• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count

Smash Champion
I don't get how Wyatt's ego is huge?

Better than a lot of people who think they're amazing despite having little/no accomplishments.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, I'm just being grumpy today. I have to pack for college to leave tomorrow and I'm nowhere near done yet, and I've been very frustrated by it. Lo siento :(
You can't leave yet. D:

tibs7

Smash Champion
What's happening with gnes at apex? Any updates?
What happened to him in doubles?

Player-1

Smash Legend
gnes got 3rd in doubles, idk about singles, i assume he ***** his pools 1st seed both times.

Diddys, I need your help. For some reason people think ADHD/Gnes/NL/Dekar are good diddys or something and no one is voting for me for best diddy, EVEN AFTER I 2 stocked ADHD on skyworld over wifi. I clearly shoot the most peanuts too so go here and vote for me (click the thread link in the upper left corner)

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10916330&postcount=132

ADHD

Smash Hero
Meh

You've done your part for Diddy, so I don't see letting someone else have the spotlight becoming a problem.

The only problem I see is your ego preventing you from seeing the screen, but since it's MK I guess it doesn't matter.

Yeah, it'll matter just as much as I think anyone will care that you're not playing Diddy anymore.

They won't.

IMO, you can just gtfo because your ego is stretching the screen and I don't have time to scroll through your need for attention.

<3
This post is rather confusing, and I have no idea if I should take it seriously or not :p

Feng Shui

Smash Cadet
Question: I've got a friend who, due to playing my Diddy so much, is now as good with bananas as me. He mains Falco, but I'm not really as concerned about the matchup as I am about dealing with opponents who are reasonably skilled with naners.

lolWhat do I do? Been reading a lot of matchup threads, but none really describe what to do if your opponent gets your naners.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Question: I've got a friend who, due to playing my Diddy so much, is now as good with bananas as me. He mains Falco, but I'm not really as concerned about the matchup as I am about dealing with opponents who are reasonably skilled with naners.

lolWhat do I do? Been reading a lot of matchup threads, but none really describe what to do if your opponent gets your naners.
You get them back, or learn how to play without them better. Both aren't hard to do, and you should be better at both than your opponent once you start playing Diddy more.

Use Shield Bouncing somewhat extensively, learn how to Instant Throw the Bananas back at them, practice catching them with various methods, learn to read your opponent and time attacks/Barrel Cancels when they throw the Bananas, and you'll start doing fine in no time. If all else fails, only use one Banana or only pull them when you're sure they can't get them.

Again, the more you play Diddy, the less of a problem this will be; I promise. Also, the reason you haven't seen this discussed in Match-Up threads is because the vast majority of non-Diddy mains have no idea how to use Bananas well unless they play a Diddy regularly. Ergo, the issue doesn't present itself often enough to warrant discussion. I made the Potassium Overdose thread for this purpose, try checking that out (there is a link in the Kongpendium). If you want to start conversation in that thread, go on ahead and bump it; nobody should mind.

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Whats the main usefuleness of the single dribble..movement, mindgames, retreating, all of the above? Just curious, im second'ing Diddy and hes becoming so much fun. He has so much you can do with him and just trying to learn the utilities..

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I just started playing some DDK, but one option I am really enjoying with the single dribble is a move mentioned in the Diddy guide. Once an opponent gets close while approaching, dribble backwards once, don't pick up the banana, and charge an fsmash.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Well anxiety all of the above and more, like for example the ability to dribble under someones shield is fantastic.

Its the move with a 1000 uses

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Well anxiety, peanuts and bananananas... :D
Underneath someone's shield? As in going through them with the dribble? Like starting on the left of them and dribbling thru them and end up on the right of them?

Just trying to make sure i understand what your saying.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Yeah pretty much lol, Im sure someone else here can explain the specifics better than I can but...yeah it works

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
so when you dribble underneath someone's shield, the banana hits the ground and shieldpokes their feet, so it makes them trip when their shield is running low. if their shield is at full health, it most likely won't work unless they are tilting it up.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It's funny but if you tilt your shield down while falco is lasering you, you won't get hit but if you crouch down you will get hit

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I've tripped several people by sliding a Banana under their Shield (using the sliding Banana glitch or by throwing it down near them)... Are you guys saying that if they tilted their Shields down, they wouldn't slip? If so, does it really matter, because as soon as they drop their Shield to do anything, wouldn't they slip (even if they Roll)?

Also, most people I play against complain about how they think Diddy can be closer to an opponent's Banana without slipping, but I insist that it's simply because of experience with a Banana's hitbox. Are they right in any way? Is Diddy able to get closer to a Banana than other characters? I don't have a Wii to test it atm >.>

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I've tripped several people by sliding a Banana under their Shield (using the sliding Banana glitch or by throwing it down near them)... Are you guys saying that if they tilted their Shields down, they wouldn't slip? If so, does it really matter, because as soon as they drop their Shield to do anything, wouldn't they slip (even if they Roll)?
That seems like a safe assumption.

Also, most people I play against complain about how they think Diddy can be closer to an opponent's Banana without slipping, but I insist that it's simply because of experience with a Banana's hitbox. Are they right in any way? Is Diddy able to get closer to a Banana than other characters? I don't have a Wii to test it atm >.>
I think this is just a common misconception because Diddy's dash attack is so good for picking up bananas, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom