeah his ground speed just screws up our shorthop antics
Correctimundo, That's how I see the match-up as well. stay grounded, because you'll get kicked otherwise, Literally

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer

This was my problem, I just didn't figure it out until it was too late.

Does falling nair/uair beat "Runinandusmash"?

Top Bottom