• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^yes it went to 3rd game brinstar

first game he wins with a low% 1 stock on smashville
second game i take him back to smashville and i win two stock high %

third game, im up a stock again on brinstar ridiculous low % like 10 or 15% and he's on his last stock, 2nd formation of lava comes up and i airdodged through it (no prior knowledge to it) i kinda choked on my last stock so now we are even in % last hit last stock now, i get forced on to the ledge without a banana on the left side of brinstar i planked for like 2 minutes thinking of how to get a nana safely without getting fair'd hardcore, so while i was thinkin he delayed his infinite sh fairs and i saw the opportunity to full hop from the ledge and sideb as far as i can but he immediately sh fair'd me and i died

it was amazing, by far he is the best peach and i still believe peach cant beat diddy...or im just amazing vs peach is all :awesome:

illmatic da bess tho in all seriousness hes a cool chill person too

edit:
i also played will the dk all day with mms included consistently 2 stockin him while he was attempting to plank me back. i dont understand why the other diddys there including adhd didnt just sideb him :s sideb ate his grounded upb AND punch. dk cant beat diddy its not possible

edit2:
also beat logic an olimar player with no prior knowledge of olimar...it was lol cuz he apparently 2 stocks beat my senseibrik right after twice

also in pools i death angled 4x and exploded on the ledge on battlefield from a VERTICAL upb

i immediately went to training mode and wondered why i exploded from a vertical upb...apparently it only happens on smashville and battlefield. it happens when ur holding up and b while ur upb'n and THEN theres a SMALL chance it will happen :s it was completely random when it happened it was the wierdest thing and the venue lold

all the above was recorded tho rest i dunno

Player-1

Smash Legend
nah dfear, that up-b thing i made a thread about it before, it works on any stage. Your up-b stays out for like a couple of frames after you've reached your peak and start moving down meaning you're hitting the stage if you come back down after being edgehogged or are accidentally holding down so you don't grab the edge. It works on YI and if the ghost comes up then you can actually land on it so it may be used offensively if you're trying to be creative.

Also, on brinstar, the little block things in the middle of the stage that you can hit and break the stage apart, yeah the sides of those 2 things are walls meaning you can ledge drop and side-b or midair jump (only on the right side) and wall jump/wall cling to those things for a banana pluck or fair/bair or something.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nah dfear, that up-b thing i made a thread about it before, it works on any stage. Your up-b stays out for like a couple of frames after you've reached your peak and start moving down meaning you're hitting the stage if you come back down after being edgehogged or are accidentally holding down so you don't grab the edge. It works on YI and if the ghost comes up then you can actually land on it so it may be used offensively if you're trying to be creative.
link me pls? cuz that **** made me not come out of pools!

Also, on brinstar, the little block things in the middle of the stage that you can hit and break the stage apart, yeah the sides of those 2 things are walls meaning you can ledge drop and side-b or midair jump (only on the right side) and wall jump/wall cling to those things for a banana pluck or fair/bair or something.
i knew all that ^ but i was on the left meaning it was really a huge risk to try to sideb and jump wallcling to get back on stage...illmatic isnt dumb and slow, in fact hes quite the opposite..smart and ridiculously fast he was ALWAYS next to me it was great. but that is a great recovery mixup...i have never been taken to brinstar this many times ever. im willing to say brinstar is an amazing diddy stage...imma master it

**** p1 u should have went to whobo : [ i never seen gnes before in person but he was cool as hell of course and fliphop doesnt take **** from anyone :p

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if it wasnt for those dumb shaNANNERgans i wouldve ***** singles...everyone oos seemed free to me except for the obvious :s florida trains me well

next national for me is genesis most likely ill be teaming with my new partner in crime and legit member of the dk crew, the ape himself, will :p

Player-1

Smash Legend
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260750

IDK, that wall jump thing I do a lot when I play brinstar and usually never get punished for it, you could even side-b midair jump to the far wall and wall jump and fair for more distance and stuff or you could have tried to switch ledges by just going under the stage for the other wall, but that's just theorycrafting and stuff so lol.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hey ur giving me ideas man ur the dood who wins on rc as diddy wtf...i gotta step it up

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yup it's called the jebuschaingrab.
You dribble backwards and throw them and it goes to bout 100%. Make sense?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Does diddy have a chain grab?
He actually does (and we should call it the Jebuschaingrab since I found it. ME ME ME!!!). You need to stale your B-throw by using it at least once and it can chain grab characters like Marth and DDD for like 20 damage (only works at 0%).

Sails

Smash Ace
I'm working on a new style of matchup chart for if I do end up making a new matchup thread and handle all of it. I have this so far, based upon the BBR MU's for mockup purposes...The balloons at the top are for show and will be stylized and aligned and whatnot.

I'm just curious what people think of the style. The background colors are the tier list colors. I know Red is usually used as a bad matchup color, but I wanted to keep things themed with Diddy, thus Red Balloon is 50-50.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
cool idea, looks good but also confusing at first.. I think you could do without the backround color for tiers, just list them or group them in order of tiers or in order of how advantageous the MU is. I personally don't see the point of ratios myself, but accompanied with an informative writeup on the MU it would be amazing.. Godspeed =p

P.S if I can do anything to help don't hesitate to let me know.

Sails

Smash Ace
Now that I actually sit and stare at it, I think I'll probably change the balloon colors up a bit. I'll play around with a few ways of ordering Boofy, thanks for the advice! The end result will be each image is separate and can be clicked to view the matchup thread. I don't care so much about ratios as I do about information on matchups, which is probably the general consensus, but they're still a nice quick reference to have. I'm going to be focusing on pulling information from everyone, hopefully sparking debate, and limiting each matchup thread to a certain amount of time before it's locked and I set things like the ratio and information in stone.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Does anyone use the Classic Controller (or Wiichuck, I guess)? I've been using a GC controller with LR springs removed forever now, but all of my friends have switched to the Classic and love it.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I use classic controller and I used classic controller only for a long time, when I started co-maining Diddy I started using Gamecube Controller for Diddy (and MK lol) only because my controls didn't feel comfortable with Diddy.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Yo guys,

After playing D3 for 2 years, I've officially decided to switch mains...to Diddy. At WHOBO, I got 4th in my pool with D3, losing 0-2 to Shugo, 1-2 to Dphat, and 1-2 to Ozz, all in close game. I'm just at the point where I'm ready to play a better character...playing tough match ups constantly is so difficult. Plus, I feel D3 is just a bit too basic for me now. Diddy has the complexity and playstyle I'd need.

I've always wanted to play Diddy anyways (he's one of my favorite video game characters!), so, I'm gonna finally try it.

Hope I can bring a good name to myself with him and contribute to/learn as from these boards as I have at the D3 boards!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hey im sure i played u tmacc at whobo amirite? im positive that d3 can never beat diddy ever ever :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom