• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Royal Guide/Faq of King Dedede. (Updated 7/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupz

Smash Master
Hey CO18 do you think that you could edit the guide with the list of infinites we compiled a few weeks ago (forgot to mention it then i was busy). it would be helpful for more d3's to know.

Well everyone is focuing on who DDD can chain grab but I noticed we dont have a list of characters that can infinite/CG DDD and what percent they can CG him up to. It might make people more aware with certain matchups.

Character:
Infinite move -> Finishing Move:
Percent you can break out (if any):
How to avoid the infinite:

Stage Infinites/Chain Grabs

These are the infinites that can be done on any stages and so most importantly can be performed on neutrals. Try your best to memorize all these!

Falco
Down Throw -> Down Air/Gatling Combo/Boost Smash
->54% (I think, can someone help me out)
Tips: Try not to get grabbed at a low percent, you shouldnt be able to outcamp falco so use your grab range over his to try and avoid the chaingrab. Spotdodge if possible but watch out for punishing. Try and make him work up the percent slowly without chain grabbing.

Pikachu
Down Throw -> Down Smash/Up Smash
->60%(Needs testing)
Tips: Don't get grabbed this chaingrab is deadly.

Wario
->Standing infinite boost grab
Dthrow, boost Dthrow until around 192%
Tips: This is Wario's infinite on D3, Very hard to time, impossible online, but D3 can't get out of it. Thats basically it.

Ice Climbers
D-Throw / F-Throw / B-Throw -> Any move
->Infinite ( The D-throw chaingrab is NOT an Infinite)
Tips: They grab you once you lose one stock(If they don't mess up) , play a defensive game and feel free to spam your Side-B and being a Campy *****

Lucario
Side-B -> Fsmash / Fair
-> 38%
Tips:If you press shield just when he Side-B grabs you for the 1st time the grab will break and you will be safe if you don't press shield at the 1st grab you won't be able to get out till you get to 38%

Marth
F-Throw -> Dash Attack / Fair / Nair /Dair
-> 50%
Tips: At 0% if they F-throw you they can follow up with a tippered F-Smash, this chaingrab isn't meant to rack up damage its meant to give Marth a good position over his enemy and get a phew Fair's and Nair's out of it.

Yoshi
Grab Release -> Fair
->Infinite
Tips: Pretty hard to time.

Bowser
Grab Release -> Neutral A/Side B
->Infinite
Tips: Well DDD has the advantage here so use your small step CG. Make sure you get the first grab :p

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Any %
Tips: Give it back to him :p

Pikachu
Forward Throw -> Upsmash
60%
Tips: Abuse your grab range and try to stay in the air and beat out his arials with bair.

Wall Infinites/Chain Grabs
These ones can only be performed next to a wall such as Shadow Moses Island.

Marth
Dtilt
->%??
Tips: Try to stay away from walls against marth. If he tries to get overly aggressive punish him with a shieldgrab :p

Metaknight
Dtilt
->%?
Tips: Similar to Marths.

Mr. Game and Watch
Dtilt
->%?

Donkey KongDtilt
->%?
Similar to Marths

Ledge Infinites/Chain Grabs
These infinites can be performed at a ledge of a stage or platform. These can also be performed on neutrals.

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Infinite

Snake
Down Throw -> U-tilt/Side-tilt
->Infinite
Tips: Snake can infinite Dedede at the ledge of the stage, theres no way you can break out of this so you gotta wait till the Snake player screws up because this needs perfect timing to do, and if the Snake player never screws up you're practically dead.
So in summary don't play at the ledge too much vs Snake.

Contribute as many tips to how to get out of each matchup please, and list as many CG's/infinites as you can find :)

Jupz

Smash Master
ok thanks. any others while im at it?

dam new page. ok here is the list so people can see it.

Well everyone is focuing on who DDD can chain grab but I noticed we dont have a list of characters that can infinite/CG DDD and what percent they can CG him up to. It might make people more aware with certain matchups.

Character:

These are the infinites that can be done on any stages and so most importantly can be performed on neutrals. Try your best to memorize all these!

Falco
Tips: Try not to get grabbed at a low percent, you shouldnt be able to outcamp falco so use your grab range over his to try and avoid the chaingrab. Spotdodge if possible but watch out for punishing. Try and make him work up the percent slowly without chain grabbing.

Pikachu
->60%(Needs testing)

Wario
Tips: This is Wario's infinite on D3, Very hard to time, impossible online, but D3 can't get out of it. Thats basically it.

Ice Climbers
Tips: They grab you once you lose one stock(If they don't mess up) , play a defensive game and feel free to spam your Side-B and being a Campy *****

Lucario
Side-B -> Fsmash / Fair
-> 38%
Tips:If you press shield just when he Side-B grabs you for the 1st time the grab will break and you will be safe if you don't press shield at the 1st grab you won't be able to get out till you get to 38%

Marth
-> 50%
Tips: At 0% if they F-throw you they can follow up with a tippered F-Smash, this chaingrab isn't meant to rack up damage its meant to give Marth a good position over his enemy and get a phew Fair's and Nair's out of it.

Yoshi
Grab Release -> Fair
->Infinite

Bowser
->Infinite
Tips: Well DDD has the advantage here so use your small step CG. Make sure you get the first grab :p

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Any %

Pikachu
Forward Throw -> Upsmash
60%
Tips: Abuse your grab range and try to stay in the air and beat out his arials with bair.

Marth
Dtilt
->%??
Tips: Try to stay away from walls against marth. If he tries to get overly aggressive punish him with a shieldgrab :p

Metaknight
Dtilt
->%?

Mr. Game and Watch
Dtilt
->%?

Donkey KongDtilt
->%?
Similar to Marths

These infinites can be performed at a ledge of a stage or platform. These can also be performed on neutrals.

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Infinite

Snake
->Infinite
Tips: Snake can infinite Dedede at the ledge of the stage, theres no way you can break out of this so you gotta wait till the Snake player screws up because this needs perfect timing to do, and if the Snake player never screws up you're practically dead.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Jupz.

Everyone is focusing on who DDD can chain grab but I noticed we dont have a list of characters that can infinite/CG DeDeDe so here it is. This might make people more aware with certain matchus.

Character:

Chaingrabs / Infinites

:falco:

Down Throw -> Down Air/Gatling Combo/Boost Smash.
-> 54%
Tips: Try not to get grabbed at a low percent, you shouldnt be able to outcamp falco so use your grab range over his to try and avoid the chaingrab. Spotdodge if possible but watch out if he tries to punish you. Try and make him work up the percent slowly without getting chaingrabbed.

:pikachu:

Down Throw -> Up Smash
-> 60&
Tips: This is gay, run away as much as posible.

:popo:

Tips: They grab you once you lose a stock. Try being as campy as possible.

:lucario:

Side-B -> ???
-> 38%
Tips: Most players don't know about this chaingrab but it does works and it racks up decent damage but Lucario doesn't have any effective follow-ups after the chaingrab.

:marth:

F-Throw -> Fair / Nair
-> 50%
Tips: At 0% If they F-throw you they can follow up with a tippered F-Smash, this chaingrab isn't meant to rack up damage its meant to give Marth a good position over his enemy and get a phew Fair's and Nair's out of it.

:yoshi:

Grab Release -> Fair
->Infinite
Tips: This is why he has a good matchup against Meta Knight... Its hard to time.

Forward Throw -> Upsmash / Uthrow
60%

Wall Infinites / Ledge Infinites

These ones can only be performed in a stage that has a wall were you can get cornered or "gay'ed".

Dtilt -> Fsmash / Dsmash
-> Infinite
Tips: Not much tips really just don't play near walls.

:metaknight:

Dtilt -> Dsmash
-> Infinite
Tips: Same as Marth's.

:gw:

Dtilt -> Utilt
-> Infinite
Tips: Mr. Game & Watch has the best Wall Infinite out all of the characters IMO. This is EXTREMELY easy to perform...

:dk2:

Dtilt -> Utilt / Dsmash
-> Infinite
Tips: Same as the other one's.

:snake:

-> Infinite
Tips: Snake can infinite Dedede at the ledge of the stage, theres no way you can break out of this so you gotta wait till the Snake player screws up because this has strict timing, and if the Snake player never screws up you're practically dead.

:dedede:

Down Throw -> Dtilt
-> Infinite
Tips: This can only be done in the edge against other King DeDeDe, Its pretty much as gay as the other Infinites.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
does the d-throw dtilt really work i try it and it doesnt connect>_> on chars like wolf

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Its very situational, you gotta time the Dtilt after the CG.

Try it versus DK till you get the Dthrow -> Dtilt timing, The rest comes naturally.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Jupz.

Everyone is focusing on who DDD can chain grab but I noticed we dont have a list of characters that can infinite/CG DeDeDe so here it is. This might make people more aware with certain matchus.

Character:

Chaingrabs / Infinites

:falco:

Down Throw -> Down Air/Gatling Combo/Boost Smash.
-> 54%
Tips: Try not to get grabbed at a low percent, you shouldnt be able to outcamp falco so use your grab range over his to try and avoid the chaingrab. Spotdodge if possible but watch out if he tries to punish you. Try and make him work up the percent slowly without getting chaingrabbed.

Down Throw -> Up Smash
-> 60&
Tips: This is gay, run away as much as posible.

:popo:

Tips: They grab you once you lose a stock. Try being as campy as possible.

:lucario:

Side-B -> ???
-> 38%
Tips: Most players don't know about this chaingrab but it does works and it racks up decent damage but Lucario doesn't have any effective follow-ups after the chaingrab.

F-Throw -> Fair / Nair
-> 50%
Tips: At 0% If they F-throw you they can follow up with a tippered F-Smash, this chaingrab isn't meant to rack up damage its meant to give Marth a good position over his enemy and get a phew Fair's and Nair's out of it.

:yoshi:

Grab Release -> Fair
->Infinite
Tips: This is why he has a good matchup against Meta Knight... Its hard to time.

Forward Throw -> Upsmash / Uthrow
60%

Wall Infinites / Ledge Infinites

These ones can only be performed in a stage that has a wall were you can get cornered or "gay'ed".

Dtilt -> Fsmash / Dsmash
-> Infinite
Tips: Not much tips really just don't play near walls.

:metaknight:

Dtilt -> Dsmash
-> Infinite
Tips: Same as Marth's.

:gw:

Dtilt -> Utilt
-> Infinite
Tips: Mr. Game & Watch has the best Wall Infinite out all of the characters IMO. This is EXTREMELY easy to perform...

:dk2:

Dtilt -> Utilt / Dsmash
-> Infinite
Tips: Same as the other one's.

:snake:

-> Infinite
Tips: Snake can infinite Dedede at the ledge of the stage, theres no way you can break out of this so you gotta wait till the Snake player screws up because this has strict timing, and if the Snake player never screws up you're practically dead.

:dedede:

Down Throw -> Dtilt
-> Infinite
Tips: This can only be done in the edge against other King DeDeDe, Its pretty much as gay as the other Infinites.
I may be mistaken, but I believe that Marth can only CG D3 up to 12%.

Buuman

Smash Ace
ok thanks. any others while im at it?

dam new page. ok here is the list so people can see it.

Character:

Falco

Pikachu
->60%(Needs testing)

Wario

Ice Climbers

Lucario
Side-B -> Fsmash / Fair
-> 38%

Marth
-> 50%

Yoshi
Grab Release -> Fair
->Infinite

Bowser
->Infinite

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Any %

Pikachu
Forward Throw -> Upsmash
60%

Marth
Dtilt
->%??

Metaknight
Dtilt
->%?

Mr. Game and Watch
Dtilt
->%?

Donkey KongDtilt
->%?
Similar to Marths

King Dedede
Down Throw->Ftilt
->Infinite

Snake
->Infinite
Very well organized. Jupz, may I add this to my thread? Credit will be given obviously:)

doominator10

Smash Rookie
i wish to see more pwnage with buuman. does he have his own channel, cuz i love dedede. And i pwn my friends w/ him. i dont even have the game. or a wii. yet.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
CO, I made a helpful flowchart to illustrate how to play Dedede for those who can't stand walls of text.

CO18

Smash Hero
lol nice Im going to update this eventually ROFL. Didnt buuman make one or something maybe that can take this over lol. Im lazyyyyyy

Tero.

Smash Champion
Gates ...
I love you.

This is too good.

Waddle Dee Spam is missing tho :p

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Wow Gates, nice flow chart! LOL your chart is very funny too XD

Sadly/unfortunately, a lot of people can't stand reading/interpreting graphs or flow charts either...

But I dont think CO18 will update this unless someone asks him to :) Great flow chart, love the way you used F*** and CHAINGRAB ANYWAY!!! I love techchasing it pwns.

EDIT: Oh wait just saw CO18's post above ^^^

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
What's the sweetspot of Super Hammer Swing? Is it just the tip in the air and head on the ground?

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
Posting about the guide...

The first part says:

"The Best possible description of King Dedede has already been created by Tank McCanon in this thread right here.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=139061"

Link is obsolete, maybe you should add more to the description.

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
That second flowchart has no KO options besides a lucky gordo and has absolutely no chain grabbing. It just doesn't match the DDD style. You're not totally ****ed against meta knight, more so against Ice Climers.

PWNAGEPOLICE

Smash Cadet
NNID
WellWisherELF
Also, that flowchart has stupid options like F*** is you're facing Meta Knight. That matchup isn't impossible. And "Pray for a Gordo"? lol...
That flowchart wasn't really as funny as Gates' flowchart, and it was hard finding where you were going in the arrows and stuff lol...
y so srs beefy? lololol

made my flowchart before i saw gate's, and only found it by googling 'ddd flowchart'.

i was also unaware that anyone older than 5 would have trouble following simple arrows, ill keep that in mind next time for you beefz

also italics make me cool

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
CO18, TBH, a Dsmash is more a 4/5 because it is primarily a second kill move if utilt is too hard to land. Some good setups (for me) would be:

(If you can CG) Dthrow > they sidestep thinking you will CG > Semi-Charged Dsmash

(If you cant CG) Dthrow > Buuman Trap OR techchase into a Dsmash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom