• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Wow **** I backed out right before pools were made?
I was really curious about who I'd be playing, too.
**** it I'm even more disappointed about not going to not even see what possible pool I'd have had D:

Scar

#HarveyDent
im making pretty good progress, there are only a few real problems

a lot of new england / atlantic north guys are playing people we play a lot but it's pretty unavoidable

all the out of region guys look pretty good right now tho

edit: i'm done, just want to wait for alukard before i post them.

LLDL

Smash Hero
im making pretty good progress, there are only a few real problems

a lot of new england / atlantic north guys are playing people we play a lot but it's pretty unavoidable

all the out of region guys look pretty good right now tho

edit: i'm done, just want to wait for alukard before i post them.
Lol ****, I'm about 2 go to school in an hour. I gotta wait ALLLLL DAYYY :urg:

PB&J

Smash Hero
give me every peach at the tourny and i will 9 stock them with my eyes close...lol..it just seems to happen to me @ most big tournies

fox
marth
peach
peach
puff(yes)
peach
falco
cf

Scar

#HarveyDent
big D told me so dope was never in pools

sry i prob should have shut up about it lol but yeah they are def not final since alu have the final word

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Shouldn't like Top 4 get out of pools?

Top 2 is too little for a tournament like this..

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Ok then....

I was just saying it would be better for everyone because who wants to waste a plane trip or money for one round of pools?

Is there two rounds of pools?

If theres two pools first round should stay top 2, second should be top 4...

IMO.

Scar

#HarveyDent
we wanted top 4 or 2 rounds of pools but everyone needs to realize we are trying to run a 64 team bracket and 150+man singles event in one day.

the majority of us wanted to run the tourney over 2 days and have 2 rounds of pools leisurely-like and then run brackets this sunday, but a ton of players can't stay for sunday, so that was out.

anyways, considering our alternatives: pools where top 4 get out would be pools of 16, which would be 10 players per pool. this would take 4 hours minimum. it is impossible. you have to run 45 sets to finish pools of 10, as opposed to 10-15 sets to run the pools we're doing.

likewise doing 2 rounds of pools will take way too long, at least 1.5 hours to run both pools, but more significantly, at the very least an hour to seed the 2nd round of pools after the first is finished.

our schedule even as it is is really shifty

10 signups
12 teams starts
3-5 singles pools
6pm singles bracket starts

and that is like if we do everything perfectly, no seeding issues, no signup issues, no one delaying the tourney, no friendlies

JFox

Smash Hero
top 2 is really the same as top 4 in a way when u think about it. If theres 16 people in a pool, and top 4 advance, thats the same percentage of people making it out of pools as if you have a pool of 8 people, and top 2 advance. It just seems a lot harder, lol. No matter what only 25% of the pool advances tho.

btw i have no clue how big pools will be, these were totally hypothetical numbers, lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yeah but you could at least say "i made it out of first rounds of pools"

instead of 75% of ppl including good ppl be like "lost first round pools"

i wanted to at least be able to say the first one =(

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol everyone who has heard of this tourney is coming to it anyways, we all know how hard pools are gonna be.

pools are generally 5 people, a few have 6. where is alukard lol when you read this call/text/im me

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
yeah but you could at least say "i made it out of first rounds of pools"

instead of 75% of ppl including good ppl be like "lost first round pools"

i wanted to at least be able to say the first one =(
No Johns.

We voted on having everything in one day. This is the ONLY way to get the tournament done on time. I mean it sucks that talented players might get knocked out in the only round of pools, but that leaves a whole day of friendly's to play whomever you want. Assuming they have tv's available for friendlies.

Also, it is a 64 man bracket. That is about 40-50% of the projected attendance. So closer to 50-60% of people won't make it out of pools. Plenty of people will make it into the bracket.

PB&J

Smash Hero
top 2..alright..time for the evan combo and if u dont know the evan combo..u will lose..ill bet 1000 on it..lol...its a def win

Scar

#HarveyDent
pakman there are 170 signed up for singles

even if we have a ton of no shows it's a lot of ppl not making it to bracket lmao

Sanu

Smash Champion
Top 2? XFD. At least top 3 would have been acceptable, terrible decision.

Sanu

Smash Champion
DO IT UP YO!

Seriously, I understand why the decision was made; it's still going to leave people with a bad taste in their mouth though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom