• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Royal Guide/Faq of King Dedede. (Updated 7/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just lost for the first time with D3 the other day, I need to step up my game it looks like.

-In other news...what does the scouter say about my posts?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
well if you can explain than please do. I'd like to know what Pika can do to D3 so I know what to watch out for when I counter Pikas with him lol
When Anther, Mattz, myself and a couple of other decent Pikas all agreed that D3 was good agaisnt Pika, I kind of figured I knew that match up.

Like how does Pika kill D3? And how does he not die after a few bthrows? He can't land too many DownBs which are pretty much the only KOing thing he has on D3 and Pika needs to get inside to do anything when camping is pressured but utilt will KO every time. Seriously, I haven't lost to Pika with D3, and these Pikas beat me lots haha

CO18

Smash Hero
well if you can explain than please do. I'd like to know what Pika can do to D3 so I know what to watch out for when I counter Pikas with him lol
When Anther, Mattz, myself and a couple of other decent Pikas all agreed that D3 was good agaisnt Pika, I kind of figured I knew that match up.

Like how does Pika kill D3? And how does he not die after a few bthrows? He can't land too many DownBs which are pretty much the only KOing thing he has on D3 and Pika needs to get inside to do anything when camping is pressured but utilt will KO every time. Seriously, I haven't lost to Pika with D3, and these Pikas beat me lots haha
Well if you see I made this without looking at the matchup thread as well and every other ddd main agrees pika has a 65:35 adv. Even if it was a small adv its definitley not in ddd's favor.

Hmm a 0-60 cg on DDD might have a little benefit to pikachu? lol.

Not to mention he completely outspeeds him and can easily spend the whole match Qacing and spamming Full hopped B's and keep running away forcing DDD to approach, its basically like the falco matchup for DDD except falco is easier to gimp if hes under the stage.

The only thing ddd has really in this matchup is that he dies later and can outrange him with ftilt otherwise its an extremely uphill battle.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Well if you see I made this without looking at the matchup thread as well and every other ddd main agrees pika has a 65:35 adv. Even if it was a small adv its definitley not in ddd's favor.

Hmm a 0-60 cg on DDD might have a little benefit to pikachu? lol.

Not to mention he completely outspeeds him and can easily spend the whole match Qacing and spamming Full hopped B's and keep running away forcing DDD to approach, its basically like the falco matchup for DDD except falco is easier to gimp if hes under the stage.

The only thing ddd has really in this matchup is that he dies later and can outrange him with ftilt otherwise its an extremely uphill battle.
well I guess D3 hates Pika and Pika hates D3?
I donno, the CG is nice but D3 does that to Pika with 3 bthrows and he has an easier time grabbing. The camping is what I think really makes Pika viable in the match but past that, Pika still can't really get any KO opportunities leading D3 to live to 200% unless D3 is forced to use upB sometime but when Pika dies from utilt when he gets dthrow techchased or QAC is chased at like 90%, it's still tough for Pika.

Pika can't really run for long and Waddles come out quick enough to disturb jolts but I see how it's like Falco. Maybe it's uphill for both, and maybe the D3s just don't know how to fight Pikas, after all, they're rare and D3 is everywhere. :\

CO18

Smash Hero
well I guess D3 hates Pika and Pika hates D3?
I donno, the CG is nice but D3 does that to Pika with 3 bthrows and he has an easier time grabbing. The camping is what I think really makes Pika viable in the match but past that, Pika still can't really get any KO opportunities leading D3 to live to 200% unless D3 is forced to use upB sometime but when Pika dies from utilt when he gets dthrow techchased or QAC is chased at like 90%, it's still tough for Pika.

Pika can't really run for long and Waddles come out quick enough to disturb jolts but I see how it's like Falco. Maybe it's uphill for both, and maybe the D3s just don't know how to fight Pikas, after all, they're rare and D3 is everywhere. :\
i dont think thats necessarily the case, ive played a ton of pikas cuz i play wifi alot for practice and bad players can do pretty well vs me. Ive also played anther on wifi I believe im 2-3 against him DDD vs pikachu so im actually pretty confident with the matchup but I just know its really uphill and ddd prob gains an adv over pika in lag.

Heres a match between Esam and Seibrik, theyve both played each other quite a bit and know the matchup very well, You probably know seibrik (got 3rd at ch4) and is 2nd on fl power rankings and is obviously a better player than esam who doesnt do that quite well yet the whole match is a struggle for him to find any openings on esam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMyrPz0Uffw

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
He ran into 2 charged sideBs to die (one he just sucked up his own waddle lol), ran into a downB cause for some reason he tried dairing upon landing (bair would've been spaced enough to hit and not get it probably. Or just wait for Pika to end the move lol), got screwed by the CG and speed against a wall and basically everything that would never happen if he didn't jump into **** so much. He didn't really do anything he should've at all. Either he played poorly, is bad at that match up or was having a bad day. lol
He would've done better if he just camped on the platforms and waddled back at the pika as it jumped around, bair spammed off the platforms and rising dairs back up to the platforms whenever Pika came near. That was sad lol
Pika lived to 150%+ which should never happen as the other stock ended at 111% by utilt but for some reason he decided to chase Pika into a pit to get owned for a stock. And then the UpBs that Pika made him essentially SD from last stock and get usmashed into an eventual (avoidable by simply landing on the right platform or waddling him) fully charged Skull Bash is just something that shouldn't happen.
The other matches with those 2, he didn't do too much better lol

That was just bad, Pika can't get inside on D3 when D3 plays the match up the way he should to beat a Pika. The Pika was good and new what to do, the D3 did not.
Side note, matches with lag really don't mean anything, sowy. The skill gap from new players to good players shrinks a ton too. Maybe that's why they do ok, and why I can keep up with some of the best in lag and get utterly destroyed at a tourney the next day...also why I stopped haha :\

*idea* maybe some vids of players using D3 against that Pika and other Pikas would be more accurate towards how to play them? Ionno

CO18

Smash Hero
He ran into 2 charged sideBs to die (one he just sucked up his own waddle lol), ran into a downB cause for some reason he tried dairing upon landing (bair would've been spaced enough to hit and not get it probably. Or just wait for Pika to end the move lol), got screwed by the CG and speed against a wall and basically everything that would never happen if he didn't jump into **** so much. He didn't really do anything he should've at all. Either he played poorly, is bad at that match up or was having a bad day. lol
He would've done better if he just camped on the platforms and waddled back at the pika as it jumped around, bair spammed off the platforms and rising dairs back up to the platforms whenever Pika came near. That was sad lol
Pika lived to 150%+ which should never happen as the other stock ended at 111% by utilt but for some reason he decided to chase Pika into a pit to get owned for a stock. And then the UpBs that Pika made him essentially SD from last stock and get usmashed into an eventual (avoidable by simply landing on the right platform or waddling him) fully charged Skull Bash is just something that shouldn't happen.
The other matches with those 2, he didn't do too much better lol

That was just bad, Pika can't get inside on D3 when D3 plays the match up the way he should to beat a Pika. The Pika was good and new what to do, the D3 did not.
Side note, matches with lag really don't mean anything, sowy. The skill gap from new players to good players shrinks a ton too. Maybe that's why they do ok, and why I can keep up with some of the best in lag and get utterly destroyed at a tourney the next day...also why I stopped haha :\

*idea* maybe some vids of players using D3 against that Pika and other Pikas would be more accurate towards how to play them? Ionno
This is an offline match. Pika Can Definitley get inside D3. And it is not as easy to kill pika as you think considering its hard to grab/attack him in the first place besides like bair. He can easily avoid up tilt and just camp and spam the entire match while d3 racks up a whole lot of dmg until he eventually kills him/

Buuman

Smash Ace
You said there's three different types of CGs? lol

From the standing position, Dedede down throws then you dash grab them. That's the easiest and most common way to CG.

Then the Shield grab (which completely cancels the running animation) CG is simply running and pressing shield and then press A.

Now CG number 2 as stated in your guide is simply a dash grab with the shield animation popping up but the game doesn't trigger it as a shield grab, despite the animation coming up it's just a dash grab, and you slide the same distance after you grab them with a dash grab as you would with the "shield canceled grab."

Essentially it seems that there are only two practical ways of CGing.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
This is an offline match. Pika Can Definitley get inside D3. And it is not as easy to kill pika as you think considering its hard to grab/attack him in the first place besides like bair. He can easily avoid up tilt and just camp and spam the entire match while d3 racks up a whole lot of dmg until he eventually kills him/
True, but even in that horrible match, you saw what the Pika had to do to get it. It was bait n punish tactics, followed by the pika staying on him as much as possible on wakeup. this D3 was not that great in the tilt game, which makes it a ton harder for pika to get in. Bolts get stopped by ftilt, waddles and dtilt ( I think) avoid air bolts and up tilt as he falls/ bait and air dodge and punish. Pika has to work a lot harder to get in, and he had enough experience to do it. I think the D3 was too agressive and chased pika too much, which is why he got punished so much. And there's nothing wrong with bair spaming sometimes, which he never really did.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
King DDD Crouch is Sexy.... His taunts also are and another thing Santa Claus + a Penguin = Ownage

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Great guide. From my hrc nba experience, I feel I should make some % corrections...

Dash attack does at most 15%, ftilt only does 6%, and utilt has does 13% if it is used twice and hits both times, strangely.

At the beginning, utilt proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4araG0lt_4

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i have a question about the super jump,

it seems that there are 3 ways to land it
there the normal hitbox landing that makes the stars

and the two im confused about.

when you cancel the hitbox by pressing down, sometimes he just falls on his back and gets back up.

but sometimes he likes falls, and than flops over and falls again, which amounts to like a full second of lag before you can do anything.
how do i avoid this?

Buuman

Smash Ace
Great guide. From my hrc nba experience, I feel I should make some % corrections...

Dash attack does at most 15%, ftilt only does 6%, and utilt has does 13% if it is used twice and hits both times, strangely.

At the beginning, utilt proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4araG0lt_4
Dash attack does 16% without move decay, and up tilt does 12 + a decimal percent that's not shown.

Mostly every move includes extra damage that are recorded in decimals that you can't see.

Buuman

Smash Ace
i have a question about the super jump,

it seems that there are 3 ways to land it
there the normal hitbox landing that makes the stars

and the two im confused about.

when you cancel the hitbox by pressing down, sometimes he just falls on his back and gets back up.

but sometimes he likes falls, and than flops over and falls again, which amounts to like a full second of lag before you can do anything.
how do i avoid this?
When you do D3s up B, while he is ascending, he has super armor frames until the peak of his jump, when he begins descending his is vulnerable again, but when you come close to the ground and try to cancel it, you hit with a great deal of lag (he flops over and gets back up), to avoid this:(simple :D) Cancel the Up B earlier, and you will land with a minuscule amount of lag. Experiment where too close is, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
What is King DDD's top two best levels? I play a garbage tier character and this guy is a massive problem. If I could ban two levels which would be first and which would be second in order of severity of King DDD.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
What is King DDD's top two best levels? I play a garbage tier character and this guy is a massive problem. If I could ban two levels which would be first and which would be second in order of severity of King DDD.
final destination and delfino

RATED

Smash Lord
if u are link I recommend, u to ban delfino and frigate orpheon( pardon but link recovery sucks.) so he counterpick u there for a easy win.

Tero.

Smash Champion
There are so many levels where D3 can screw up Link lol, you can't ban all of them.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Hi, I introduce myself as Rajam, a chilean smasher. I read a lot here, though i dont post much because i have anything new to contribute... o well, im going to the point of this:

I want to ask permission for translating this FAQ to spanish and post it at: www.smashbroschile.cl/foros, a chilean forum dedicated to the Smash Bros trilogy. Of course I would put credits, recognizing smashboards and everyone who contributed to this guide ( smashboards is very well known in Chile; sadly some of my comrades doesnt understand very well english, thats the main reason i'd like to translate )

I hope i can get a good response, but if you say no i'll understand. Thanks in advance

CO18

Smash Hero
Hi, I introduce myself as Rajam, a chilean smasher. I read a lot here, though i dont post much because i have anything new to contribute... o well, im going to the point of this:

I want to ask permission for translating this FAQ to spanish and post it at: www.smashbroschile.cl/foros, a chilean forum dedicated to the Smash Bros trilogy. Of course I would put credits, recognizing smashboards and everyone who contributed to this guide ( smashboards is very well known in Chile; sadly some of my comrades doesnt understand very well english, thats the main reason i'd like to translate )

I hope i can get a good response, but if you say no i'll understand. Thanks in advance
thats fine go ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom