• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Dedede doesn't care about your silly missiles. =P

He just wants to infinite you.

Without the infinite though, it's probably 60/40.

Maybe 65/35.

idk.

Also hai Samus boards.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I'm actually not even that sure it's super bad with the infinite.
Dedede is a giant zair magnet, so even though waddles suck up missiles and charge shot (which make the matchup way worse than the infinite IMO) it's possible to just annoy a Dedede enough to make him slip up and get some damage in.

It's still not good for samus but nothing is ahhhh

Also hi aerodrome I didn't know the wolf boards had a mod

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I definitely think that Dedede has problems grabbing Samus, but if Samus allows herself to get grabbed, then that's essentially a stock. o:

It doesn't help that you guys can fresh dtilt him at like, 140% and he's like "idc" and survives anyway.

Ishieymoro is the Wolf boards mod, not me. =P

:phone:

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Yeah, survivability is an issue too but this is one of the few match-ups where I think heavy camping and ledge play are actually the correct strategy so in theory it works itself out.

Also D:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
a question for you guys since this place is deceased as ****
what do you guys do when you jump to missile or falling zair, and the enemy manages to squeak under you?
do you just DI away and take a grab? do you do a bomb and try not to get punished to hell?
at a recent tournament I played samus a lot on friendlies and if the opponent was far enough away then powershielding my stuff still made me safe
but when they were at a certain distance to powershield my attack and buffer a dash, or run as I'm trying to do it, I didn't know what to do.

also use fair a lot that move is broken. the pressure is insane against shields and safe if you DI away enough ( I think). like just use it to space, but not predictably on the edge.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
if they are at a range to squeak under i tend to use options so that doesnt happen. like a sh homing missle cancel is low enough to stop most things at a mid range, and any closer you should consider other options other then jumping. you can also sh, bait then to approach and go around them or w/e you want to do. im also fond of charging at them as well

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Empty jumps son.
Don't always commit to something in the air, especially if they're in range to punish your jump (because you are samus and your jump is punishable and fair).

Also don't overuse fair, it looks better than it is

Sarix

Smash Ace
I personally find jumping with Samus to be a small mindgame for the opponent since she has a lot of options in the air. I've had quite a few times where I've jumped and my opponent was preparing for me to use missiles and gave me a free chance to reset my spacing since I didn't attack with the jump.

Sarix

Smash Ace
That's legit.

I didn't expect anyone to play it. Lulz

I have a $5 7 (8 if you count the thumb hole) hole alto C sweet potato ocarina made out of plastic.

Hype
I got mine off of STL Ocarina for about $80 as a high school graduation gift. The hard part is finding music for it since its range is not exactly big.

Sarix

Smash Ace
Mine's actually somewhat quiet, I usually have to use a hairdryer on it to help tune it whenever I play otherwise I can't tell if certain notes are in tune.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
So like I'm kinda using Samus now for the lolz and I wanna know is there like a chart/thread somewhere that has when D-tilt kills on each char, assuming no DI.

Sarix

Smash Ace
So like I'm kinda using Samus now for the lolz and I wanna know is there like a chart/thread somewhere that has when D-tilt kills on each char, assuming no DI.
I personally don't think Dtilt is that great of a kill move personally. It kills lightweights well with it's knockback, but I usually use it to start combos.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Well my point was, Samus doesn't HAVE kill moves until 160%.

In which point you have utilt, CS, dtilt, and probably fsmash.
Out of those, utilt and charge shot are easier to land and better used to rack up damage. You can at some point try and save them for the kill but there's a good chance your dtilt with be fresher.

Granted 160 might be an exaggeration but not by much

Top Bottom