• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

hiROI

Smash Lord
thanks for the advice on turtles. today I did a couple of friendlies with him and most of the things work. but for the two jumps to dair; I'm pretty iffy on that. but thanks to all who helped!

PeachMaster562

Smash Cadet
hey guys really need your help on these problems i face...

1. when using your aerials dair nair fair do you guys find it more better 2 use use the c stick or better 2 push up or down left or right and push the A button?

2. and im trying and gonna start to be a regular at tournaments so me as a peach mainer is it against the rules for peach to edgeguard well not really edgeguard but like throw turnips off a ledge and dair nair and fair the opponent not to knock them out but to inflict damage?

3. and is it also against the rules 2 hold onto the ledge so your opponent cant grab on because ur holding on? idk if u know wut i mean i think u do LOL i hope u do LOL
well i really hope u guys can help me THNX!
GO PEACH!!

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
hey guys really need your help on these problems i face...

1. when using your aerials dair nair fair do you guys find it more better 2 use use the c stick or better 2 push up or down left or right and push the A button?

2. and im trying and gonna start to be a regular at tournaments so me as a peach mainer is it against the rules for peach to edgeguard well not really edgeguard but like throw turnips off a ledge and dair nair and fair the opponent not to knock them out but to inflict damage?

3. and is it also against the rules 2 hold onto the ledge so your opponent cant grab on because ur holding on? idk if u know wut i mean i think u do LOL i hope u do LOL
well i really hope u guys can help me THNX!
GO PEACH!!
1. It is a matter of preference but I use the analog stick and A.

2. No, it is not against the rules to edgeguard or even edgehog. :p You are trying to force the opponent off the stage and keep them from returning by all means possible.

3. No, you can grab the ledge to prevent your opponent from grabbing it. ;)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I was playing against random lvl 9 computers for practice and I ended up in a match against peach. On her last stock she used her downb but instead of pullling out a turnip she pulled out a beam sword, is this something that just randomly happens sometimes? Oh and items were off by the way.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
I was playing against random lvl 9 computers for practice and I ended up in a match against peach. On her last stock she used her downb but instead of pullling out a turnip she pulled out a beam sword, is this something that just randomly happens sometimes? Oh and items were off by the way.
yeah this randomly happens. she could also pull out a bomb-omb, mr saturn or stitch face (turnip that does 30ish% and good knockback). doesnt matter if items are off either.

IxxI

Smash Fence
I've been trying out peach recently and I have some quick questions.

1. I seem to have trouble landing up smash. I tend to KO more with fair. How do you land the down smash with the limited range on the sides?

2. How can you edge guard with turnips? So far, I've just been throwing them straight up.

3. How often should I float to do aerials?

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying out peach recently and I have some quick questions.

1. I seem to have trouble landing up smash. I tend to KO more with fair. How do you land the down smash with the limited range on the sides?

2. How can you edge guard with turnips? So far, I've just been throwing them straight up.

3. How often should I float to do aerials?
1. up smash is really kind of a lucky hit move with peach, you shouldn't not use it, but don't keep throwing it out there expecting it to hit every time. It tends to be more effective against opponents on platforms above you (battlefield...etc...). I'm not sure if you mean down smash here, since it has crazy range on the sides, but if you do, then you should be using down smash after a successful sidestep or rolling dodge.

2. just keep throwing them at your opponent, or throw them straight down. There's also that AT that lets you pluck turnips with no lag so that could help, but I don't know how it's done, sorry. Also, don't be afraid to jump off the stage to throw a turnip as well, mix it up a bit.

3. floating aerials should be used as often as possible unless your opponent is familiar with peach's style or has gotten used to you using them. If this happens, vary up the length of how long you have to float to them before doing the aerial, also, you can throw them off by just floating a bit off the ground and performing an aerial. Lastly, you can try and fool them into being vulnerable by starting a float, going over to them, dropping the float, and just short hopping into an aerial. You should rely on both floating aerials and short hopped aerials to play peach effectively.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Are there any Peach tricks that has been discovered that isn't in the Peach guide? Such as, ways to punish rolls, mixups, turnip tricks, float tricks, etc.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Bump lol

Anyways, I'm just curious as to how peach can attack while holding a Turnip. I thought I heard that there was a way to do it, right?
I suppose I could search for it, but asking here is easier =D

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh?

That easy?

Ok cool thanks

I only knew that she could do an aerial while holding a turnip after a peach bomber......

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can hold ANY item/ projectile in your hand, and as long as you are floating, when you press A, she does an air attack and will not toss it.

Beamsword, wether floating or not, she will not toss it.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
kk I'll keep that in mind
Thanks again =D

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Did anybody ever notice that the attacks (Smash attack in particular) of a turniped-beamsword is different than that of a spawned beamsword? The beamsword that you receive from your down-b has a very close range smash attack whilst a regular beamsword has a longrange smash attack. Any reason for this?

Grn-T

Smash Rookie
What exactly is this bomber mind game? I watched a video and attempted to do it, but I just don't get it. >_< And can you DI out of PK Fire from Ness? I saw it for Lucas's up a

Grn-T

Smash Rookie
What are you talking about?
I've seen something called the "bomber mindgame". I think it's something to do with trying to get them to follow you off the edge with a peach bomber or something.. I dunno.

Nevermind about the DI thing. I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I tried earlier to a Zelda but couldn't seem to get it right. >< Trying to stay down instead of going up.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hi. I am a long time Jigglypuff main who switched to Meta knight, and I did really well with him. However I never got a sense of accomplishment when winning with him so I decieded to switch to Peach who was my 2nd in Melee. Also I enjoy working with nerfed characters. I actually like Peach in Brawl because she has some really sweet aerials, which im a big fan of. =)

My question is how do you glide toss and what are it's advantages? I read the topic on it and I didn't really understand it.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I am a long time Jigglypuff main who switched to Meta knight, and I did really well with him. However I never got a sense of accomplishment when winning with him so I decieded to switch to Peach who was my 2nd in Melee. Also I enjoy working with nerfed characters. I actually like Peach in Brawl because she has some really sweet aerials, which im a big fan of. =)

My question is how do you glide toss and what are it's advantages? I read the topic on it and I didn't really understand it.
to glidetoss you have to have a turnip in hand. then while the turnip is still in hand roll forward. you know how when you roll peach is facing forward during the beginning animation and ends up turned around by the end of the roll, well while peach is still facing forward(the longer you wait the farther you slide, but dont wait until she turned around) press the c-stick in any direction to throw the turnip. you can do this while rolling backwards too but its less effective and kinda useless.

if you b-stick the same applies except instead of c-stick in any direction you must use A and the control stick at the right time.

i hope this was clear and understandable.

its pretty important to peachs game although i dont use it much. there are some nice follow-ups like glide toss ->jab/grab, or even retreating glidetosses are useful too. its good to know.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
How about these:

1.) I want to get a good secondary for my Peach; what's a good option (besides M2K)?

2.) What is the most essential AT(s) that Peach needs? Obviously cancelling a SH into a float (forget the terminology off-hand) is the obvious answer, but what else?

Player01

Smash Journeyman
How about these:

1.) I want to get a good secondary for my Peach; what's a good option (besides M2K)?

2.) What is the most essential AT(s) that Peach needs? Obviously cancelling a SH into a float (forget the terminology off-hand) is the obvious answer, but what else?
1. i actually had a problem finding a solid secondary myself, but i would say anyone who can compete with GaW, meta(love how you refered to metaknight as M2k, like he IS the character lol), and snake. your end result would prabably be Snake(surprising i know). i believe but someone else might want to confirm that wario might be a pretty good one as well and zss (yay blondes :p)

2. As for AT's that are useable i think glide tossing is important and most used. i believe some ppl are also trying to get down that sliding turnip pull thing. i'm gonna guess you have no idea what i mean by that so i'll explain quickly.

do a dash (a quick dash, basically just tap the control stick and immediatly return it to normal)
then pull a turnip RIGHT AFTER the dash is ending and slide the control stick from the downward position forwards.
peach should slide a good distance. the timing is tight so practice. there is a thread on this, shouldnt be too old.

but yeah glide toss is def the most used. btw i believe the term you where refering to was auto-floating.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hello, I have a questions about a match-up.

How do you approach a Diddy that spams bananas and peanuts? Do any aerials out prioritize his peanuts? What aerials are good for catching bananas? I checked the vid archive for some matches, but they were either private or removed. Anyone have some good ones?

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I have a questions about a match-up.

How do you approach a Diddy that spams bananas and peanuts? Do any aerials out prioritize his peanuts? What aerials are good for catching bananas? I checked the vid archive for some matches, but they were either private or removed. Anyone have some good ones?
im not to good at mtch-up advice but this might help.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224392

i think fair and nair might outprioritize but not sure. as for catching bananas it really depends. if you want to catch it and not attack him at the same time i would think that air dodge is safest. z-catching it is the fastest.

as for banana/peanut spam, this sounds like an excellent time for toad. most if not all diddy's glide toss bananas, which means if you toad the banana they will be sliding toward toads spores.

its important you dont shield bananas too often because diddy's love to glide toss>grab.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
This is copied and pasted from my other post which didn't go so well, so I thought I'd present it here:

"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZigDEa85gdI

I am trying to replicate that, but after target #8, I don't have a jump left to get high enough to hit the 9th target. I've made sure that what I do is identical to the video, except a few things before I hit the first target. And in the video it looks as if he is jumping before hitting the first target, and I don't jump... but wouldn't that make me have the extra one and him not? I am very confused... I really want to get this riddle done, I've spent a long time on this level. @_@

And I am not new to brawl, targets, or peach (who is the only character I ever use pretty much), but I am new to the forums, so try not to use many acronyms. xD thanks. "

Is there some way that you can regain a jump after upb-ing the smart bomb? or am I doing the beginning wrong?

Player01

Smash Journeyman
This is copied and pasted from my other post which didn't go so well, so I thought I'd present it here:

"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZigDEa85gdI

I am trying to replicate that, but after target #8, I don't have a jump left to get high enough to hit the 9th target. I've made sure that what I do is identical to the video, except a few things before I hit the first target. And in the video it looks as if he is jumping before hitting the first target, and I don't jump... but wouldn't that make me have the extra one and him not? I am very confused... I really want to get this riddle done, I've spent a long time on this level. @_@

And I am not new to brawl, targets, or peach (who is the only character I ever use pretty much), but I am new to the forums, so try not to use many acronyms. xD thanks. "

Is there some way that you can regain a jump after upb-ing the smart bomb? or am I doing the beginning wrong?
hmm i think when you get hit out of your upB your only option is to upB again. so as far as i know, no there is no way to get a jump back.

just watched the vid and i dont really do target test thingie but maybe you need it DI the smart bomb correctly idk. actually that wouldnt help lol.

Player01

Smash Journeyman
All I can do is hover and up-b after hitting the smart bomb, but to be able to hit the 9th target you have to have the extra jump.
it looks like all he does is side-B until the end so you should still have your second jump. are you saying the smart bomb in a way is taking away your second jump?

hmmmm something doesnt make sence to me. if he used his upB into the smart bomb there is no way i can think of that he could ever use his second jump unless he did indeed touch the ground. perhaps ever so slightly touched it. idk, strange.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
it looks like all he does is side-B until the end so you should still have your second jump. are you saying the smart bomb in a way is taking away your second jump?
Yep, after I hit the smart bomb I can't use another jump. But I'm also confused because he actually jumps off the platform right before the first target, while I just walk off...

Player01

Smash Journeyman
Yep, after I hit the smart bomb I can't use another jump. But I'm also confused because he actually jumps off the platform right before the first target, while I just walk off...
it doesnt make a difference whether or not you jump off or walk off, once you are airbourne all you can do is use a second jump and upB.

so doesnt this mean that the vid is bull**** and he does actually touch the ground?

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
I don't see where he could possible touch the ground though... :(

You can read the comments under the video, but his answer to my question didn't make much sense to me...

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
1. i actually had a problem finding a solid secondary myself, but i would say anyone who can compete with GaW, meta(love how you refered to metaknight as M2k, like he IS the character lol), and snake. your end result would prabably be Snake(surprising i know). i believe but someone else might want to confirm that wario might be a pretty good one as well and zss (yay blondes :p)

2. As for AT's that are useable i think glide tossing is important and most used. i believe some ppl are also trying to get down that sliding turnip pull thing. i'm gonna guess you have no idea what i mean by that so i'll explain quickly.

do a dash (a quick dash, basically just tap the control stick and immediatly return it to normal)
then pull a turnip RIGHT AFTER the dash is ending and slide the control stick from the downward position forwards.
peach should slide a good distance. the timing is tight so practice. there is a thread on this, shouldnt be too old.

but yeah glide toss is def the most used. btw i believe the term you where refering to was auto-floating.
Yup; auto-floating, that's the one.

I've got glide tossing down. I've just got to do the turnip slide move. I fought a good Peach who did this, so I knew what you meant. That actually was my intent: I was wondering whether that was worth learning; after I fought the Peach I thought it was worth looking up. Thx. Got a vid tutorial for it?

Top Bottom