• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
My diddy wears the iron boots and shoots expolsive peanuts.

+5 strength, +100 ranged.

Top tier. I laff at ze snake.

(But in all seriousness the only snake I've played properly was Attila and I got stomped on).

tibs7

Smash Champion
Sure it's not that bad, but it's not good.

Yeah bro it will be amazing. It's in the aus thread somewhere.

happytif

Smash Cadet
dudes, sometime when i grab a banana on air, right out of the ledge and try to throw it back to the stage, instead I do a bair? Does anyone know how/when that happens? it could be useful to surprise someone edgeguarding!

tibs7

Smash Champion
Omg please leave this thread.
A char that has to work twice as hard to get a kill than the other char is at a disadvantage simple really.
You're gonna come back and say diddy combo's snake anyway. But this is only true to about 40-50%.
We cop a few hits and are ready to die. So please stfu and leave.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
that was unnecessary.

snake gets knocked around, even at high percents. once offstage, he really shouldn't be able to reset the situation, so diddy will ko him eventually. and diddy combos into kill moves, anyway.

diddy is an amazing character. stop acting like he's not.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Omg please leave this thread.
A char that has to work twice as hard to get a kill than the other char is at a disadvantage simple really.
You're gonna come back and say diddy combo's snake anyway. But this is only true to about 40-50%.
We cop a few hits and are ready to die. So please stfu and leave.
LMAO for some reason I found that funny.

The matchup is even in theory if you spike snake every stock at 100, otherwise it's imbalanced because he lives forever. I don't know, I'm used to it by now and I don't get hit or discouraged by snake (unless I trip into stuff).

You have to utilize fair and constantly grab him to force him offstage where he can't hit you.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
You have to utilize fair and constantly grab him to force him offstage where he can't hit you.
the best part of using fair is that it doesnt explode grenades if used properly and LOL isai logic...diddy too good at using isai logic xD

happytif

Smash Cadet
you mean like a walljump -> bair?
Nope, like, I banana pull near the end of the stage, them i jump, grab it and attempt to throw it back onstage, but instead, i bair, and that's AFTER I picked the banana... Like, 2~3 seconds after sometimes...

It can't just be happening to me =P

Player-1

Smash Legend
do a dash then do a turn around while throwing the item and it makes you turn around and you can do it every direction except forward

edit: my bad, you don't do the turn around, you just do the dash and then stop the dash so you slide and you can JCT down so I guess it's preference if you wnat to do an RAR

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Both ways work, and personally I find the RAR a bit easier to understand.

TIF: If you grab a Banana with an Aerial, you'll keep doing Aerials instead of throwing the Banana until you hit the ground. You can get around this by throwing the Banana with Z (Grab) instead of A or the C-Stick.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im never going to pictochat again. **** that piece of **** muther****ing *** *** stage jesus **** man.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
all the above, plus while gettin cg'd a wall appeared and it wouldnt go away, and when i wanted to barrel on stage the giant *** block pyramid appeared and exploded my barrels and immediately made me go to the blast zone. T.T **** pictochat. its back to smashville and battlefield for me >_>

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i dont wanna hope for things to happen. i want for sure things aka for sure wins...so all bout neutrals/rc baby.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Love norfair, but I'm going to learn the **** out of RC.

1. Too be ******
2. The local snake and everyone else in Melbourne (to an extent) loves Norfair.
3. I WANT TO BANANA LOCK A ***** ON THE SHIPS WALL
4. Player-1's recovery on RC in 'Simian Oath'. Wow, Wow.

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
hi guyz =D
how would i start off using diddy?
and how would i learn to play with bananas?
experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom