• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Board for Dummies/Peach Chatroom and General Discussion[GO PEACHKID!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Meno, I think you did some insta-floating... but one match, right at the very start, I ran over and dair'd you for a stupid reason, but it sweetspotted. I think you then proceeded to beat me up.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno, I think you did some insta-floating... but one match, right at the very start, I ran over and dair'd you for a stupid reason, but it sweetspotted. I think you then proceeded to beat me up.
Well, it's not for no reason I have a 2-1 win/lose ratio on All is Brawl. :bee:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
You do? Seriously?

No wonder. >_>

I wonder what my win-loss ratio is overall... I'm gonna say half and half, but that's not including the early days of WiFi where I used to blow away people on FF with other characters that I used to use.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Those wondering how my tournament went on saturday.

The tourny in NY was bull. 170 people and the store was not expecting that. So they ran both doubles and singles. Which was stupid. They should have ran singles. Anyway doubles took forever. After that they had to do pools cause they were crying about time. Rules for the first round of pools was this:

- 1 match

- 3 stocks

-5 mins

- all random legal stages.

Not how pools are played and ********. But them going about time, so thats how it was. Anyway, top 4 from each pool would advance to the brackets. I think my pool finished first. I got 3rd seat in my pool. Then I hear that rules were changed dude to time. they changed it to top 2 make it our to singles. 3rd and 4th have to leave and go home. I was pissed as hell Same with alot of people who came from N.J and even P.A. *****ing about time. But what was funny was singles still tool a while. So they change the rules again, and said let this tournament end at w/e time. After I found out this rule change from the thread I got pissed more.

Reguardless, it was not gonna end by 2-3 am. They could have took people who made 3rd and 4th in pools to brackets. And after BUM (best DK on the EC) Talked to them about it, the store said it could have been done. I was cheated out of my money, and cheated to place well at a tournament. This tournament I can't even add to my recorded of tournaments. Most of New York and people OOS who came to this dont care about it. It was terrible. They wasted time with both singles and doubles. Thats why you did not see me report anything in here........how can I?

BentoBox

Smash Master
@D.P: That sucks :[, at least you can consider yourself lucky that you lived in town? D:

go get one..why don't you have one anyway?
I had one when the game came out but then I needed money asap and I was disappointed by Brawl at the time and I had to focus on my studies, etc. Oh, and the e3 made me cry; the Wii is far from being a great console. So I sold it, but I had intended on keeping Brawl... but I just -had- to forget the disc in the Wii when I sold it ._." I now have a PS3 and it's great fun, but I don't know of many people who even own one, so I'm limited to playing online mostly and without proper voice chat support, it gets lonely :[. I'm contemplating selling it and getting a better comp instead, but we'll see. Little Big Planet is coming out soon :chuckle:~ I still get to play at my weeklies once a week (6hrs), and I seem to be improving at a steady pace but I don't often get to test things out by myself. But again, dishing out 250 for a single game doesn't sound to appealing x_x", and back when I sold it, there weren't that many must-buys with actual replay value~

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He probably means it must've sucked hard for people who had to come in from out-of-town, or worse yet, out-of-state.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Yea like me i place 3rd or 4th in my pool and got eliminated because of the stupid rules so gay.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
how many of you have tried the wavedash and l-cancel hack?
i want to do it but im missing zelda and the sd card

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
**** yeah. my friend helped me use Metro's site to find an easy bus route to this tourney on Sunday since he knows the every bus in the city like the back of his hand. I'm about 80% sure ima attend my first tourney. even though I play other characters and have zelda as my old main ima try to rep with straight Peach. idk how well i'll do but we'll see. wish me luck (in the tourney and more importantly, not getting lost or missing a bus or that kind of b.s). :p

AAP

Smash Journeyman
i have both zelda and the card but have yet to try the hack. I just barely got into wavedashing before brawl released and it wasn't very crucial to peachs melee game. i do miss L cancels for DK, he would be BAD ***. but i like peach the way she is.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Speaking of Peachs Dair, has anyone ever had the 4th hit send your enemy straight downward before?
You know, This happened to me for the first time 2 days ago when I was playing someone online. I thought I was going crazy for a min. I think its in the same logic as when her Fair can send the enemy straight to the floor.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Good news Peaches. I now have mod capabilities in the Peach forums, so stickies, closed threads, etc I am capable of here! This should keep things organized and going more efficiently.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I agree with Dark, close that thread at once.

Joking Joking!! *holds Toad up for protection -Royal Protection to be precise*
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Edreese, do you have any idea about Peachs Dair spiking? At first I thought my opponent was DI'ing out of the 3rd hit and faceplanting against the floor and I mistook it for the 4th hit...but after playing a few matches I'm positive that the 4th hit sent the Ness I was fighting straight down, smack bang into the floor

Imagine if we could find a way to make it always do that...broken much

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've never ever seen that happen before, so unfortunately I can't come up with any educated guess as to why that happened...it boggles my mind, really..you sure you didn't footstool them right after the down air? Or was there a ceiling above you? Dunno..

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I most definatly didn't footstool him as I tried to follow up with another Dair...which didn't work because he faceplanted right into the floor.

It only ever seems to happen when I'm reasonably close to the ground, around 2/3's of a full jump Float? I have yet to replicate this by accident in the air...iit would be incredible if there was a way to abuse it as a spike...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Good news Peaches. I now have mod capabilities in the Peach forums, so stickies, closed threads, etc I am capable of here! This should keep things organized and going more efficiently.
YES.

I honestly do think, without bias, the Peach boards are one of the most productive in the entire character set. This will make us godly.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
*GASP*

This is more than a discussion board... you can say things here instead of pming 85000 people... AND you can ask questions here instead of opening a new thread... which just clutters the boards
No, I like the Q & A Thread, it gives questions its own space - especially for newbies. If I didn't see it soon, I would have made it. :D

This is more of a "So, random, slightly Peach-related, thought..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom