• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Read the Kongpendium; it's got all you need to know about Diddy. From beginners stuff all the way through to advanced techniques.

First thing to do is to work on Glide Tossing (would be explained in Kongpendium, Youtube is also a great resource). Go in to training and work on GTing (Glide tossing). GT forwards and backwards, downwards (dribbling).

Mastering Glide Tossing is essential when learning to play Diddy.

BUT DONT FORGET HOW IMPORTANT THE REST OF YOUR GAME IS :D

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
i've got glide tossing down =D
and i read the kongpendium like a year ago when i wanted to use diddy but never did :(
but i read it again 2 days ago :D
i meant like how i approach/throw bananas
thanks =D

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Z-catching and Instant throwing are great as well.
Also Try doing aerials with bananas where you Z-drop at the top of your full hop or short hop and immediately aerial.

The better your bananas are, to an extent, the better you are.

Things i like to do is to go on to Shadow Moses Island (yeah it's banned whatever) and practice Double Banana Locking into a Wall infinite. Good fun. I also like to set the level 9 CPU to attack and just let him hit me into the walls so i can tech >.>

This video is a good watch for general training:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_9G2yhjpcc

I find that as a fairly new Diddy myself (well to tournies at least) that I get caught up in how awesome all the stuff I'm doing is (i.e focusing too much on doing stuff) rather than actually playing my opponent. Make sure that your predominantly watching what your opponent is doing and hopefully you will have the tech to react how you want when you want.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
GUYS!!! I finally BDACUS'd!!!! after months of practice, I've done it once. It feels good. but I think I'm done with it now. kaithx4listening.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Do NOT pm me :/

I've gotten about 6 pms this week from random people asking to play me on wifi or to just blatantly tell them how to play the char. You can if it's really specific, i'm not that much of a douche.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
be smart >_>
This is really good advice but also dumb

LaIotun already knows how to insta throw and z catch, he knows how to tech etc
He wants to know Diddy's options, how to approach (This is probably match up specific but w/e).

inb4 "I think you should just watch 28340932482934 vids of ADHD/Gnes etc and just experience it yourself"

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
It'd be really epic if we all took the time to master PSNL and good approaches for it :l

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
do we really STILL need to all learn PSNL?
I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now. What should take its place?

EDIT: Something to do with the SBR Ruleset 3.0 maybe? Like, Learn2DistantPlanet or something

It'd be really epic if we all took the time to master PSNL and good approaches for it :l
Shame that will never happen... ever.

lol is it even worth it? xD
I'll contest that the BDACUS is one technique that hasn't been given its fair share of time to develop. As of now, I'll admit that we have nothing to use it with, but I really feel like someone will find something rather useful with it eventually.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I bdacus a lot against marth and MK, cus it's a good way to get out of their pressure stuff and get my bananas out.
Well I try at least, I fail so much at bdacus :/

I still think the grizzfinite is a discovery as huge as glide tossing, if not huge-er ô_o
And I can't ****ing pull it off because I have such a bad tech skill, when I set it up like twice a match but I can't infinite... It makes me soooo angry x)

tibs7

Smash Champion
They can sdi the grizzfinite yeah?
Slowish, but I think they still can

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u cant sdi the trip but u can sdi the actual hit of the banana...like ALL other moves

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You all need to learn to Distant Planet.

What are Diddy Kong's secretly good counter picks?
What do you guys think about PS2?

T-block

B2B TST
PS2 is meh for Diddy.

Flying transformation sucks for obvious reasons. Some people think bananas are amazing with conveyor belts, but it's really nothing special - if you're first to the middle you can hold it really well, but so can a lot of characters. Ice is kinda fun with bananas, but again, nothing really special.

Luigi's Mansion is **** though.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
PS1 > PS2.

But that's probably cause I'm lazy and haven't learnt it. Flying and electric transformations annoy me. Ice is a good novelty.

PS2 would fit well in "Who's up for a Free-For-All with items on? I bought my wii-mote" type tournament. Not that I'm bashing that too hard. When I'm bored or stressed i do that all the time :3

tibs7

Smash Champion
Playing snake there is horrible.....
Why is distant planet good vyse?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Playing snake there is horrible.....
Why is distant planet good vyse?
It's not, that's the joke

I never approach with Side-B unless I'm facing Toon Link or another projectile-spamming character. It's not safe on shield (unless you manage to Grab them with it, but still), has horrible landing lag unless you're a god at canceling it, and it is very easy to see coming. I try to only use it to finish combos anymore.

Also, I think we should take off the sticky that's titled "P1 fix this thread!!" seeing as it is never used and the name looks bad as a sticky.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Apparantly it's possible to SDI the double naner lock wall infinite.. at least snake can.

I don't know if every char can do it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah you should probably get rid of it...

unless you guys want me to update it since there have been a good amount of diddy vids like ADHD Vs Brood and Gnes at apex and this last phase and stuff, plus i plan on getting vids of me this weekend

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Apparantly it's possible to SDI the double naner lock wall infinite.. at least snake can.

seibrik does that **** all the time it pisses me off. and what makes me mad is that you cannot get out of a mk dair wall lock O_< OR a d3 cg to wall to dsmash (apparently u cant sdi enough to where u can tech the wall its w.e)

tibs7

Smash Champion

lol if snake can do it, it means pretty much every char can......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom