• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OMG FiZZ is back Stupendous "Critique my Lucario" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Isn't it one of the rules where you CANNOT show a vid where you totally **** your opponent?

hough123

Smash Ace
Isn't it one of the rules where you CANNOT show a vid where you totally **** your opponent?
Yes, I'd like to get Phil to delete my post, and all posts regarding the video due to their nature. I hope that that's fine with you guys. (It would only be the ones in this thread)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Yes, I'd like to get Phil to delete my post, and all posts regarding the video due to their nature. I hope that that's fine with you guys. (It would only be the ones in this thread)
yep. you were so cruel hough. you should have sandbagged :/

kidding. sandbagging only makes stuff worse.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay here I go:

1. More Fsmash and Dsmash
2. Shield
3. Too Predictable, with recovery and attacking
4. Too Offensive, at high percents charge your AS.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Okay here I go:

1. More Fsmash and Dsmash
2. Shield
3. Too Predictable, with recovery and attacking
4. Too Offensive, at high percents charge your AS.
More F Smash agaist snake???

Im pretty much already trying to fix the rest this is bout 2 moths old in wich ive been working out stuff and gotten much better, ill try getting recent vids i guess :ohwell:

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
my only advice is to ftilt more or cp pikachu. You don't even need to be that good to win as pikachu. jsut dthrow chain, usmash, thunder.
because ultimately, the best way to be a better Lucario is to not use him at all. amidoinitrite

also the matchup for Snake isn't even a counter really. It's all about outplaying your opponent. just get better if you're having trouble vs. snake.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
because ultimately, the best way to be a better Lucario is to not use him at all. amidoinitrite

also the matchup for Snake isn't even a counter really. It's all about outplaying your opponent. just get better if you're having trouble vs. snake.
Yeah im actually not doing that bad vs snake it was just that one mach and its the only one i have recorded... =(

and fox im getting better but tkd is too good...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Snake is actually one of my more favorite MUs, lots of guess and Rock paper scissors scenarios where the only real advantage snake has is a better pressure game that only is as good as you are bad at dealing with it and more reliable killpower.

@da KID: critique coming soon on this post.

ROB video on Halberd: Can't say much except that lots of your tactics would change if ROB knew the MU more, he really needs to buckle his gimp/edgeguard game more instead of just camping, and needs moar glidetoss from ROB to setup for more damage and possible gimp scenarios. I'd frankly lose AA -> FP since on players that actually play the MU more this is an obsolete string pretty much that will land you in a lot of trouble, I'd frankly focus more on AAA/A-> grab once he learns to DI the double jabs. I'd roll into the opponent less, you did do the smart thing in crossing his dtilt though, overall you did well with ROB's zoning, although I think he could space a little better imo, if he does, I'd really start banging him up with jabs and grabs to send him in the air. fact: Nair is useless within a jump's worth away from a good lucario almost always, fair seems to magically destroy it if used correctly. ROB is also in that easy to string category, so use a little more fair -> nair or fair -> uair to set up for a jab/grab/utilt after for more juggles. I'd work a little more on conserving use of roll, and work on your approaching as you personally, regardless of if it doesn't seem to be as easy against him. imo he needs to improve his ROB as well.

ROB on SV: This video was a loooooot better. I'd still work on using far more uairs since it has a trap ala falco bair uair if the opponent ADs or whiffs an aerial (get a free nair/dair) I think you have a really solid base here, I want you to work on crossups as your next part, it isn't as good against ROB due to dsmash, but this can really help get into that blindspot in the back as opposed to having to deal with those annoying poking tilts -> reads, and fair's low lag helps AD mixups become more useful, plus it can land FP sometimes more reliably than out of jabs which in turn allow you more "combo time" power.

MK video: Is JJ a bad ZSS stage? If not, I honestly think that Snakeee could've won on a risky CP like that if he camped with MK after a lead. I would be very careful about using dair, some of the punishes were close, but overall you had some really good reads in there. I would also advise that when you start becoming more attuned to what your opponent personally does, I'd start using more uthrow in your game. Why? Because getting a read on a dair or AD (typical MK behavior) gets you a free ftilt/utilt/fsmash. It's a really good underused pattern learning tool. Another move I'd use less is FP, it was fortunate that Snakeee didn't know how to get out of the two jab setup (this is normally pretty easy for MK to do) but I'd learn to rely on that less and less, only use it occasionally as a mixup as opposed to more of a staple (it's really addictive though, I gotta admit I use it a just a little more than I probably should lol). Good camping.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
he stayed lucario on the cp. If they're playing by sbr rules, then his opponent would pick fox and then Ice gets to choose. It would've at least allowed him to go on to match number 3. (yes i am fully aware that doing this doesn't solve the initial problem of losing to fox in the first place)

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
he stayed lucario on the cp. If they're playing by sbr rules, then his opponent would pick fox and then Ice gets to choose. It would've at least allowed him to go on to match number 3. (yes i am fully aware that doing this doesn't solve the initial problem of losing to fox in the first place)
You said to CP Pikachu, I didn't even watch the video. Having to CP a character =/= character advice, Lucario can handle most non-DDD matchups.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
You said to CP Pikachu, I didn't even watch the video. Having to CP a character =/= character advice, Lucario can handle most non-DDD matchups.
^ that is true.

any way character advice wont help much in that situation since tkd is above my current level of gameplay...

But fox its quite hard...

I would like to hear what would you guys do if a Fox is lasser camping??

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
^ that is true.

any way character advice wont help much in that situation since tkd is above my current level of gameplay...

But fox its quite hard...

I would like to hear what would you guys do if a Fox is lasser camping??
his laser camping doesn't screw Lucario unlike Falco's. you can usually corner him in neutrals and force the fight near the edge if you know how to block his Illusion.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
either camp back or approach very slowly.

fox doesnt shoot lasers to build damage.

people dont understand this so I will say it again.

fox DOES NOT shoot lasers build damage.

they do it to refresh their up smash, and to get you to approach haphazardly.

because when he got you to approach stupidly, he got to punish your 4% fair with a 24% fair out of shield. thats where the real damage comes from.

you have to know that the lasers, after they hit you 2-3 times, only do about 1% apiece. he can pop them off really quickly but they still do crap damage. no charge aura sphere does like 6%, so if you hitting him with one ball = like 5-10 seconds worth of camping for him, than hes at a disadvatage. and please dont bring up his reflector, he cant do two things at once. so if you hit him with aura while hes still in the air trying to shoot you, he cant reflect it, the only time he can reflect it is when you are shooting them haphazardly (what the fox wants) and you shoot it at a time after the fox lands so he can shoot it back at you.

also, its basically 1% per hit with no hitstun. dont try to jump over it or some how avoid the lasers, thats dumb. just take the 3-5 percent so you can just walk up to him and grab him out of the air for 10-20 damage.

you are going to take the damage regardless no matter what with foxs lasers, so just do more damage than he does. number 1 its not hard cus laser do nothing. and number 2. fox is stupidly light so any damage you get on him is worth it. lucario can take a couple hits, fox cant.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
either camp back or approach very slowly.

fox doesnt shoot lasers to build damage.

people dont understand this so I will say it again.

fox DOES NOT shoot lasers build damage.

they do it to refresh their up smash, and to get you to approach haphazardly.

one would think but that isn't the case here....
I didn't hesitate to approach bc i know how tkd plays and he does and will keep lassering me till i approach him or until i have 90%...

iRJi

Smash Champion
his laser camping doesn't screw Lucario unlike Falco's. you can usually corner him in neutrals and force the fight near the edge if you know how to block his Illusion.
This is wrong sir =].

Infact, Foxs camping is a lot harder to get around in terms of damage, since it would be almost completely pointless to perfect shield them. In terms of setups however, Falco takes the cake. The thing about this is Falco's overall is easier to avoid, while in fox's case, the only way to stop him from blasting you is to remain close at all times.

Also, Fox is harder to stay close then Falco is in terms of shear speed. You can get Falco cornered on smaller stages, so he can't abuse the Phantasm. Fox however, will get around you just by running away normally. Fox is a bit trickier to stay closer to then falco is.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I don't think KID is saying "Don't approach", that's silly.

What I think he's saying is that the little damage you get from being patient and making a better move is far better than the punishment from an arbitrary decision that comes from the mentality of "Zomg I'm being shot at, gotta rush him" so to speak. So many people think that the laser chunks on huge amounts of damage if they aren't stopping it immediately, and in reality you just have to play patient and weigh your move, since Fox is ridiculously good at approaching approaches.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You got read with utilt waaaaaay too much, try bairing at higher percents, it's safer on shield at those percents and when spaced/FF just right can be hard to punish, plus it's nice killpower + damage.

Also if he's trying to ftilt BAS, go on an "off note" figuratively, meaning that there's a window of time that's small where if you didn't throw your BAS immediately and he ftilted you can throw it out while still charging.
He was merciful, he didn't edgeguard you like crazy, or be stupid and GR you offstage to get you in that uncomfortable zone where you HAVE to use your double jump more.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Happy BDay Flame. Your spacing with fsmash was extremely off, you kept attacking his shield, and really didn't use a lot of your moves safely.

Work on pivot grabbing, cause he did chase after you, put his shield up or spot dodged whenever you got close to him. Start mixing up your approach and try to keep Dedede off stage, and when you see him about to attack to ward you away from him, anticipate it and rush in under him or over him, depending how high he is obviously.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I'm really bad if I'm pressured and not playing a MU I'm familiar with.. which is like twofold here [the pressure of getting grabbed. [Things I have to work on as a player.]

I'll have to work with my ground spacing I guess then, so thanks there.

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah... enforce the safety thing. it was MAJOR in those matches, so many times if your attack got shielded or dodged you set yourself right up for a grab, utilt, fair or any other hard hitting attacks. its not so much about spacing as it is simply not doing it at all. trying to uair ddd from such a height that he can dair and still hit the ground without the dair lag? give his a reason not to directly attack your attacks, threaten to punish his lag if he does something, dont just run into him when hes in the advantageous position. Also with AS, yous use of it was not threatening at all and it rarely ever pressured DDD into making a wrong move. throwing FCAS from so far away or spamming bas after bas when its getting shielded constantly as ddd approaches cant end well :(

Zucco

Smash Master
theres no reason to get close to ddd at all when you are in KO percentages. just back the **** off and camp like a gay, and I mean a raging homo gay. listen to what the others said too, I dont need to repeat the same thing lolol.

o yeah, adorable song on smashville <3

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
he was one of the best, he will be sorely missed. but junebug is still there scoring really high for a lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom