• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Snake boards have known about instant throw.

JonT just found out and made a video, and since we were all too lazy to make a video, we thanked him.

A few of us saw new applications.

A few of us saw it good for noobs.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Um... I've been using instant throwing for awhile... I had a MM with dekar, so if it gets uploaded you can see all my instant throwing..

Anyways, I'm uploading a bunch of matches with Dekar. If you all want to see them as they come up, then subscribe to me. Ken4Neth is my user name.

First match of winners finals should be done in about twenty minutes.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I watched. Ending was gay, I do that sometimes. Dekar plays really reckless sometimes.

Edit: Sometimes. sometimes

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hello Diddy Boards! The Lucas boards are now discussing Diddy Kong and we need some help. If someone could come to help us that would be great! Here is the link

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Personally I play defensive against MK.. if you understand the concept of zoning then I don't think the MU is hard at all.. just don't get gimped.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah, of course I understand zoning :p

So basically space yourself just outside his range, wait for him to attack and punish?

TreK

Is "that guy"
not getting gimped and landing a kill on him are the two hardest parts of this matchup imo. diddy counters MK's onstage game pretty well as long as you get an early lead

But MK has better CPs than us =/
Just be careful ; you'll be ok.

napZzz

Smash Hero
killing mk is **** near impossible when its a smart one. But eventually they have to get close for a kill as long as you avoid smashes when you're falling near them...which you should never do, or dont get gimped so you just gotta work hard and keep a banana in your hand and wait for them to whiff that smash/whatever kill move it is.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I looked the frame data topic, but I couldn't find any frame data on airdodge. I only need one thing. How many start-up frames does his airdodge have? I would really appreciate if you could VM me instead of posting here because I'm doing a mass search of airdodge data.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I think we need to look into this one thing I've been thinking about.

It's a combination between Diddy's wall jump and a wave bounced peanut pop gun cancel. What you get, is a wall jump which brings you instantly back to the wall with the reverse popgun cancel so you can jump again.
The timing for it is hard though. Going back to the wall and being able to jump again is difficult. It could be good for stalling if someone figures out a good use for it. hahaha

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
quick question,

i just watched m2k and mikeHAZEs most recent sets, and i saw mikeHAZE grab release f-air m2k, cause of mks relatively short release.

can diddy do that? i know we have that (and others on wario.)

Dekar173

Justice Man
quick question,

i just watched m2k and mikeHAZEs most recent sets, and i saw mikeHAZE grab release f-air m2k, cause of mks relatively short release.

can diddy do that? i know we have that (and others on wario.)
I don't think we can force the air release is the problem :(

win_ftw

Smash Cadet
explain please?

:/

EDIT: Nevermind, just tried to test. we have too much lag from gr and too low airspeed.

poop.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA

It's a combination between Diddy's wall jump and a wave bounced peanut pop gun cancel. What you get, is a wall jump which brings you instantly back to the wall with the reverse popgun cancel so you can jump again.
The timing for it is hard though. Going back to the wall and being able to jump again is difficult. It could be good for stalling if someone figures out a good use for it. hahaha
you cant jump off the wall twice in a row unless you wait or wall cling before you wall jump

good idea though, this might work anyway

Gnes

Smash Master

Yes u can do this. I use it sometimes just because i like to be flashy, its really pretty useless.

SuSa

Diddy Kong has the best shield in the game. He liked to shield a lot.

That being said. He JV 3'd me next game without using down-B once. xD

(FYI: The video was only meant to show that that combo super *****. I didn't really do much else, and I didn't want to....)

SuSa

Gerudo to glide toss to gerudo to pivot+grab to glide toss to side-B repeat. It goes in a circle. If you want, I can get a vid

Olimar has a -11 frame advantage, IIRC the whole thing mentioned above takes exactly 11 frames.
I'm not 100% sure.

It also works if your opponent doesn't buffer a getup attack/roll :3

Dekar173

Justice Man
Blog's pretty neat. I liked the random factoids that aren't on most "random fact!" pages, which was a surprising amount :D

@Inui MM- it's Saturday at some point in time. He's practically paying me to give him Diddy experience, rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom