• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I actually laughed about referring to Yoshi players by their location.

Do you think people talk about all low tiers like that (who aren't THE player of said low tier that is)?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, it honestly made me wonder.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
There are so few great mains per character out there. Certain names pop up when you think of a character.

I would think the same for high tier (in regards to Snakes, Falcos, Warios) would apply to low tiers (Links, Marios, Ness.)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
That sounds right.
It feels like there are more "that snake/mk" players with names than yoshi/samus/mario, but I think it's fair due to the learning curve (learning curve probably isn't the word I'm looking for but it's close).

um what he said was true. For many characters and certain matchups if you approach you will lose.
Yes, but it is extremely fitting for a person who plays a character that lacks of a solid approach, to be agreeing with such an opinion.

Also yeah, it follows that option of known names because obviously the better characters place well, so they are actually shown on the ranks, so they give recognition. It's all one big massive disgusting circle.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
That sounds right.
It feels like there are more "that snake/mk" players with names than yoshi/samus/mario, but I think it's fair due to the learning curve (learning curve probably isn't the word I'm looking for but it's close).
naw i would say learning curve, because when i you look at it its hard to be good with all low tier characters. samus, ganon, link when you think about it they are a lot harder to use and learn than Mk and snake.

Here is something for us to do since we're kinda dead right now x.x....
I stole it from the Bowser boards

1.) How does Samus match your play style

2.) Is Samus a good character for a tournament our is she more a fun character to play with?

3.) What is your fav move to use with Samus?

4.) Is Samus a tricky character to use to get used to or is she good for Beginner?

5.) What is your favourite Samus color to use while battling?

6.) Worst MU in your own opinon?

7.) Easiest win for Samus in your own opinon?

8.) Best Stage for Samus?

9.) Worst Stage for Samus?

10.) Ground Combos or Air Combos?

11.) Ledge camping or Off-stage Battling?

12.) In your opinon, Can Samus's bombs be an effective part in her battling strategy?

13.) If you could not use Samus who would you use? Give a reason.

14.) Do you like the Samus Community?

15.) Who is Samus's rival? Like considered a fair MU and close battle that could go either way.

16.) Did this quiz appease your boredom and it wasn't a drag to do?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord

I'm not afraid to get up close in personal, but they will have to work there way up to me first.

2.) Is Samus a good character for a tournament our is she more a fun character to play with?
I fully believe she is tourney viable, but to place first requires an extensive amount of experience, and unfortunately for some people, innate talent and wit.

F-smash. Just ending a combo with that move is fun.

4.) Is Samus a tricky character to use to get used to or is she good for Beginner?
Hardly a tricky character. She's different, and you need a different mindset, but with time she becomes easy to use. It's not difficult to switch between using Samus, and say D3, Mario, ZSS, etc. It is, however, hard to master Samus.

Dark suit.

I don't have a worst MU. I have people I would never want to play against, since their playstyle naturally counters me.

Anyone who dares to underestimate me.

Battlefield.

Castle Siege.

I tend to lead air combos to ground combos.

I will make your heart skip a beat if you dare challenge me off stage.

12.) In your opinon, Can Samus's bombs be an effective part in her battling strategy?
Off-stage recovery and on-stage retreating. If you're not one who retreats (or rather doesn't know when to), bombs shouldn't be implemented into your strategy.

Sheik. Not as fluid as Samus in the air, but makes up for it on the ground. Both characters make watching the match enjoyable with how smooth their movements can be.

Yes.

15.) Who is Samus's rival? Like considered a fair MU and close battle that could go either way.
I wouldn't consider it a fair MU, but if Samus could rise above Snake, I think we'd see more of her. I find Snake more of a threat than MK as far as tier standings go.

It was a way to procrastinate. Back to work though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
here Is Something For Us To Do Since We're Kinda Dead Right Now X.x....
I Stole It From The Bowser Boards

1.) How Does Samus Match Your Play Style

ever Since Melee, I Really Enjoyed Sitting Back And Shooting **** At People And Making Them Come At Me. In Brawl, Lol, It Has Not Changed.

2.) Is Samus A Good Character For A Tournament Our Is She More A Fun Character To Play With?

samus Is Only Good In Low Tier Events. In Regular Events She Must Have A 2ndary. I Play Her Cause She Is A Lesbian And Thats Fun For Me

3.) What Is Your Fav Move To Use With Samus?

zair To Grab

4.) Is Samus A Tricky Character To Use To Get Used To Or Is She Good For Beginner?

to Play Samus "right" She Requires A Decently Hard Learning Curve. Pretty Much Any Low Tier Does.

5.) What Is Your Favourite Samus Color To Use While Battling?

lime Green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6.) Worst Mu In Your Own Opinon?

for Me? Mk. For Samus? Ddd.

7.) Easiest Win For Samus In Your Own Opinon?

samus Ditto

8.) Best Stage For Samus?

legal Stage? Bf. Illegal Stage? Port Town.

9.) Worst Stage For Samus?

yoshi's

10.) Ground Combos Or Air Combos?

air

11.) Ledge Camping Or Off-stage Battling?

if You Want To Win. Ledge Camping.

12.) In Your Opinon, Can Samus's Bombs Be An Effective Part In Her Battling Strategy?

at The Highest Level Of Play? No. Worst Move That Samus Has.

13.) If You Could Not Use Samus Who Would You Use? Give A Reason.

rob. He Can Spam And Can Actually Use His Jab And F-tilt(unlike Samus). He Is Also A Lesbian.

14.) Do You Like The Samus Community?

yes But Its Not Active At All!

15.) Who Is Samus's Rival? Like Considered A Fair Mu And Close Battle That Could Go Either Way.

rob.

16.) Did This Quiz Appease Your Boredom And It Wasn't A Drag To Do?

i Really Liked It. In Fact I Think You Should Make A "samus Interview Thread" And Pm All Of Us Personal/game/smash Questions And Post Them In The Thread.
Bring It!!!!!!!!!!!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord

I can camp vs campers. i've got nice frame traps like zair/missile to stuff. i like "combos". there aren't any combos but samus has smooth moves

lol, friendlier
Don't really have a favorite, maybe zair
tricky char to get used to
don't care
MK
ganondorf...
battlefield
yoshi's, as xyro said
melee combos
i play wifi. i really hate going offstage with most of my characters because then i die easily
not offensively. there are a few tricks that they might be useful in... maybe two
in this brawl game... it always changes.
yeahhhhhhhh xyro needs to come up to phase tho
i agree with ROB as xyro said. ROB is a better character overall but is basically a lot like Samus
16.) Did this quiz appease your boredom and it wasn't a drag to do?derp
ten characterss

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Stop following me there dammit. >:L

Perfectly. I was a fail Spamus until near Brawl's release(same with Falcon, who I considered my worst character, then my best, now just a normal character), and I considered Mewtwo to me what Samus is to me now(closest thing to a main). Samus feels similar in floatiness, range/projectiles(lol Shadow Ball and F-throw)/nearly useless Down B, has mindgames and good recovery. I could go on, but I dislike walls of text when there's a lot to address.
For me, yeah. For everybody who plays differently besides Xyro/KJ/NOID/Rhyme, no.
Even though her D-air is my fav move in Brawl, for Samus specifically, my fav move is N-air.
Obviously not for the faint of heart, unless your only goal is to have fun and too look awesome. If you wanna be competitive, it's a long and tough journey.
Gravity Suit. In order, though, it's Gravity >> Pink/Varia = Varia/Default > Dark = Fusion >>> Xyro/Banana Suit.
For me, Wolf(cba with a good Wolf), Pit as a close 2nd(I do better vs him at times, though). For her in general, Ice Climbers, Falco as a close 2nd(again, some people do better, but I think a top-level Falco who knows the MU always wins).
lolimar/Ness for me, Yoshi for everybody else, Ike/Zelda overall/what I really think.
Brinstar(or any Metroid stage, really), BF and Halberd/Delfino(tied).
Personally, Japes. She doesn't any really bad stages, IMO. I love it when people CP Castle Siege on me thinking that I'm helpless on it.
Ground combos all day. But I'd vote both if it was an option.
Off-stage, says the abuser of N-air.
Most definitely yes.
Everybody else I use, because I don't believe in mains. teehee
Hell no. I <3 them.
DK, Link, Peach, Zelda or PT. Maybe R.O.B. and Snake, but they're a little bit less than even, IMHO. I'd say Jiggs, Pit(lol contradiction) and Sheik all kinda come close, but that's just me. Or I could just say Kirby characters/Lucario/Marth for the troll/lulz.
I haven't even finished the Bowser boards version, so I had to force myself to do this one. And manually typing these posts sucks.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman

Campy and sexy

I have to say fun to play with. I use her all the time in friendlies, but only occasionally use her in tourney.

U-air

Make one mistake and you're screwed in a giant juggle fest. The ability to easily to reliably set up a kill move is always hard no matter how good you are with Samus. So yeah, I would say she is fairly advanced.

The blue and yellow (gravity suit?)

Olimar. I very much disagree with you Ismar. I actually do decently against good wolf's, but not Olimar.

For high tier obviously ROB. I also do alright against Wario.

Probably Battlefield. Although I also like Norfair if it's legal.

I dislike yoshi's story.... a lot....

Ground.

Off stage battling.

Yes, situationally.

Well... sadly... I use ROB, Olimar, Snake, Samus, and G&W (from most used to least) in tournies. So it would be fair to say she isn't my first pick.

Yupp. We are few, but great.

ROB. Just like everyone else said.
16.) Did this quiz appease your boredom and it wasn't a drag to do?sure lol
this this this

Wow, REALLY interesting answers guys o.o...... I'll definatly consider that interview thread Xyro, since Building for Battle is over for now.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Maybe. Apparently I forget who I am sometimes.
Ehh you said you used Mewtwo and you had the blue bubbly thing as an avatar that he used

although i know that that avatar is part of the public pool of SWF

Xyro77

2vs2(low tier) at HOBO 23 on 3/6/2010

1: Xyro+Razer :samus2:+:jigglypuff:
2: Tallman+Gnes :lucas:+:jigglypuff:
3: Trela+Yosh :ike:+:yoshi2:
4: Jerm+Dao :link2:+:jigglypuff:
5: Ozz+Trent :falcon:+:sonic:
5: roy + furbs :falcon:+:yoshi2:
7: Riot + Pj :ike:+:link2:
7: Hyro + blaine :jigglypuff:+:samus2:
9: Redhalbert+P4 :ike:+:zelda:

Never went to loser bracket and never failed at CRUSHING the enemy. BRING IT!

Tallman+Gnes vs Xyro+UltimateRazer(LT 2vs2 WINNER Finals):
Matches 1 and 2, Match 3

Tallman+Gnes vs Xyro+UltimateRazer(LT 2vs2 GRAND Finals)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbbABOhbdoA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlAVv41mBOo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9XeFfHX3R8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xup7YgLtzNY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZliZkXTsLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXl9Cowwo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13XtpKOv8A0

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
lol cool then. I don't think we should team because I'm really going for melee + suck at brawl, if i do go, but yeah, it'd be cool if we got friendlies or some

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i don't like the whole ledge trend

but thats probably because my ledge game is the weakest part of my samus

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I like being able to feel like I'm controlling the match (even if I'm not >.>). I started brawl as a kirby main (crazy switch, right?) and I feel good that, as samus, I get to be the player that makes you come after me instead of the player that has to get in for hits.

I'm not really sure. I've never been the kind of guy to say "Well blah blah blah isn't tourney viable" but there are definitely other characters you can play if you want instant success. I love playing as samus though, which is more than I can say about playing as some of the previously mentioned instant success characters.

Would it be stereotypical to say zair? Because I love zair.

I think if you can start learning brawl with Samus then you're pretty set once you get her down. But she's definitely tricky to master.

Purple, which I'm told it's supposed to be the gravity suit but I like to think of it as the "I hit select with the varia suit and now I can shoot missles" suit from the original Metroid.

Since I don't have the pleasure of playing a lot of MKs in Indiana/Kentucky I'd probably say Olimar.

Donkey Kong or Ganon. Especially Ganon.

Probably battlefield. I kinda love Delfino Plaza as samus though.

Frigate Orpheon, particularly the second stage and especially against short characters.

Air

Most satisfying spike in the game. :)

Depends. Against, say, Ice Climbers/Luigi? Yes. Against Falco? Probably not.

Well I could go back to Kirby (I still play him in teams), but I'd probably go ROB instead for similar style. Or Bowser. Because he's Bowser.

You guys all seem nice so far. Trying to fit into a community is kinda intimidating though, which is why this will probably be the first time most of you have seen/heard of me. <.<

Honestly, without standing infinites I think the Dedede matchup is pretty even. Even with standing infinites it's not so hard to keep Dedede off of you... but then you get grabbed. :urg:

I actually had to think so it wasn't boring. Plus it's the perfect way to slide into the community... or at least I hope.

Good stuff Joe, seriously, very creative ;o.

Also:

I like being able to feel like I'm controlling the match (even if I'm not >.>). I started brawl as a kirby main (crazy switch, right?) and I feel good that, as samus, I get to be the player that makes you come after me instead of the player that has to get in for hits.
I switched from Zero Suit and Pikachu lol :3.

You guys all seem nice so far. Trying to fit into a community is kinda intimidating though, which is why this will probably be the first time most of you have seen/heard of me. <.<
We are all nice.
Maybe not Xyro
If you ever want some help, you can feel free to talk to one of us, im sure myself, NO-IDea or IsmaR would be more then happy to help.

Xyro77

Im very nice, i just dont like people spouting out wrong stuff like "bombs are good" or "samus CAN kill." I am also willing to help out ANYBODY but you have to accept that what im saying REALLY does work.

EXAMPLE: time and time again i tell people to abuse the ledge and people are like "no no thats boring and wont work" and then a few weeks or months later posts start to show up here with people saying "OMG it DOES work."

I KNOW what im talking about and always have.

And if anybody is interested, i challenged the best ike in the usa to a 100$ MM and he accepted

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268075

Top Bottom