• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
What problems are you having, exactly? Are you facing the wrong way after the GT, or...?
im having a problem catching the banana again.

you know how you can GT back(throwing the banana down) and keep doing it across the stage?

I cant do that :(

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
You have to press A IMMEDIATELY after hitting down on the c-stick.

Hold Shield -> back on control stick -> down on c-stick -> A

This all has to be a quick sequence.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
you know how you can GT back(throwing the banana down) and keep doing it across the stage?
Also, just for future reference, it's called dribbling. Typing out that long description of it can get annoying, I'm sure.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
are u considered a d!ck when ur fighting a scrub and tell them...
"hey is finald ok with u man? im down for it"
"yea why not"
commence ****
"wtf diddy can do this?"
"wanna go to finald again"
"yea of course why wouldnt i?"
commence smug look

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
kaptain kong, you need to go to WA tournaments right now. no distance or asian parent johns. just get to a GC.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
September 11th. But you won't be able to enter because it's the season final, and you would need to have attended one of the season tournaments to enter. You need to go to the October Gameclucks alright?

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
hey can someone give me some advice on how i should fight a DDD becuase i fought one and he beat me while only losing one stock any advice?
and yes i know there is a matchup thread for him but i'm not good at going through so much writing

tibs7

Smash Champion
Get better is really the only advice I could give you since I don't play d3's to often.
Dfear beats seibriks so dfear where you at.

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Against DDD watch out for his chaingrab, so be careful with your approaches. When recovering back onto the stage, watch for the DDD chasing you for the gimp with his back air.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Get better is really the only advice
QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

d3 is just a basic character man. all he has goin for him is his grab (which is quite broken dont underestimate that crap its like...HEY i got u :3..but ur like halfway across the map...its that gay lol)

ANYWAY...just put a banana in front of u, camp, shoot an infinite amount of peants, if he gets close, mix it up in running away, if u can read him then by all means punish
if he approaches with ftilts, powershield, side b attach or stationary banana strong throw, follow up.
if u normal shield just roll back dont risk getting grabbed

his throws suck so punish that crap

if he approaches with stationary grab make sure u're JUST outside his grab range. all bout them footsies xD.

really nothing else...this match should either end in time out (d3 having the better skill) or u beating the crap out of him (obviously u beating the crap out of him)

btw...finald is not a bad choice against this biiiiiittttchhh

btw offstage game is 100% based on individual player's goals/purposes in what they want to do to u.

so if a d3 is set on bair'n...clash with a sideb kick.
if he's baiting a kick, just ff/airdodge to the ledge or fair him.
remember to mix up recoveries between reverse b, reverse b cancel aerials,reverse strong banana pluck, different strengths of side b and of course save ur mid-air jump!
d3 can also dtilt u out of your barrels when u recover

im still learning how to edge guard d3, but if done correctly there is 100% chance of d3 dieing.

but so far what iv learned in d3 recovery is that:

one. put a banana near the ledge (used as bait and/or limit ledge options)
two. force him to waste jumps by either jumping at him, fake moves at him, etc.
three. memorized a jump pattern? adapt and dair him
four. if he's forced to upb, notice whether or not hes going on stage or to the ledge. make a wise choice if he's goin for the ledge.

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
Question : How do I deal with snakes? Generally on their jabs (my shield gets ***** from it), approaching safely, and/with him having one of my naners,

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
I saw tibs change momentum with a b-reversed pogun without b-sticking. How is this done? Looked mighty cool when he cancelled the pogun. Youtube gives no answers. Tibs!

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
@felix: alright thanks for the clarification
i'll make it to the october event and maybe this next one too

@redrighthand: you press b then immediately hit the opposite way you're facing and cancel it
edit: you won't get a momentum boost unless you already have momentum (you cant just fall straight down and suddenly get momentum from b reversing)

tibs7

Smash Champion
Question : How do I deal with snakes? Generally on their jabs (my shield gets ***** from it), approaching safely, and/with him having one of my naners,
This MU is actually ridiculous. Don't bother using diddy against snake try olimar :D

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Ta Kaptain.

@Tibs:

Attila: 'Diddy's fair is broken'
Tibs: 'Snake is broken'
Attila: 'Diddy is Stupid'
Tibs: 'Snake is a ridiculous matchup'.

Lovin' it. Makes melbourne that much more interesting :D

EDIT: But yeah, Snake is no fun :(

tibs7

Smash Champion
Attila only thinks that because he is bad at the game. He loses to links and dk's.
Snake dthrow and tilts are just so
much better than fair.
Btw Jacob are you goin to robocop?

redrighthand

Smash Apprentice
Attila only thinks that because he is bad at the game. He loses to links and dk's.
Snake dthrow and tilts are just so
much better than fair.
Btw Jacob are you goin to robocop?
Hope so; will have to consult the folks. Should be cool. I have to signup in Australia regional somewhere don't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom