• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yeah I wanted to enter /something/. Since it was my first and I really don't like (v)brawl all too much... sorry I didn't rep Samus there ;P

There were quite a few names I recognized there haha. pretty intimidating D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdCr77vfoaE
Uhh one combo video by one "Quiksilver"

I think 2:05 looks pretty useful and practical.

3:02 was amazing haha

Crystanium

Smash Hero
"Remember me?" (Anthony Higgs)

So, anyway, I heard that the old school drop five Bombs by charging up your Charge Beam and then using your Morph Ball is back. Ah, the good old days of Super Metroid style.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
looking forward to the new metroid game. umm...havent really seen much refinement as far as visuals go but the camera switching between scroller/fps will be interesting

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
why? MP3 was all wii mote and they did a great job with the controls

the trilogy set was all wii mote iirc

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
you know i feel like my life has never amounted to anything...

i need to do something important to the world in my life time.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
the US government seems to be doing plenty of that already

and with tax dollars! $$$

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Anybody see the tier list yet? Samus is still 33rd with no movement up or down. :/
Bottom three characters are all from Legend of Zelda though :laugh: LoZ tier FTW!!!!

Falcon higher-tiered than samus ftw
This actually made me a little sick.

Apart from MK tier and top tier, they got practically everything wrong imo. Zelda dropped 9 places...... mhm. I think I'll wait for the next one

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Can't really complain. We didn't go down despite not really doing crap, and I actually agree that Falcon is slightly better than her. I disagreed more with high tier than low in general. lulz@TriforceTier

bleyva

Smash Ace
Falcon got ranked higher than Samus?

wait what? Madness?
i feel theres just kind of a realization that falcon was sorely underrated as a result of people just plain not knowing how to play him correctly in brawls infancy, and apparently his recent tournament results are starting to reflect that.

on the other hand, it looks like samus hasnt been doing much in terms of tourney results, not to mention ive heard several people on these boards hinting at the idea that samus's metagame has maxed out as of late. it doesnt seem like things are looking so hot for her, as opposed to falcon.

this is merely speculation on my part, nothing more.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Ally had a large influence on Falcon's rise IMO. Let's get him to play Samus now ;)

Seriously though, I do not think that you can say Saums' metagame has maxed out just yet. After all she's not a bland character whose potential can be seen by just looking at their moveset (coughG&Wcough).

bleyva

Smash Ace
Seriously though, I do not think that you can say Samus' metagame has maxed out just yet. After all she's not a bland character whose potential can be seen by just looking at their moveset (coughG&Wcough).
your right, theres HUGE potential in shooting a missile and then sitting on the ledge until time runs out :laugh: jk

idk, you may very well be right, it just seems like the samus community isnt nearly as active as others in advancing their respective character (save for a few dedicated posters), and i just wonder if that really is just a lack of popularity, under-representation or what.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I wish I could do better with Samus.
She's my favorite low tier.

There's a Samus/MK main in my state of Australia who places within the top 5 consistently. lol.
He started maining Samus when I told him that Samus IS TRASH(subtle xyro reference).

Last time I used her in tournament was in America during a low tier event in San Diego.

Edreese owned me with Yoshi :(

Theres a trend going on here...

Noid gets beaten by polter (Yoshi) and you get beaten by Edresse....

This is supposed to be a 65-35 MU people D:

Oh also I really like Samus's voice for Other M, I personally think it suits her, clearly others on YT disagree xD

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yeah IDK why you guys think Yoshi is bad... he's just kinda different from other characters. Overall he's not that easy to gimp, has a ridonkulous projectile, and can still rack up damage and kill with not-horribly-slow moves. Also he has chaingrabs on some chars- that should make him auto high tier at least -_-.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The Yoshi match-up is just weird at first. My first MM was against a Yoshi, I lost. But right after we got done, we had to play for the tourney, I won. The price for cred is $5 apparently.

@KJ - Totally agreed.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I wish I could do better with Samus.
She's my favorite low tier.

There's a Samus/MK main in my state of Australia who places within the top 5 consistently. lol.
He started maining Samus when I told him that Samus IS TRASH(subtle xyro reference).

Last time I used her in tournament was in America during a low tier event in San Diego.

Edreese owned me with Yoshi :(
If you are serious about samus i can teach you.

Theres a trend going on here...

Noid gets beaten by polter (Yoshi) and you get beaten by Edresse....

This is supposed to be a 65-35 MU people D:

Oh also I really like Samus's voice for Other M, I personally think it suits her, clearly others on YT disagree xD

I have beat every yoshi i have EVER come across(3 stocked EC's best yoshi). The only one im tied with is YOSH from arkansas. Yoshi is complete trash vs samus. No-idea/Rhyme saw me man handle thier EC yoshi. Its not hard at all.

As for falcon, his jab to grab is guaranteed untill like 200% and since his jab is one of the best in the game its really dangerous. ALL of his smashes KO(d-smash punishes rolls). He can GR certain low tier in to a u-air. His bair KOs and his KNEE gets EARLY KOs. Falcon is not THAT bad. I wouldnt say she is BETTER than samus but certain people out there (lee martin/Ally/RoyR) make falcon look SO much better than he is.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yes Falcon is not so bad. However he has a limited recovery (not terrible, but it's still somewhat limited, although it does have good distance) and in general he doesn't have that many good approaches.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yes Falcon is not so bad. However he has a limited recovery (not terrible, but it's still somewhat limited, although it does have good distance) and in general he doesn't have that many good approaches.
I have learned that approaching is bad. In fact this game PUNISHES it.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
To be fair... our EC Yoshi is not even close or comparable to Florida's Yoshi.

No johns, but gotta give props to higher level low tier mains.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I have learned that approaching is bad. In fact this game PUNISHES it.
While this is true, the game (Smash) still rewards the player with the successful approach.

Even if the approach is the shorthop airdodge, or a shield, if your approach gets you damage, and beats their defense, that is a successful approach.

I agree, Brawl is stupid and makes approaching get stuffed 90% of the time or more... But some characters have better options than others (Tornado.................., Zair isn't too bad, Lasers, etc)

Walking is also a good approach for many characters, but it just doesn't benefit CF as much because he doesn't have an insta move he can really do out of walking besides like jab lol

(insta meaning around the speed of Samus's ftilt to Snake's ftilt)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
My melee disc does not like Yoshi's Story. But it loaded Battlefield and Fountain of Dreams for me the other day, so yay :D

Top Bottom