• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OMG FiZZ is back Stupendous "Critique my Lucario" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
When I get me Wii back I will for sure upload my Lucario Brawl and Brawl+ matches.
I seriously want to upload a SERIOUS match with my lucario into youtube. unfortunately i dont have a camera, and my wifi sucks balls (red connection) so all my wifi matches in youtube are ********. :(

tedward2000

Smash Champion
0.o bumped think i got missed.
Everyone has potential.

The convo in the back and the fire alarm beeping was a nice touch, gives the video a "at home feeling"

haha anyways.

One thing I saw was sniping (the atempt) of aura sphere. More often then not when you fired your AS, it was from across the other side of the screen. This is not good.

When AS if fired from just a far distance and with enough time, it's shield-able. However, your lucario is no where near to punish him when MK does shield.

As advice, try using the tactic of using AS as a bait, so stand closer when you do fire just huge trucks of aura (but you did get a kill, so congrats on that)

Also, spacing. This is your biggest problem (this ties in with firing AS). Forcepalms, DT's, grabs, downsmashes, grabs. All missed in the this match due to your spacing. Spacing is key while playing lucario. Proper spacing vital really. If you do space right, you'll get those grabs, and AS's and so forth.

Look into pivot grabbing, this will help your grabbing game. I saw in this video you missed a few grabs due to you where facing the wrong way. Pivoting the grab will solve this. Dash pivot grabbing gives you a bigger range of grab, and will help turn your cario.

You did transition well between offensive and defensive, but because of spacing your defensive fell through.
-t2

iRJi

Smash Champion
Mm. I am actually uploading Videos now. I am labeling them accordingly as I am going through steps to put myself back into a good place to go to tourney's. Im calling them "Boot camp" Training sessions. I think these will be good things to watch, so if you guys are interested, go to my youtube channel. This week it's only going to be pierce, But following that I will try to get all my crew members. They are ADHD, Umbra, BSC, Bleachigo, Rookie, Ryko and Pierce. I wil also try to get others from outside my crew members like M2k and Adomsk if i ever get the chance.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
...I have a video but its extremely old i need to upload a newer version which ill do this weekend maybe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8pUJIjNRE go ahead and rate it if you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPWb5uW-p_k
want, this was a few years ago tho, i havent got a really "good" camera and thats whats been holding me back from making vids
1. Please get a new camera or something, this could really help your gameplay because then I might be able to see Lucario. :laugh:
2. Don't play with Smash Balls on. >_>

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
Nice Aurasphere kills :), but work on your spacing and timing. There were several times when your attacks -- had they been made a second or so later -- would have connected. Get to know Pit's (or whatever character you're playing) ranges with his moves, and don't be predictable with your recovery or your air dodges (2:08). Opponents will try to predict your landing time/air dodge and will react accordingly. If you throw off their prediction by even a second (e.g. landing more slowly than predicted b/c of dair), it can save you a stock. Or, if you want to really throw them off, trying predicting when they'll hit you and use double team. Really risky, but the expression on their faces is priceless if it connects. XD

Also, good job predicting when Pit will predict your Aurasphere (nothing more embarrassing that losing a stock from a reflected aurasphere XD).

And.. er... that's all I've got. Hope it helps! :)

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
^About Pit predicting your AS, you know you have a sheild button. <_<
Which makes it even more embarrassing to lose a stock from this. I usually fire my FCAS point-blank (or as close as possible to reduce the opponent's reaction time), but sometimes the distance is far enough so that the opponent has time to reflect but I don't have time to shield. Reflected AS also travels way faster than normal ones.

This is bad news especially at high percentages... >_>;;

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
lucario getting killed via aurasphere is so shameful he droops his ears for the rest of the tourney.

so as Isai said, Dont get hit.

seriously though, its not always important to fire an FCAS point blank. it may just be shielded and you will get punished. It's also a projectile. dont use it like its Fsmash. it may help more as cover fire giving how slow it moves. Lucario is actually fast enough (but just barely) to attack in conjunction with an AS. also, BAS is great for baiting your opponent. some might attempt to just attack through it and put themselves at a disadvantage.

and remember that you must be very unpredictable with AS. no matter how close you are it doesnt matter if your opponent knows your going to throw it anyway.

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
Oops, sorry if I sounded like I only throw AS at point-blank. I meant that sometimes the reflected AS situation happens (not nearly as much now as it did before in my ultra-nooby days, though XD). I really do try to mix up the AS usage and be versatile with it when I fight now.

Thanks for the advice, nonetheless. :3

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Guys how do I deal with MK UpB, MK Ftilt, and times where I'm just forced to approach a patient MK for whatever reason [pretty much his shield].

andddd...

how do I find situations where its safe for me to shoot my AS at his nado/situations to use Aurasphere in general.

oh

and dair

that dair is bull****.

I lost to 2 MKs in tourney the other day :< I need to fix this because I was plenty confident in this MU before that.

I might have a vid up soon. I just need to record it

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
a fullhop MK dair is safe on block against most chars, but i think Luc can actually uptilt before the next dair.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
My Matches Vs. Seibrik at Pound4 Check them out critique. I make a lot of mistakes Game 1, but I think I was nervous even though that's no excuse for bad playing! (And Seibrik is really good lol) I swear I win game 2 though lol. I have some more video's to upload here sometime in the next few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFQt4E_19w Game 1 and 2 (MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-gNHFpZcEc Game 3 (D3)

Zucco

Smash Master
o shiz that was recorded? good stuff fonz. (goes to watch now)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Good matches but you do realize if he didn't SD so early in the 3rd match it would of been a different ball game.

Just saying.

Zucco

Smash Master
His fault for Sding, plus it was his CP. No johns if your CP screws you over.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I guess he was afraid of him adapting, fonz wasn't exactly playing at his normal level first round. However, Lylat isn't exactly baaaaad for Lucario, I could see him doing some really nasty stuff with MK on a stupid CP afterwards to the point where it wouldn't matter if he caught on lol.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I guess he was afraid of him adapting, fonz wasn't exactly playing at his normal level first round. However, Lylat isn't exactly baaaaad for Lucario, I could see him doing some really nasty stuff with MK on a stupid CP afterwards to the point where it wouldn't matter if he caught on lol.
He went D3 game 3 because he said he was very nervous after game 2, and he wanted to see if D3 could do better If I remember correctly. Don't quote me on that.

Zucco

Smash Master
I dunno man, I kept beating Shadow on Lylat. I always lose the set but that stage helps me so much lol. on a different note, WHY DO SO MANY LUCARIOS BRING METAS TO FRIGATE?! it really doesnt help you as much as you think. Stage 1 is just horrible, stage 2 is good though. I still dont think its worth bringing metaknight there.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^I concur with the above post. I usually avoid Frigate against people that have a better recovery and gimp game than Lucario, like Wario or MK.

/meatride

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lylat is an amazing stage for lucario.

i thought you all would have noticed by now. whenever I cp with lucario if I dont go halberd out of personal preference, I always pick lylat. the tilting and the low platforms make it easy for him to controll the stage.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
lylat is an amazing stage for lucario.

i thought you all would have noticed by now. whenever I cp with lucario if I dont go halberd out of personal preference, I always pick lylat. the tilting and the low platforms make it easy for him to controll the stage.
Yes but sometimes you can get stage gimped. Other than that a good overall stage.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Lylat is ok for the same reasons Battlefield is.

The contant moving makes it **** VS DDD tho [you can escape his CG at certain angles with the correct DI]

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Lylat is ok for the same reasons Battlefield is.

The contant moving makes it **** VS DDD tho [you can escape his CG at certain angles with the correct DI]
Very true and valid points. Which still brings the question why he counterpcked Lylat? It makes no sense to me.

Zucco

Smash Master
Lucario's recovery is good enough to make sure you don't get gayed. just practice the curves so you dont mess up. And since we are talking about stages for metaknight, DONT BRING HIM TO YOSHI'S. The stage is too small to control and the walls only hurt you since its so obvious you are going to land there.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Since we are on the topic of tournaments I want to bring up an idea for a thread. I am thinking of creating a "Lucario: How to Prepare for a Tournament" thread. I think this would benefit everyone and everyone can put input on this idea.

Any thought? Good, bad, stupid?

Zucco

Smash Master
I dont know if there's really enough information to warrant a thread on just that.

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
Since we are on the topic of tournaments I want to bring up an idea for a thread. I am thinking of creating a "Lucario: How to Prepare for a Tournament" thread. I think this would benefit everyone and everyone can put input on this idea.

I like the idea of a thread like this. It could cover tech exercises to practice, tips on dealing with mentality issues while/before fighting, and insights from more experienced tournament go-ers for people who are newer to them. Even if it seems like all this is common knowledge, it's funny to see how sometimes this knowledge isn't as common as one might think.

Plus, even if it seems like not much could be done with a thread like this at the moment, we'll never know until the thread is made. We might find that as the discussions continue and more people contribute, useful discoveries or strategies could be discovered.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think a thread like this is definitely worth a shot.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
The reason I take metaknights to frigate is because of the recovery options. Platforms appear on both forms, and allow you to get your jumps back or survive what could of been a certain gimp. Also metaknight cannot grab the ledge on the right hand side of stage 1 making it easy to trap him into F-smashes or AS's when he gets knocked off the stage. Also Lucario can wall cling which helps recovery, allows back airs when returning to the map, B-reversals onto the stage for AS's. And I haven't done research exactly but I like the size of the stage against MK's so I counterpick them there constantly.

Also Stage 2 allows you to avoid being Dair camped to tornado spam. the dip in the middle is perfect for camping under against MK's. Also the platform above makes it easy. It makes it harder to AS spam but it's well worth it for map control. Also I think the stage is fairly large allowing decent spacing and map control.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
What I do know is that I can name a bajillion characters that hate Lylat more than we do, several of which are tough MUs (spacies, anyone?), or generally higher in tier.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman

i think that we should add a section to the lucario guide, and then have a thread that acts like the MU exports for ppl who want to add to it or who disagree with the advice in preparing for a tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom