• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Xyless

Smash Master
Because that means free punishment from the opponent. And as previously mentioned, people time Squirtle out like crazy in particular.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well, specifically it's dash pulling without a b-stick - free-pulling is the shorter slide.

0^2

Smash Cadet
I generally have a hard time killing with Peach. Practically all of her moves kill much later than the other characters and the only 'kill' moves, to my judgment, are her u-smash and f-air, which both aren't too reliable. This is the major reason I don't trust my Peach in battle.

All the other potential kill moves don't kill until 170 or so and that's bad for me, especially with all those quick finishers in this game that kill with practically all of their attacks.

I assume I'm doing something wrong, seeing as how Peach is about middle-ish tier unless that has changed recently. Any effective ways I can learn to finish my opponent at earlier percentages?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I generally have a hard time killing with Peach. Practically all of her moves kill much later than the other characters and the only 'kill' moves, to my judgment, are her u-smash and f-air, which both aren't too reliable. This is the major reason I don't trust my Peach in battle.

All the other potential kill moves don't kill until 170 or so and that's bad for me, especially with all those quick finishers in this game that kill with practically all of their attacks.

I assume I'm doing something wrong, seeing as how Peach is about middle-ish tier unless that has changed recently. Any effective ways I can learn to finish my opponent at earlier percentages?
Dark.Pch strat to kill better
Save your moves that you need for killing. Use lots of jabs, get damage off of grabbing. When you grab them don't always launch them so fast. Kick them a few good times then toss them. N-air cant kill so well so use that alot. Dair helps since its not a Kill move. Space dtilts. And turnips. Once you get them to a good % Now you can fely on your kills moves like Fsmash and Up smash. Your fair and bairs, even upairs. uptilt as well. Try to save your most important moves to kill. Cause when you get them to that good %, all of your kill moves will be at full power. And it will be less of a struggle to kill

Killing with Peach (advance)
Yes Peach is not one of the best killers. But I tell you this, Nether are characters like Falco. Yet cause there is a lot more to this character, he can make up for it. I'll let Falco players explain that situation.

First in the words of Mikey Lenetia:

"One thing to use an aggressive style is to know EXACTLY when moves will work and when they won't, and not limiting yourself to only a few moves because of them not doing a lot of damage.

Jabs, dair, turnips, dash attack, grabs, everything HAS to be used so that when you finally get around to the higher percents, they'll do a heck of a lot more. Don't worry about using powerful moves, but... don't abuse them. What I mean by what I say is that you have to have a mix of the weaker attacks that don't send far(including down smash, I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH, it's useful!) with the ones that do.

That way, even though you're aggressive and moving in and out of range, they really won't know what's going to come out. Also, the most important point that goes for Peach, in my opinion, across the board. Just because they're at percents that things like fair and usmash will kill doesn't mean it's then time to break out the killers. One, to keep them guessing even more and making it actually easier to land a fresh killer. Two, you also build enough damage so something they don't expect, like say uair, will kill."

Now words from me:

Save your moves that you need for killing. Use lots of jabs, get damage off of grabbing. When you grab them don't always launch them so fast. Kick them a few good times then toss them. N-air cant kill so well so use that alot. Dair helps since its not a Kill move. Space dtilts. And turnips. Once you get them to a good % Now you can fely on your kills moves like Fsmash and Up smash. Your fair and bairs, even upairs. uptilt as well. Try to save your most important moves to kill. Cause when you get them to that good %, all of your kill moves will be at full power. And it will be less of a struggle to kill.

Also Her upthrow can be a good tool for Killing.

"What, an Upthrow? the hell, How, that throw sucks and people hardly use it."

Oh? Well let me explain. At 50% and over, you really can't combo into anything. if you was to Fthrow them and Back throw them, then what. They are out of your range. and have to repeat the process of approaching them again. When you up throw them, They are over you, you can use turnips to at least hit them, or make it harder for them to touch the floor. And set up to land an attack on them. This is the more better ways to hit someone after a throw. This is center stage though. Near the edge you can just toss them out. but with some characters, Like DDD, DK, you are not gonna kill them off of a throw. So the hell with that right? Toss them up and get extra hits of of turnips, and even if that dont hit, they have to worry about evading them and then you hitting them while trying to land saftley to the floor. They will still Be in your attack range for turnips and even finishers more than any other throw at 50%+

Also she is good at racking up damage in w ways. Her Attacks and turnips. If you are gonna spam anything. it should not be your fair. it should be:

-Nair
-Dair
-Dtilt
-Jab
-Dsmash
-Turnips
-Grabs
-Up-B, used right and I am dead serious. 12% of damage I believe and good knock back at the final hit so you can't get punished for it that easy.
-Bair (sometimes.)
Uptilt (sometimes)
Uair (sometimes)

Now look at this list here. What is missing from here? Thats right, her kill options:
Fair
Fsmash
Upsmash.

The moves that have (somestimes) in them are moves that can kill as well but sometines are used to rack up damage, like within comboes. Now when I say spamm I don't mean be a dunce with the moves. uses them wall and with a brain to get some hits off. Then you still got your kill moves to kill earlier than expected. You can't just play Peach to play her. if your character can't just boldly kill, you can;t just go swinging attacks and playing so typical. This is why Peach does not get anywhere and people don't really see what she is about. Thus she is bias on her self and against characters. As well as people saying the typical stuff about her for over a year now.

"how can Peach rack up damage quick and early?"

Besides the chain grab we have:

Basic combos

-Dthrow>uptilt
-Dair>Nair
-Dair>Uair
-Dair>Fair
-Dair>Bair
-Jab>Dtilt
-Jab>grab
-Jab>Nair
-Jab>Nair
-Turnip>fair
-Turnip>Nair

Advance combos ( you would need good control of Peach and her floating as well)-

*= Depends on where your enemy is/goes after the first or second hit of the combo

-*Dair>Dair>Fair
-Dair>Dair
-Dair>Dair>Dair
-Dair>Dair>Dair>Uair
-*Dair>Dair>Dair>Uair>Up-B
-*Dair>Dair>falling Dair>Usmash/Utilt/Up-B
-*Dthrow>Ftilt>Uptilt/Usmash/Up-B
-*Dthrow>Ftilt>Jab>grab>Dthrow>Utilt/Uair/Up-B
-Bair>grab
-Fair>Jab>grab> (look at the list of what you can do after grabs)
-*Falling Dair>Jab>(look at the list of what you can do after jabs/grabs)
-*Falling Dair> Usmash/Utilt/Up-B/Nair/Bair

Now look at the list of moves I said to use alot that have (sometimes) in them. Then look at the combo list. Makes since to why it has (sometimes) next to them right you might already be using the move to get damage. So the won' be fresh for kill. other times they will.

Peach is like Chess, you just CAN'T go in there and say "ok, I wanna get this pawn with my rook" When there is a pawn right by it that can take you out. Now in Brawl terms.

You can just go swinging all your kill moves and all. You can get all the hits you wan't. Then when you get to that kill %, you are in trouble, you can't kill them at % they should be dead. And that sucks for you, and you already not a solid killer. oh man. then your enemy is gonna take you out easy. So you have to think how you gonna keep them kill moves fresh, and get your damage by new means. Peach and chess have something in common so you know

0^2

Smash Cadet
Thank you for all your advice. (Especially Dark.Pch) I'll try to get this stuff down.

I've been searching for a good enough secondary character. Kirby can't stand up to every character.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I <3 dair combos. Especially against the big/heavy people like d3 and snake. Peach can easily get the opponent from 0%-40% with a simple dair>dair>dair>nair, or something similar. Depending on DI/opponent's character, you can even get them to 60-80+% if you can manage it. One time I 0%-death'd a Sheik with dair>dair>dair>double hit nair>ftilt>fair>edgehog. It was kinda situational, but it worked.

Also, don't forget the recent infinites/locks that have been discovered, like Praxis's grab release>footstool>dair>grab on wario, the drop turnip footstool bair lock, the regular bair/nair locks, etc.

Lastly, if you ever try dairing the opponent while they're shielding, watch out for OoS UpBs. Sometimes I get hit by Marth's and Samus's UpBs, and I'm sure other people can do that too. Also, don't try using dair while recovering from above against an MK because his UpB goes through that (speaking from personal experience)

Metatitan

Smash Master
I use Fair A LOT, but my main KO moves are Bair and F smash. Both Bair and Fair are amazing spacing tools but they're usually matchup specific (when it comes to spacing anyways) so usually one of them is fresh when I need to kill :). AKA, Bair for wario and Fair for marth.

I personally think Fair is too good to not be used. I also like comboing with Fair (double Fair is soooo satisfying when you pull it off). I guess that's just how my peach works :laugh:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Also, don't try using dair while recovering from above against an MK because his UpB goes through that (speaking from personal experience)
Only when he's grounded and it has invincibility. His UpB in the air has bad priority and our dair eats it.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The problem is, even if you managed to keep your Fair completely fresh, it's still not very strong if your opponent knows how to DI well and momentum cancel

It's only got a knockback thingy of 35% (I don't understand how knockback data works but 40% is a decent KO move and 50% is an amazing KO move...30% is something that will kill but not very well) so it's never going to kill that quickly

It's very difficult to save Fair for killing at all because its too useful for spacing and sheild pressure. Other aerials aren't lagless or don't have enough range when used and if they hit a shield, chances are they'll get grabbed. Dair is an exception if you pull away I guess but you have to be facing away from your opponent to do a Bair and the problem with Bair is, whilst its a brilliant move and I love it, it doesn't as much range as Fair and leaves Peach vunerable when it misses. It also has slight landing lag compared to Fair...which has none lol

If I find my Fair going stale I usually go beserk with Turnips, Dair and Bair, maybe throw in a Dash Attack to get them up in the air. Sometimes, I try and get my enemy up in the air and either Uair them or airdodge chase them and then Nair

But even if you do keep it fresh, good opponents will not die easy if they DI and momentum cancel

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
When you keep your moves fresh, people won't live as long as if they were stale. That is the point. You are giving yourself a harder time than it should be.

Also when you Attack someone. Keep in mind:

- How big the stage is
- Where on the stage you are hitting them
- What % they are on.

All this comes into play on how you kill someone. Not many people realize this. That is why at time, I am not eager to kill someone. The person is not going anywhere reguardless. So why the heck would I focus so much to get the person off stage and finish him off? I'm justgonna play it cool and wait till the time is right to send their azzes out. In the mean time I just refresh my moves and chill out.

Like you grab someone near the edge at 40. What would you mostly do. Toss them out the stage. In this case you are trying to finish them off early. It is not gonna happen. I would toss them back on stage. or up throw them. They don't have enough percent to worry about being K.O This is not the time to finish them. I need more damage and time to refresh moves. When that time comes, then toss them out and whip out the finishers.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I use Fair A LOT, but my main KO moves are Bair and F smash. Both Bair and Fair are amazing spacing tools but they're usually matchup specific (when it comes to spacing anyways) so usually one of them is fresh when I need to kill :). AKA, Bair for wario and Fair for marth.

I personally think Fair is too good to not be used. I also like comboing with Fair (double Fair is soooo satisfying when you pull it off). I guess that's just how my peach works :laugh:
I triple Fair'd my friend today. it was so funny. I read him like a book

Metatitan

Smash Master
Edrees triple Fair'd Bwett, it was hysterical. The thing that sucks is even if your KO moves are fresh, peach still has a hard time KOing.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I love gimping with peach's upb off the stage. its so fun to stage spike xD

And I also use fair waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too much. Specifically fair>fsmash. I dont know why, but I use that a lot. It works on decent ppl, but people like Atomsk tell me that its really predictable. Plus, its decaying two killing moves at the same time :(
So, I'm working on replacing it with fair>double jab (to prevent shield grabs), and hopefully eventually replace the entire thing so that I keep the shield pressure and save my killing moves.

