• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yeah mr9, that'd be cool, except I don't really go out to play smash xD

Though I'm pretty good for a non-tourney goer imo, it doesn't help me out at all basically.

Phase 6 looks somewhat promising as a start, but I dunno if I will ever go to a smash tourney till I go to college or something (no, I'm not in college yet)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO 22 was this past weekend and i finally brought out my rob.

I got 13th in singles. Which i would have done better had i went samus.
I got 4th in teams. Down right amazing. I have never got that far with samus in regular teams.

So maybe i should only use rob in teams and just use samus in singles.

I got 4th in teams. Down right amazing. I have never got that far with samus in regular teams.

Well congrats on your placement with R.O.B. Stick with Samus on singles definatly <3

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I end at 4:15

Samus in singles works better in practice than in theory, usually.

At least in my theory.

Wait a minute, my theory is the practicality theory.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman

Hey queef why don't you stay loyal to your main next time? (says the one who also used ROB last tourney)

Xyro77

Hey queef why don't you stay loyal to your main next time? (says the one who also used ROB last tourney)
Cause going samus solo in regular singles is a guaranteed loss. In a large event with many good players, you will be lucky(easy bracket) to reach top 10. With rob i instantly do better in reg teams. In reg singles i did horrible because i forfieted my 2nd match due to issues with my GF.

Overall, rob makes me do INSTANTLY better.

thats because olimar= a better version of rob, while rob = better version of samus
Someone likes their post count....

Anyway, any of you guys play Samus in melee/64? I played a bit of her in 64 but that's all really x.x

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I don't come across people who know how to use Samus irl

Dash attack -> turn fsmash is how one guy played haha

Anyways I played against some computers today trying to work in those instaedge zairs.

And I dunno but eh, Samus is sooo badddd

I need to spend more time on the ground.

Also I need to use dash attack up b more

ALSO I cannot jab lock worth my life even in training mode

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
ALSO I cannot jab lock worth my life even in training mode
If you are having trouble walking while jabbing, try using the C-stick. If you have it set to tilts, tilt it away from where you are moving, and if you have it set to smashes, tilt it diagonally. The smash way is a little more tricky, but after you get used to the positioning it isn't so bad.

If you are just having trouble with timing when to jab so that you don't hit during their invincibility, or how to setup jab locks.... there are a few videos that you can examine closely on this site I believe....

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
It's weird though because if the jab hits really close to Samus then they get sent so far away. I can't get the second jab (fast enough, speed is probably a large part of the issue).

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Ah, then the C stick really would help. You actually almost go too far using it while walking, so you have to slow your walk a little bit. But other than that, yeah, use it.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
O,O,D,A,O,O,D,A,O,O,D,A,O,O,D,A,O,O,D,A,O,O,D,A,Observe,Orient,Decide,Act.

The OODA Loop.

This was made by a military strategist. I've been playing Tekken 6 lately, and in this game you have combos. You can juggle. There is a wide variety of attacks you can perform. If I return home tomorrow, I'll likely buy Tekken 6 for my PS3. Anyway, I came across the OODA loop. Observe. See if you can use this for Brawl.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I follow the "macro/micro" rules of gaming I think.

You can't effectively macro in Brawl unless you're Snake or sometimes Diddy.

You CAN develop your zones and that is macro but really, most of Brawl is on the micro.

So has anybody played any of the Mario & Luigi RPGs? I've played Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story both of them have the best final boss music I have EVER heard and the gameplay is just awesome

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Micro as in micromanagement? As in RTS? I've played CnC RA2 and 3 and I can't see how you can micromanage 1 unit. But then again, I suck at RTS even if I play them all the time haha.

I've played Super Mario RPG for the SNES. It was so much better than I thought. Cause when you think of it, Mario Bros + RPG? It actually works.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Micro as in micromanagement? As in RTS? I've played CnC RA2 and 3 and I can't see how you can micromanage 1 unit. But then again, I suck at RTS even if I play them all the time haha.

I've played Super Mario RPG for the SNES. It was so much better than I thought. Cause when you think of it, Mario Bros + RPG? It actually works.
Red Alert has very little microing.

Stuff like StarCraft you have to be in control and know the specifics of every unit when they're battling or you will be destroyed by teh pros

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmmm is that Xyro that might be also attending phase 6?

:D
What the **** i cant go to this Phase month and both you and Xyro are going this is hella gay...

sigh...

i went to Dallas Phats today and played a few people and one guy told me that i was better than Xyro...

this is interesting.

Xyro77

What the **** i cant go to this Phase month and both you and Xyro are going this is hella gay...

sigh...

i went to Dallas Phats today and played a few people and one guy told me that i was better than Xyro...

this is interesting.
im not going to phase

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Alright so that didn't go that great for me

I was very intimidated by the brawl players there (Dojo, gnes, razer, and more) so I decided to enter Melee singles and not brawl singles. Also I like melee better, and there were a TON of brawl entrants so I was like lolmelee, let's get 2-0'd twice. My friends there didn't want to enter so I didn't want them to have to wait long ;(

I think I will try entering brawl singles next time though. Main problem is that i will end up insisting to use Samus and losing because blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom