• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
That's fine but you should do some research on what matchups you will still have trouble with.

I always thought of it this way:

You want a complete wall. The characters you choose help build up this "wall". You start with your main and "build" the wall based around your characters matchups. For example, MK would have a full wall because nothing can penetrate it, whereas Ganon has a few bricks where most characters can penetrate it. You want to have a complete wall with at the most 3 characters. So maybe with Diddy, you have a wall that's 85% complete, so you choose two other characters that will fill up the empty spaces that leaves you vulnerable. I chose D3 and Snake as my other guys so my "wall" is almost completely done.

****, i should do a diagram that people can use to "complete" their own wall.

If I do, will some of you guys help me?
that sounds interesting, i would like to see that if it actually came to be lol

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
That's fine but you should do some research on what matchups you will still have trouble with.

I always thought of it this way:

You want a complete wall. The characters you choose help build up this "wall". You start with your main and "build" the wall based around your characters matchups. For example, MK would have a full wall because nothing can penetrate it, whereas Ganon has a few bricks where most characters can penetrate it. You want to have a complete wall with at the most 3 characters. So maybe with Diddy, you have a wall that's 85% complete, so you choose two other characters that will fill up the empty spaces that leaves you vulnerable. I chose D3 and Snake as my other guys so my "wall" is almost completely done.

****, i should do a diagram that people can use to "complete" their own wall.

If I do, will some of you guys help me?
Sure I'll help ya out Goose. Just keep me informed on when you plan on doing so. :)

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
lol goose that was soo bad i feel sorry for puffster. that was the same type of match i had except i was totally impatient and just wanted a freakin dsmash and DHGR footstool. pissed me off real bad i will never forget his face.
Lol don't go for those types of things.

that sounds interesting, i would like to see that if it actually came to be lol
Me too...

Sure I'll help ya out Goose. Just keep me informed on when you plan on doing so. :)
Cool, and what makes it even easier on me is that I would only have to do the formula for the wall. Each character board has to do their own wall based around their own matchup threads.

Basically, it takes the # of bad matchups to the # of good matchups and allows you to find a percentage on how "complete" your wall is. I still have a lot to think about though.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Well seeing as we already know Diddy match-ups already and their ratio, can't we just skip to preferable secondaries then to the third character?

Like for example

one of Diddy's bad match-ups is Peach, so as a secondary lets say they should probably learn Marth b/c of his spacing fair which keeps distance away from the dair-->nair combo she has. Then as a third, they could choose a projectile fighter, perhaps Pit in this sense b/c of the arrows and his air capabilities and side-B.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
We are still doing our matchup thread though. It's not even half way done.

Use whoever you want really, just make sure that you know how much wall you have gone. I don't really understand what you said though. :(

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
We are still doing our matchup thread though. It's not even half way done.

Use whoever you want really, just make sure that you know how much wall you have gone. I don't really understand what you said though. :(
lol, nvrm it. We'll just wait til the match-up threads are complete or close to it. We might as well open up another one. :laugh:

earla

Smash Lord
may i ask, why would a diddy counter pick norfair v a metaknight player?

thank you.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Huh... He wanted to lose.
Or he underestimated you.
Or he pwns hard on Norfair, in which case you should ask him to come and meet us cus I'm interested lolol

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
OP on Tactical Boards

Originally posted by Sushi3
[Hardest Two Characters to Main Simultaneously?

Due to conflicts of movesets, playstyles, etc. I'd say Wario and Diddy.

I mean, even if two characters cover each others' bad matchups well, it's important to know how well they can be played together competitively.]

Orignially posted by AnonymousMod
[God dammit stop making these kinds of threads.]

*closes thread*

Well, that's the first time I've ever had a thread locked. An explanation or at least a fair warning would have been nice :ohwell:. I don't even know what "these kinds of threads" are.

Could someone please offer an explanation as what this guy's talking about, or anything else I should wary of on the "tactical boards?"

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
OP on Tactical Boards

Originally posted by Sushi3
[Hardest Two Characters to Main Simultaneously?

Due to conflicts of movesets, playstyles, etc. I'd say Wario and Diddy.

I mean, even if two characters cover each others' bad matchups well, it's important to know how well they can be played together competitively.]

Orignially posted by AnonymousMod
[God dammit stop making these kinds of threads.]

*closes thread*

Well, that's the first time I've ever had a thread locked. An explanation or at least a fair warning would have been nice :ohwell:. I don't even know what "these kinds of threads" are.

Could someone please offer an explanation as what this guy's talking about, or anything else I should wary of on the "tactical boards?"
Ehhh, no offence to some mods, but IMO the mods on this site are generally pretty bad, so I wouldn't really worry about it. They close topics without much explanation at all, and do all kinds of stuff like that.

BTW: I main Diddy and Wario Lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Soooo, the MK ban debate is raging again.
I like this place better when we're not debating it. Everyone is nice and happy.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
If he does get banned it'll just raise mass hysteria about else should get banned. Like ****** arguments like Diddy Kong for example with his nanerz that make ppl trip all the time, or Snake b/c of his powerful attacks and broken hitboxes.

But no doubt about it, I'll figure out how to beat Mr. MK one way or another if even he remains in the game.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Banning broken characters in fighting games, best to my knowledge, has never consequently resulted in a landslide movement to ban other, lesser characters. I don't think you quite know what you're talking about.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Wat I'm saying is is that when one character is nominated for getting banned for some reason, at least in this game anyway, players are gonna make bogus explanations on why a lesser character should also be subject to the same thing. Not saying that will happen, but it'll just start unneeded talk.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Wat I'm saying is is that when one character is nominated for getting banned for some reason, at least in this game anyway, players are gonna make bogus explanations on why a lesser character should also be subject to the same thing. Not saying that will happen, but it'll just start unneeded talk.
Arguing the landslide effect? You should just shut up while you are ahead.

I really, really hate people who try to argue the landslide effect....and I'm anti-ban...

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Haha strong words susa, lets be nice. I voted that MK should be banned, it seems like tournaments would become a lot more fun then seeing MK's all over the place. There will be a greater variety of other characters. anyways does anyone know if ADHD vs Tyrant is gonna ever be uploaded?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Neither. I'm abstaining from the process/selling my vote to the first camp that buys me a Palm Pre. The entire ordeal has been pretty taxing and has led the entire SBR around in circular arguments for over half a year already, and I'm just prepared to wash my hands of everything.

I personally do not have a problem with Meta Knight, as I have a pretty stellar track record against them in tournament, and I also highly enjoy playing his broke *** as a secondary. There is, however, something to be said about a character so powerful, that he has threatened to have an entire sub-rule set created specifically to keep him in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom