• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Dekar watching you tear apart inui is going to be the greatest thing. He really deserves it.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Don't undrestimate inui he can still take me close to the last stock sometimes and he's good against diddy. Everyone calls him complete, and utter trash, but he's good, and just good.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Don't undrestimate inui he can still take me close to the last stock sometimes and he's good against diddy. Everyone calls him complete, and utter trash, but he's good, and just good.
I'm pretty sure it's because he's played you a few times, and is used to your style. You're a much better player than he is. It happens all the time, you can play against a mediocre player FOREVER and eventually they just learn YOU and not the match-up, and lo' and behold someone who usually takes bad placings at tourneys is going semi-even with you ;)

ADHD

Smash Hero
He knew the matchup even before I started playing him. I think the last time I played him was in last spring and if I remember correctly I was low percent last stock the first match on battlefield. I'm just saying it won't be complete cake.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Has the thought of a Ganon:Diddy team occurred to anyone?
xD
The fact that I can only name 2 good Ganon's, and I only think 1 lives in the US (or neither does), means there aren't any good Ganon's to team with.

Me and my Dao have thought about it. ;) But I usually ask to team with him too late so he teams with Rej (some MK), and I team with Bigfoot (some DK)

Although we do the team in friendlies a lot.
And double 3 stock.
Yum.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure it's because he's played you a few times, and is used to your style. You're a much better player than he is. It happens all the time, you can play against a mediocre player FOREVER and eventually they just learn YOU and not the match-up, and lo' and behold someone who usually takes bad placings at tourneys is going semi-even with you ;)
Its true. I used to smash with someone every week and he'd always have the ups on my snake, but the first time I brought him to a tourney he got ***** by some bad players and I got 2nd. He was only good at playing that matchup and he knew my snake inside and out.

Dekar is gonna **** inui until he bleeds from his anus.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I'm keeping Diddy as a back-up for a couple of match ups (eg. MK and GnW).
Against MK's my playstyle is based around waiting for them to come to me and quickly punish anything I can the fastest I can. Usually consisting of GT > F-throw or B-throw or a dash attack combo, getting 15-ish% each approach, then waiting for the next punish. Is this a good strategy?
I've found that if I try any approaches, I get separated from my bananas and get 50% on me.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm keeping Diddy as a back-up for a couple of match ups (eg. MK and GnW).
Against MK's my playstyle is based around waiting for them to come to me and quickly punish anything I can the fastest I can. Usually consisting of GT > F-throw or B-throw or a dash attack combo, getting 15-ish% each approach, then waiting for the next punish. Is this a good strategy?
I've found that if I try any approaches, I get separated from my bananas and get 50% on me.
Are you getting 50% tacked on you every time you're in an exchange? If so you've gotta work on your DI and just generally resetting situations :p

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Are you getting 50% tacked on you every time you're in an exchange? If so you've gotta work on your DI and just generally resetting situations :p
Yeah, pretty much. That's probably true about my DI. DI is most likely the part of my game that is letting me down. How am I supposed to DI to get away from getting 50%?

Xyless

Smash Master
Hey guys, just figured I'd post here to let you know that I'm going to try to make Diddy at least my main secondary (after Peach). If I play as him enough, he might just replace Peach. So it might be time for more MW REP

Also, Diddy doesn't have enough good textures.

TreK

Is "that guy"
don't use textures as Diddy, the blue costume is better than any texture
Boggart is good though ._.

And the one with my crew's emblem lol

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I made my own texture just by removing the stars from the green outfit and replacing them with my "logo" I use sometimes. Then I made the hat say "Ingulit", but you never zoom in far enough in the game to even tell. I <3 subtlety.

napZzz

Smash Hero
don't use textures as Diddy, the blue costume is better than any texture
Boggart is good though ._.

And the one with my crew's emblem lol
Its impossible to lose as mojo jojo diddy. All of his matchups are in his favor and becomes stronger, better, and faster than meta knight.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Hey, is any1 REALLY good with Diddy but doesn't immediately rely on his Bananas unless they want to **** their opponent? I'm talking about some1 who can really give a serious spammer a run for their money, or even beat them without the 'nanas?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Hey, is any1 REALLY good with Diddy but doesn't immediately rely on his Bananas unless they want to **** their opponent? I'm talking about some1 who can really give a serious spammer a run for their money, or even beat them without the 'nanas?
Well... why wouldn't you want to use bananas? It's like breaking your leg before a foot race. There's no reason to gimp yourself.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Well... why wouldn't you want to use bananas? It's like breaking your leg before a foot race. There's no reason to gimp yourself.
lol...nah I just always wondered because I sometimes hear of people doing great things with a notable disadvantage, so I applied one to Diddy :)

Basically I wanted to know if it's possible.

napZzz

Smash Hero
you will never win without bananas

Diddy is horrible without them and broken with them

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Gais gais how do I's recover with Diddy without getting gimped?
Flip Kick has good priority, so if you're high enough, that's a good option. Up B diagonally is good since you can always land on the stage if you see them going for the ledge hog...If you try to recover directly underneath the ledge, you're pretty much screwed.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Gais gais how do I's recover with Diddy without getting gimped?
mix up between your double jump and side b and avoid having to use your up b unless you wont get punished or have to. Its kind hard but possible to avoid getting ***** if you play smart enough. Like use the side b and make people think you have to up b, but you still have your 2nd jump left and you can jump up last minute and fair their face when they try to gimp you since the move beats out so much crap, or for people waiting on stage like a snake just shooting mortars or something.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thanks! Also does anyone know how much of a frame disadvantage diddy's dash attack has on shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom