• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Critical Hit 4 Results Thread

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Well since no one else is gonna say it

I had a great time with every human and a few objects that i came in contact with at this tourny XD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, does anyone know who NJ lost to? "Black Waltz, Inui, Atomsk??"
I lost to God is my Rock (massive SD johns) and Plank. I beat two people that I forgot who they were and Niko_K.

BlackWaltz lost to NEO, but I don't remember anything else that happened to him.

Atomsk lost to Chillin and one of those really good Canadian players.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
This is actually just a common myth.
Are you sure? Gaming laws tend to vary widely by state--generally there's a distinction between "games of skill" and those in which luck predominate, and presumably Smash would be a game of skill (however even this is unclear). Still, some states (including Maryland) do NOT distinguish between games of skill and games of chance in their criminal statutes. But there is little to go on besides the statutes themselves as case law is virtually nonexistent on such things.

As far as I can tell (and I could be missing something) underground Smash tournaments in Maryland are probably illegal but are extremely unlikely to be prosecuted. As such they are de facto legal. But de facto legality and being able to recover damages in court are not the same.

The fact is video game law is still a very new field and it's not always clear whether a tournament is legal or not.

Oh, also it's definitely ILLEGAL for minors to enter such tournaments, and I'd estimate at least 25% of Smashers are minors.

Sorry to derail the thread. :ohwell:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I've pretty much stayed out of this thread for the most part because I am not at all happy about the way the tournament was run or the payouts, but nonetheless DA you guys really do make idiots out of yourselves and confirm everything people believe about DA. You guys really are morons.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Oro Jr

I've pretty much stayed out of this thread for the most part because I am not at all happy about the way the tournament was run or the payouts, but nonetheless DA you guys really do make idiots out of yourselves and confirm everything people believe about DA. You guys really are morons.

i guess so mister. EVERYONE LOOK AT PLANK CLOSELY DOESNT HE LOOK LIKE AN ORO CLONE OR THE REINCARNATION OF ORO.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm part of that triple 9 and proud of it. *wears badge* You should start calling it the 27. XD

Good **** in that MM, guys. I gotta play both of you more often. I WILL beat you one day, Snakeee!

Edit: Atomsk, you owe me $1.50. God**** claw machines.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
Hey,

Just my 2 cents on all this I was talking to M2K and he said I should post. First off Chinesah is a GREAT host and this is in no way his fault, there is nothing he could have done about it, and everyone should thank him for taking the time to run the past successful events.

On the note of the money. I have been running events for over 4 years now the biggest being NEPA 1 and NEPA 2. There were several situations where I guaranteed money and there were not enough people to cover it. I STILL PAID OUT THE FULL AMMOUNT, ask cactur he was the victor of one of those. I also remember a long time ago when Chinesah got a venue for a meele event and they didn't make enough to cover the venue, and they didn't **** the pot, they took the loss and moved on. It's about being professional and this guy is not professional. He is an idiot too cause he made SOOOOO much money on the first 3 that if he had any concept of the future value of money he would have taken the Loss wrote it off on his taxes, and started planning the next event with the cost structure and timing of the first 3.

just my 2 cents

Nick

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
drunk post deletion

but in short - DA is awful at brawl and should go to tournaments before they criticize how the tournaments are run

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Could someone make me an internet meme saying ur open. Like show someones pants zipper unzipped or an upskirt shot and say YOU'RE OPEN!!!

How about a window.......thats open LMAO

Bouse

Smash Ace
To be honest, it would be funny if M2K sued.

He wins*, he loses.
*Not likely.
He loses**, he loses.
**Very likely.
He just won't get into tournaments anymore, because people just flatout don't want to get sued by some punk with an itch to sue someone.

But hey what do I know? If the next Critical Hit happens after M2K's failed lawsuit, I just won't have to fight him.

All I see is one less Metaknight.

Niko_K

Smash Master
It was guaranteed by the store owner, who guaranteed it under his business' name. Therefore M2K does actually have a case which is very winnable.

Whether or not he goes through and has MD hating him forever is his decision...

If chinessah isn't going to post the bracket we might as well close this thread before drama ensues

Miller

Smash Lord
Wow niko, still the pro **** sucker like you always were ;)
And m2k, we all understand your strife, how you always get effed over, you've lost alot. But for f*ck sakes, shut the f*ck up

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Wow niko, still the pro **** sucker like you always were ;)
And m2k, we all understand your strife, how you always get effed over, you've lost alot. But for f*ck sakes, shut the f*ck up
Hate M2K or you suck big juicyness?
Good thought pattern.

Mew2KingIsABaby

Smash Rookie
LOL JOHNS.... get a life. from this thread alot of people **** ride mew2king.

apparantly chinesah and pc say i have no chance in court because there's no written document as proof, even if chinesah is a witness, the store owner could just lie in court and nothing can be done

also no, that's not the answer

obviously im going to tournaments

IT IS MY JOB UNTIL I GET A CAREER
(Which is what I'm in college for)

I don't think you understand just how often I get the "short end of the stick" and why I'm so mad about this.

I got 9th at Evo World (bad day + bad rules + bad bracket; BEST OF ONE vs mango on DL64 when I wasn't playing good was the main thing), where top 8 got money and first got 5000 dollars

and I got 4th at MLG Vegas, where top 3 get money, and it was 10,000 for 1st, 5000 2nd and 3000 3rd. I also had a bad controller that day, I think I would have gotten 3rd at it.

all the FCD vids got lost, which is the best I ever played in a finals in my life by far (Same w/ the crew battle vs Taj and vs him in singles)

my stuff stolen on the train w/ my best controller the day after SCC (400-500) my fault but still unlucky

people stole 500+ dollars of my money which was hidden in my room (now I put it all in the bank) just before FCD happened (a lot of people came over, like 10-20 people, and apparantly one of them stole a LOT of money in my room, at least 500 dollars worth. People can't be trusted.

my wii + best memory card + melee game stolen 2 weeks ago (partially my fault, but still really unlucky).
^
All my really good F-Zero GX replays were on that, and I had several extremely good ones ;_;. Like imagine how I am in Melee on a good day, and some of those records/replays were better than even that.

this was the end of 2006 but I think it was Inui's brother, he stole the 180 dollars I won at gauntlet for getting 2nd (Pc got 900 for 1st x_x). I know it was him, especially because his brother went to jail recently (like 2 months ago? I think) for stabbing someone with a knife. He's just generally a bad person.

on the way TO oc3, me chu kiwi cactuar and vidjo all went there together, we took a thing called "skybus" an airline really cheap but no refunds. However triad got us there late and I ended up paying for everyone again. NO ONE (not sure about cactuar) paid me back for it. I lost ~1,450 dollars EXTRA by paying for everyone to go to OC3, just because I was unlucky enough to have my driver get there late. This all took place right after FCD. ANY OF YOU GUYS GONNA PAY ME BACK????

xbox 360s being stolen from FAST1, 626 dollars, a lot of that came out from my money since I won all 4 of the events. It was supposed to be a lot more.

eggm also got a ticket after Georgia for speeding, he went 83 in a 65 zone, and a NC police gave him a 370 dollar ticket I think it was, and I ended up paying for 200 of it "just to be nice" even though that was way too much especially since there was 7 of us in the van.

Velocity always gets in traffic jams when he takes me places, and one time he drove all the way up to a tourney in MD only for it to be CANCELLED at the last second, wasting 5 hours of gas which i paid half of.

many, many, many more things than that.

All in all, after doing all the math, for what I attended, I should have nearly double what I have now, and that's ********. I'm tired of getting the "short end of the stick".

edit - I recorded a few matches on random wiis that that store owner guy has; Tantalus, try to get them for me. there's a MK vs Ike clip, Snake vs MK, MK vs Snake, and some random other things. However, most everything couldn't be recorded sadly.
LOL. BIGGEST LIST OF JOHNS EVER. AND FROM THIS THREAD LOOKS LIKE CHIBOSEMPAI **** RIDES M2K REALLY HARD. AZEN FTW. he just fuccks around with m2k.

Scar

#HarveyDent
To be honest, it would be funny if M2K sued.

He wins*, he loses.
*Not likely.
He loses**, he loses.
**Very likely.
He just won't get into tournaments anymore, because people just flatout don't want to get sued by some punk with an itch to sue someone.
lol No, the case would in no way get enough press for any other venue owners to find out about it, and even if they did they would just not guarantee any money anymore, which they shouldn't be doing in the first place.

So if he wins he wins.

Scar

#HarveyDent
No it does, I definitely agree with you, but not to the extent that it would have any impact whatsoever on venue owners and their agreeing or disagreeing to hold video game tournaments at their stores. The only reason they do in the first place is because it's economically beneficial, so they won't stop unless something actually changes.

The only change that would happen b/c of a case like that actually going in M2K's favor would be venue owners refusing to guarantee any sort of cash prizes, unless they could make that guarantee and still profit.

pockyD

Smash Legend
once again, anyone who thinks m2k has a case either has access to some super interesting, exclusive documents, or is severely misguided

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
once again, anyone who thinks m2k has a case either has access to some super interesting, exclusive documents, or is severely misguided
You're probably right. M2K, I do think you have a LOT of misfortune in your life--probably moreso than you "deserve", but, putting it plain and simple, he has no reason, outside of his gracious, caring, loving heart, to make sure he pays you any percent of what he advertises.

Heck, even when he "promises" something do you have enough of a basis to assume he will. It's simply the risk you take or don't take.

Unfortunately, despite him inherently having the leverage in this case, he has more with fewer people coming than expected. " So don't advertise something so high when there are certain factors that would cause people to not want to make the trip (i.e hurricane)"? Perhaps he is a jerk--I don't know his motives--but one purpose of holding the tourney was to profit financially.

You're always putting money at risk when giving it to someone who hold all the finances at a tourney--if he who is holding it wants to give only a small amount because he is short, say, 30-40 people? Why SHOULDN'T he do so? This is his BUSINESS; you're just a part of the means by which he profits from it.

I'm sure you would be considerate enough to not do as he did, but that doesn't help either.

I'm not sure how false advertising falls in court, but you should really consider how much justification for intentional, or at least acknowledged, false advertising you have against him, if you seriously feel like taking this to court.

I'm sure you're very upset, but couldn't he very well not owe you a thing on the basis that fulfilling a marketing agenda would have ended up being a detriment to his business?

What are your true motives for taking this to court? Emotion or some sort of sense of injustice? Which is there more evidence for, realistically? And, most importantly--what will it REALLY take to convince the judges of this injustice?

Try your best to get over your emotional input on this.

Top Bottom