Any suggestions?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You Fair to Fsmash alot cause you usually get away with it. So when you usually get away with something, you will keep doing it cause you feel safe and only thing you are use too. Until a smart player plays you and crushes that strat.

Fair>Grab
Fair>Jab
Fair>Dtilt
Fair> Short hop air attack
Fair>Jab>Gab
Fair>Jab> short hopped air attack.
Fair> Ground float air attack
Fair>Reverse bair

Use ^

r3d d09

Smash Master
Dair more? how often do you dair. seems like you just pressure and play offensive hardcore if you use fair too much. am i right?

with the jab grab. what's the timing between the two. because if i jab, then instantly buffer or input the grab.it does the 2nd jab. Dark, i know you know the answer. mind sharing :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dair more? how often do you dair. seems like you just pressure and play offensive hardcore if you use fair too much. am i right?

with the jab grab. what's the timing between the two. because if i jab, then instantly buffer or input the grab.it does the 2nd jab. Dark, i know you know the answer. mind sharing :D

Look above your post. I'm always one step ahead of the game.

r3d d09

Smash Master
that doesn't give the time haha. and thats why i edited my AP.

usually when i jab then try grabbing. does one of two things. either does 2nd jab or the time between is too great that the player is not in grabbing range.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You are button smashing. Don't do that. Just Tab A once, then when her hand goes out tap the stick forward and as soon as you do it, press Z. Button smashing screws up timing. If they are close enough, just grab.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm sorry. But no one can use my texture hack made by Dekuu. it is forbidden.

It is made only for me.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why would anyone else use a texture with the words "Dark Pch" all over it? xP

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
You Fair to Fsmash alot cause you usually get away with it. So when you usually get away with something, you will keep doing it cause you feel safe and only thing you are use too. Until a smart player plays you and crushes that strat.

Fair>Grab
Fair>Jab
Fair>Dtilt
Fair> Short hop air attack
Fair>Jab>Gab
Fair>Jab> short hopped air attack.
Fair> Ground float air attack
Fair>Reverse bair

Use ^

Cool, thx! Out of all of those, the only one I've actually tried is fair>jab :O I'm gonna try implementing these into my peach =D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
Air Dodge

can your opponent air dodge and reach the ground in time to pull up the shield. Cause i be right under my opponent with the Nair and they shield it i be using the attack a decent amount of time before they touch the ground and they end up shielding it.?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Airdodging into the ground cancels into a shield I think. You probably can't hit them when that happens, but grabbing them would work.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
As far as killing goes, my FAir is almost always fresh. I might use it at the start of a match, but it usually isnt seen past 50% or so. I do all of my damage racking with slaps, turnips and counterattacks via OOS attacks/grabs and FSmash. Any other attacks are really followups to a counter or the result of an advantageous position.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I tried changing my Peach today so that I don't use fair or fsmash at all until my opponent is at killing percent. Of course, I subconsciously faird and fsmashed occasionally, but it worked out a lot better. I see that I'm using a lot more turnips, nairs, and bairs. I think I like this change =D

The only problem now is that my approaches are almost always in the air (floating), so MK's nado really kills me. I never got hit with it before, but now I get destroyed by it :(

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The only problem now is that my approaches are almost always in the air (floating), so MK's nado really kills me. I never got hit with it before, but now I get destroyed by it :(
Air approaches:
- Fair
- FC>Fair
- Dair
- FC>Dair
- FC>Nair
- Turnip>Fair
- FC>Turnip>Fair
- Bair
- Nair

Ground

- Glide toss> FC>Nair
- Glide toss>reverse Bair
- Glide toss>Nair
- Glide toss>Grab
- Glide toss>Jab
- Glide Toss>Dtilt
- Glide toss>Fsmash
- Glide toss>Fsmash
- Reverse Glide toss> Dsmash or Fsmash
- Reverse Glide toss> Bair
- Ground Float to air moves

If meta is hitting you in the air with nado, just don't be in the air. he will just Nada and timed correctly, you can clap him out of it with Fsmash. Peach is easy to hit in the air with nado. And will be expected since Peaches love to be in the air alot. So limit yourself from being in the air so much.

Top Bottom