• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Im gonna start using samus in tournament maybe =]

I just picked her up ;like 2 days ago as a joke on wifi, and we like mesh really well, i love like getting inside the opponents head, and i beat the #4 on ladder with samus and made him drop to #5 >:D
Running the clock is great =D

Xyro and jawz should help me be pro samuz

I just picked her up ;like 2 days ago as a joke on wifi, and we like mesh really well, i love like getting inside the opponents head, and i beat the #4 on ladder with samus and made him drop to #5 >:D

The smash love, it's there.

I'd be more then happy to assist you, im sure others would aswell, you know where to findz me :3.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman

ANOTHER ONE!

her popularity is increasing further.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
4:15 of that video told me all i need to know about the kid................hes is from a HORRIBLE area and CLEARLY plays horrible people.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Xyro; it's a combo video; honestly, you can't ever judge someone's skill from Brawl combo vids

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I wish they'd stop naming them "combo videos" and name them something like "highlight videos" or "compilation videos." That's really what they are for brawl.

I saw a mario combo video once that was all spikes.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
seriously tho that disdroid guy copies everything ive done but is way riskier >:O

Disdroid guy = LethalTrilogy, iirc, the clan he's in resides in Hawaii.

@DJ, I like the fact they are calling them combo videos. In melee, some combo videos didn't even contain combos, but were just full of some random falcon dairing a person who's teching the ledge repeatedly (This same clip was featured in three different combo videos by the one guy <.<).

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Oh no, you're right. I wasn't tying to come off as that melee guy; Most Melee combo videos are the same combo (or same situation) 400 times too. :p
I like that brawl combo videos tend to at least have more variation/situations than melee combo videos. It's just a weird name.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. As you can all see, I am not as active as I used to be. I'll try to be more active, though. It's just that having not played Brawl in forever, you really begin to stop caring about the game. I guess that could be said about any game. After all, I don't have a Wii here. All I have here are two X-Box 360s, a GameCube, and two PS2s. I use the GameCube every now and then to play Metroid and Metroid 2: Return of Samus, as well as Soul Calibur 2 or Super Smash Bros. Melee. On the 360s, me and my friends play Tekken 6, BlazBlue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4. Yeah.

I miss home. And, whenever I get to return home, I don't know if I'll ever be playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I kind of have given up on it. I've never been to a tournament. At least here, I can play some other people who actually sit down with these fighting games. Some people are just stupid, though. They think they're so great because they win by button-mashing. I came across this one person last Thursday when I went to the arcades, and he was playing Tekken 6. I played a few matches with him and it was all good. I just wish there were more skilled players like him.

Xyro77

Hey, guys. As you can all see, I am not as active as I used to be. I'll try to be more active, though. It's just that having not played Brawl in forever, you really begin to stop caring about the game. I guess that could be said about any game. After all, I don't have a Wii here. All I have here are two X-Box 360s, a GameCube, and two PS2s. I use the GameCube every now and then to play Metroid and Metroid 2: Return of Samus, as well as Soul Calibur 2 or Super Smash Bros. Melee. On the 360s, me and my friends play Tekken 6, BlazBlue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4. Yeah.

I miss home. And, whenever I get to return home, I don't know if I'll ever be playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I kind of have given up on it. I've never been to a tournament. At least here, I can play some other people who actually sit down with these fighting games. Some people are just stupid, though. They think they're so great because they win by button-mashing. I came across this one person last Thursday when I went to the arcades, and he was playing Tekken 6. I played a few matches with him and it was all good. I just wish there were more skilled players like him.
pass over mid ship plz or come back cause im missin you

Xyro77

No. if you have been keeping up with whats been going with MLG and its ruleset then you will not support such a HORRIBLE event.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Actually, TBH, this is exactly what I wanted to see from MLG. It's what I've been talking about for a long time, ever since our MK arguments. I'm glad MLG has the balls to do it, unless the rest of the community who just whines and complains.

They've got a proper stage selection list with a decent stage striking system, each player gets one ban, and there's a good LGL limit to prevent planking.

What more could you ask?

EDIT: For those who do not know, this is their stage list selection:
Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Timer: 8 minutes
LGL: 45 for Norfair, 35 for every other stage

Higher seeded player strikes 3 stages, then Lower seed strikes 4, then higher seed picks among the last 2 starter stages for the first match. Does that not sound strategic and fair to you?

Each player gets one ban after the first match.

Counterpick stages are iffy, but I've never been one to complain. If you, the player, were beat by the stage and not by the player, that's ****ing hilarious and your own **** fault for not knowing how to play on that stage.

Also care to note that Jungle Japes and Pirate Ship are not in this. See, they've thought about this thoroughly! Hazards on Pictochat are still avoidable (by Hazards, I refer to the spawns that actually 'cause damage) and is no worse than the ever moving stage that is Rainbow Cruise (that almost immediately calls for use of MK for most players.) Green Greens does have that glitch, but it's extremely difficult to perform mid-match intentionally. Other than that, the list is straight.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Nine starters is the best thing about that ruleset and should be the same everywhere forever.

It's weird that Green Greens is in over Jungle Japes though.
Also no wiimote/nunchuck, while understandable, is a crummy rule.

Xyro77

The new ruleset favors metaknight and snake more than any other ruleset in this games history. ICs are pretty much screwed because the higher seed player gets to strike 3 stages IN A ROW so if they wanted to they could strike the 3 good stages that ICs like and the ICs are left with trash stages.

Halbert as a NEUTRAL? Snake and DDD and mk **** there so im FORCED to strike it. Why should i waste a strike on a stage that shouldnt be there in the first place?

Now mk has brinstar/rainbow/Norfair and u only get ONE ban. Snake and ddd get green greens......are u serious?

Since there is no scrooging rule, mk gets to scrooge on green greens.........

WORST RULESET ever and i will not support MLG ever.

Xyro77

^^ In short: you're mad because Snake and MK are good characters on nearly all stages.

Okay.
Incorrect(like normal), i dislike this ruleset because it FAVORS mk/snake MORE than usual.

NORMAL events have neutrals like BF/SV that favor snake/mk. MLG has those AND halberd/Delphino. Not to mention the new strike system favors them even more. What if that said snake/mk player is the higher seed? He gets to strike 3 stages IN A ROW. This mean he can strike 3 stages that ARE NOT bf/sv/halbert/delphino. AKA the stage selection shrank to "OMG lots of good snake/mk stages"

Then we go to counter picks. Do i really need to get started on those? Or are you REALLY that blind?

Let me help you out, you have to BAN a stage before you play your first match of the set. You also have to decide which stage will snake go to....Halberd or Green greens. Ban one and he goes to the other and u lose. You also have to decide which stage mk will go to....Rainbow or brinstar or NORFAIR. Ban one and you gets to choose between 2 others.

**** MLG

EDITL to be honest, im not mad. Ive pretty much given up on reg singles and focus on LT. Its much more fair and SKILL ends up winning in that event.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Every stage is going to end up favoring the better character. Whether it's 3 neutrals, 5, or 9. At least this way, we have stage viability.

Furthermore, SV, BF and FD still favor characters over others. Overall, they can be labeled as neutral, but individually they are far from it. Smashville is the perfect place to time out ICs with the majority of the cast. Take a camper to FD (outside of Falco) and you can demolish them because of brawl's shield mechanics. BF just favors anyone with great aerial mobility.

Also, what's the difference between what used to be MK choosing between RC/Brinstar and RC/Brinstar/Norfair? One stage? Hell, for that matter I'd rather take a MK to Norfair than the other two anyway. I'm pretty sure the MK would think the same. I fail to see the point.

Green greens is the same. Pretty sure any Samus player would prefer this stage against MK than RC or Brinstar. Let's face it, MK is great on all stages. That's pretty clear. However, having more viable stages means more advantages for other characters as well. In particular, Green greens for Samus. Or even Pictochat for Samus. I highly doubt a MK would want to fight there. Or, to be put in a different way, even though MK is good on all stages, it doesn't mean MK would want to take any character to any stage. I say this because if MK is naturally a better character, why would they want to take you to a stage with more variables? They want to dominate you on fair ground. Not take you to some hazardous stage like Halberd or Brinstar. Make sense?

If you haven't gotten the picture, more stages=more opportunities=a more diverse, competitive, and dare I say it, fun game.

MLG is taking a step towards the right direction towards making Brawl more competitive. Least IMO.

Also, LT doesn't necessarily mean more skill. It means you have skill in a LT character. It doesn't hold as much weight as consistently placing high in regular singles.

Xyro77

Every stage is going to end up favoring the better character. Whether it's 3 neutrals, 5, or 9. At least this way, we have stage viability.
Old rules snake had the advantage. New rules(delfinio/Halberd as a neutral), snake has EVEN MORE of an advantage. if you were to add New Pork city(for example) it would not make snake better it would make SAMUS better. So that means your little dream of "every stage will favor the better character" is complete BS.

Furthermore, SV, BF and FD still favor characters over others. Overall, they can be labeled as neutral, but individually they are far from it. Smashville is the perfect place to time out ICs with the majority of the cast. Take a camper to FD (outside of Falco) and you can demolish them because of brawl's shield mechanics. BF just favors anyone with great aerial mobility.
They favor certain chars, i agree. But as you said, other than falco+fd it isnt and OBSCENE advantage. Halberd+snake=obscene. Delfino+snake or meta=obscene.

Also, what's the difference between what used to be MK choosing between RC/Brinstar and RC/Brinstar/Norfair? One stage? Hell, for that matter I'd rather take a MK to Norfair than the other two anyway. I'm pretty sure the MK would think the same. I fail to see the point.
You really fail to see the point?

mk vs Samus with RC and brinstar legal.

RC is nearly an instant lose for samus vs a mk so im going to ban that and HOPE i can beat him on brinstar because the stage favors metaknight but at least its not an OBSCENE advantage.

mk vs samus with RC/brinstar/norfair legal.

Of the 3, brinstar is the least dangerous for samus so i wont ban that. Norfair is just as bad as RC or maybe even worse. So i must ban one and it really doesnt matter because BOTH are obscene in mk favor.

So mlg just gave meta and pretty much guaranteed win by adding ONE stage. YES its that simple.

Green greens is the same. Pretty sure any Samus player would prefer this stage against MK than RC or Brinstar. Let's face it, MK is great on all stages. That's pretty clear. However, having more viable stages means more advantages for other characters as well. In particular, Green greens for Samus. Or even Pictochat for Samus. I highly doubt a MK would want to fight there. Or, to be put in a different way, even though MK is good on all stages, it doesn't mean MK would want to take any character to any stage. I say this because if MK is naturally a better character, why would they want to take you to a stage with more variables? They want to dominate you on fair ground. Not take you to some hazardous stage like Halberd or Brinstar. Make sense?
I am really starting to question your skill as a samus player. Maybe you dont play good metaknights at all or maybe you dont play on green greens at all. MOST mk players will do what it takes(thats legal of course) to win a match. if it means going to green greens so they can UP+B through the bombs and not get hurt while u explode......they will do it. Did you know u will die a HELL of alot earlier than normal on green greens if a mk grabs you under a platform and UP throws you(try it out)? Did you know mk can scrooge on green greens without wasting a SINGLE ledge grab?

Did you know that snake can now kill you off the right/left/top earlier than he could on HALBERD if he picks Green greens(try it out)? Wether its jab/tilts/usmash/nades or backthrows, he will kill you MUCH earlier. So im forced to BAN that stage and get stuck with him going to delfino or Halberd.

The moral of the story is, why should we strike/ban stages that should not be there in the first place? With this new MLG ruleset, its SPEEDING up the normal process a fighting game goes through. You know, the one where IN THE END only 4-5 characters are viable.

If you haven't gotten the picture, more stages=more opportunities=a more diverse, competitive, and dare I say it, fun game.
Thats an opinion.

There is a difference between having 5 neutrals(old rules) and 9 neutrals(mlg). if they added 1 or 2....it might have been ok but they added 4 and of those 4 2 favor mk/snake in a BIG WAY.

MLG is taking a step towards the right direction towards making Brawl more competitive. Least IMO.
Yea in YOUR opinion.

Also, LT doesn't necessarily mean more skill. It means you have skill in a LT character. It doesn't hold as much weight as consistently placing high in regular singles.
Instead of assuming what i meant, how about you ask for me to clarify? I believe LT is MUCH more fair because as the tier list is NOW, every single character in LT can be CPed by stage AND character. Got a prob with ike? Go jiggs. Got a prob with jiggs? Go samus. Got a prob with Samus? Go mario. Got a prob with mario? Go lucas. And the list goes on. In normal bracket there is MK who has NO counter wether its by stage or by character.

I do agree that LT wins do not equal regular bracket wins.

Xyro77

doesn't Matter, And Arguing Online Is Pointless.
Thats What I Thought Ya Wimp! Obey Me And Go Make Me A Chocolate Milk Shake!!!!

BTW

I am using my HOBO twitter to post updates about this event im going to tomorrow called PHASE 7. If any of you are bored and wanna see how well i do, PLEASE "follow" my twitter or at least sign up for the text updates if you know you will be away from the computer.

http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

Top Bottom