• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
>-)

So...that means tether grabbers can't shieldgrab Diddy's dash attack.

Diddy's grab is what, six frame startup?

6+3 = 9 frames between the last hitbox of Diddy's dash attack and the grab.

Toon Link's grab comes out on frame 12.

That makes dash attacking his shield very interesting...since you can dash attack > grab faster than he can shieldgrab.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yup, Diddy's dash attack is broken on tethered guys's shield
But TL will not let his shield for long because of it ; all his aerials and 2 of his projectiles go through our dash attack, and they're viable against bananas so it's a good replacement.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yup, Diddy's dash attack is broken on tethered guys's shield
But TL will not let his shield for long because of it ; all his aerials and 2 of his projectiles go through our dash attack, and they're viable against bananas so it's a good replacement.
Naw if you're forcing his spacing with bananas you can put him in situations where you can dash attack his shield.

It would matter if people played characters who have tether grabs!!
Chip, the TL who beat MikeHAZE and Hylian and Co18 at Genesis, is #2 on WA PR, and Weruop, an Olimar (beat DEHF at TP2) is #1.

Holy **** praxis can you become a diddy main lol
lolol
I'm starting to play Diddy a lot more 'cause he's fun. We'll see what I can come up with.

In the meantime, can anyone give me some Diddy vs Falco tips? Xefnir and I decided to pick up serious seconds a bout two weeks back. He went Falco and I went Diddy. I found I can side-B guaranteed OOS if he reflectors my shield while I'm holding a banana. We run fairly even, but I'm not sure the logic I should have in the matchup. I just run up to him with a banana in hand and try to bait and read his reaction, then throw crap at his recovery.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dekar went on Auto pilot and lost vs Inui in the 50$ mm. 3-0. :( He needs to evaluate his options a bit better. He still ****ing rocks.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Don't john for him Sinz, he lost.. Dekar is good, but he was cocky going in, and underestimated Inui, who is not exactly bad himself and knows how to play against Diddy. Whatevs though gg both ya'll

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dekar is out, he lost to Dojo(2-1) and Ozz( don't know.)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dojo sucks against diddy :)

Attention everyone: I beat anti 3-1 losers finals, and 3-0'd ally in the first set of grand finals, then went to game 5 the second set and lost :(

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Here's the story. he 3 stocked my diddy on final d as ganondorf. I got mad so i went mk and cp'd rc. I barely beat his ganon there it was 1 stock high %, and i trash talked him so he cried.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i was so close to losing to a GnW yesterday...why do we have the advantage? i need help =(

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
i was so close to losing to a GnW yesterday...why do we have the advantage? i need help =(
Because G&W is a garbage character that shouldn't beat anyone with a brain, especially least of all Diddy whose 3-frame-OOS bananas go through ALL of his attacks and has no bucketable projectiles.

G&W has no viable approach, can be camped, has a bad roll so is easy to naner techchase, and just in general sucks. Don't get hit.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Because G&W is a garbage character that shouldn't beat anyone with a brain, especially least of all Diddy whose 3-frame-OOS bananas go through ALL of his attacks and has no bucketable projectiles.

G&W has no viable approach, can be camped, has a bad roll so is easy to naner techchase, and just in general sucks. Don't get hit.
Wut about RC? I got beat out by a Fox main (a very good Fox main) at a tournament in round 3 because he went RC and surprised me with G&W.

EDIT: Is anything good ever posted on AiB? I want to know in case there's stuff I should put in the Kongpendium I've missed.

EDIT 2: :laugh: NEVERMIND, I just went through ALL FOUR of the pages of the Diddy Kong character chat there, and it was nothing but crap :laugh:

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes post your dubz vids so I can copy kthx.
Nope. U can have singles son. Im a doubles god now. Peace out.

Play UTD Zac.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wut about RC? I got beat out by a Fox main (a very good Fox main) at a tournament in round 3 because he went RC and surprised me with G&W.
Oh, yeah, you're screwed if you let a G&W take you to rainbow cruise. :laugh:

Also, I love AiB but it's terrible for character discussions.

Play UTD Zac.
I have. I've played all the top G&W's on the west coast, and some on the EC, including Lee Puff, UTD Zac, Valdens, Hylian, Vex Karasani, Hebrew Hammer, GDX (Diddy main G&W second), Onski, etc etc. I make it a point to MM every G&W everywhere I travel to. I ran pretty even with Zac at Genesis (but he nine'd me at 30% D: DARN YOU ZAC). I also <3 him, he's awesome, and he's probably just outright better than me. And he agrees with my assessment of the character.

People just don't know how to fight G&W. I've beaten almost every G&W in the country using a mediocre mid tier character, with an airdodge so bad (30 frames of lag, worst in the game) that it can't even make it safely through his nair or bair without getting hit and a projectile that disappears on contact with any of his hitboxes, and who cannot reliably kill G&W until 200% thanks to stale moves and no kill power.

:p

And I wish to reemphasize, I <3 UTD Zac.

Gnes

Smash Master
Its different with Diddy. Im not saying its not easy...but the matchup isn't so plain as to say if u have a naner u can punish all his moves. Also if he gets u over the ledge 85% of the time its a stock though i think im figuring out a way how to consistently use GAW's UP B physics to my advantage.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about diddy, my main is wolf, and although i find him to be a great character there are some matchups that will kill me, namely D3, and possibly pika if the player buffers the chaingrab. I read on the wolf boards that diddy is a good secondary, and for me it was either falco or diddy, but since I like diddy i wanna give him a try. My question is how can i make the transition from wolf to diddy painless, like how can i deal without the reflector and most importantly I heard I can use diddy's side b as a recovery (cool kinda like wolf) should i because the up b recovery is my only major gripe about diddy. Thanks

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hehe I saw them. I understand how you camp now. You need to be more accurate with your punishments, some of the spacing on your fsmashes was attrocious and there wasn't even a reason to fsmash. At another point, you ftilted wario at 160 when an fsmash WOULD have hit and killed him in the first place. Some areas you glidetoss into other people's shields and get punished <_< Other than that it was genius. So should I team with someone that can afford to attack heavily?

Don't get me started in singles.. Just think linear pressure, all I can say.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Inui was too smart to rematch.

I just wish my matches against Dojo were on livestream so I could prove to everyone what's been said XD

It was last hit last match (for me, anyway... I was at 40% and he was around 150%+) and I got a forced trip with the naner and... GRABBED. God I'm dumb lol. THEN he ***** me with a gimp, GG for me. I was one dsmash from beating him, and choked hard lol.

Then random tripping ***** me against Ozz, HARD. I should have beaten him even harder to the point where that random stuff didn't matter, but honestly tripping into a fully charged fsmash ruins momentum, as does tripping when you're going to ledgegrab against Falco's upB o.o

<3 my anti-trip tourneys in NM lmao

napZzz

Smash Hero
they both have the same animation so it should be considered the same thing. THe banana trip is just forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom