• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Smash Rookie
Uh, bro, I agreed with you that Pivot D-Smash is good, you never posted a video to get critiqued, and we have an entire thread dedicated to the MK match-up (the game hasn't changed much... all the information is still relevant; the idea that the MK thread is "old" doesn't really matter). You can't say you were ignored when everything you brought up has been addressed or cannot be answered.

Also, welcome to the Diddy social. You'll get used to how we work, I promise :p
Lol thanks for the good welcoming words.

Uh so yeah, I was kidding :D I'll post vids Saturday or Sunday and see how my gameplay fares, I'm nervous for tomorrow :C first "big" tourney as a T.O. . .

Also... Jebus, B-air having more range than F-air?

wat. Can't we agree both moves are good?

O wait, f-air has better priority... why argue? use them as needed...

SNAP.

P.S. Anyone coming to Cancun for Spring Break? w00t.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Back air does not have more range than forward air...

you can have input on matchups when:

1. a wario player exists in socal
2. you place above 25th in a local tournament

in the meanwhile, don't speak about matchups unless addressed.
B-air does have more range. I bet I know way more about the Wario MU than you. WA doesn't have and never had any notable Warios while Socal has had at least three

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Attn. All Diddys going to WHOBO

I want to get an all-diddy picture for all diddys going to WHOBO. Whos going so i know who to look for

Yikarur

Smash Master
B-air does have more range. I bet I know way more about the Wario MU than you. WA doesn't have and never had any notable Warios while Socal has had at least three
bair has more "in-moment" horizontal range but fair has much more range in general because the hitbox is longer out + bigger hitbox overall.

"one of his best moves for picking up bananas"

why?

and "best momentum canceling" can't be used for this as best aerial because you don't even get to chose from aerials here so the mentioning of this is useless for comparison of aerials.

and uair da bess :D

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
bair has more "in-moment" horizontal range but fair has much more range in general because the hitbox is longer out + bigger hitbox overall.

"one of his best moves for picking up bananas"

why?

and "best momentum canceling" can't be used for this as best aerial because you don't even get to chose from aerials here so the mentioning of this is useless for comparison of aerials.

and uair da bess :D
A F-air can be replaced with a B-air in almost every situation. This is because B-air is less punishable because of it's lower ending lag. F-air has a much harder time replacing B-air in almost any situation because it is a lot easier to punish and has much more ending lag. The only reason I can see for B-air not being used as much as F-air is because of the fact that you need to turn around first in order to B-air. F-air should only really be used to kill on the edge or for guaranteed punishes.

It is one of the best moves for picking up bananas because of it's low ending lag. Think of the other moves (besides dash attack and a regular dash item pick up) that has to compete with. They are his other aerials and DACUS. B-air clearly has them all beat. You can do two a combination of two B-airs or a B-air and any other aerial out of a short hop without being forced to throw the banana on the second attack . No other aerial give you enough time to do another aerial out of a short hop without having to jumping first (jumping forces you to throw the banana if you do an aerial attack).

You do have a choice to use other aerials for momentum cancelling. It just means you'll die faster.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol no reason to come to ga as far as I can see tourney wise

I'm going to Atlanta on labor day weekend so try to ensure a tourney happens then

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if p-1 can house me for 3-4 days and giv me a ride to tourney ill go to ga... :p

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Okay, so, I understand how Flip Kick Canceling works when you're on the ground (you Kick ASAP and then Airdodge before you hit the ground), but for some reason I always end up in landing lag when I Diddy Flip Kick in the air. I'm trying to Airdodge before I land... is this the wrong input?

Player-3

Smash Hero
fl should come up for the tournament dyno and turtl are hosting at the end of april or w/e

$150 guarenteed pot IIRC

do it

Malcolm.O

Smash Cadet
Hey, Idk where to put this but

Recently ive been trying out diddy and i like him a lot, I've even been able to hang with some of the betters players in my area with him but I'd like some more help
on what other ATs i should learn

I currently can do everything listed in the Diddy guide In this part of the forum

What other At's are worth learning or must I be able to perform all of them consistently ?

ADHD

Smash Hero
bair has more range, fair is more useful.. though it's close. Adhd is the best diddy at the wario MU..
Lol, how do you know? I know I'm pretty good at Wario but that's a rare matchup nowadays. All the tournaments now are basically dominated by metaknight, with maybe a diddy kong, snake, & insert random remaining top tier here.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey, Idk where to put this but

Recently ive been trying out diddy and i like him a lot, I've even been able to hang with some of the betters players in my area with him but I'd like some more help
on what other ATs i should learn

I currently can do everything listed in the Diddy guide In this part of the forum

What other At's are worth learning or must I be able to perform all of them consistently ?
Don't listen to Googs, he's trolling.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236290
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262791

Go crazy.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Lol, how do you know? I know I'm pretty good at Wario but that's a rare matchup nowadays. All the tournaments now are basically dominated by metaknight, with maybe a diddy kong, snake, & insert random remaining top tier here.
NJ had the best wario for awhile until he went inactive, pretty simple tbh

Count

Smash Champion
I'm literally five pages later but wario sdi's all my upsmashes and punishes my rolls with bike sometimes :/ wario might be replacing snake as my least favorite matchup. i always find myself super frustrated against him.

ADHD

Smash Hero
How do you punish MK's F-air (both short and full hopped), Dash Attack and GT?
Full hop fair you can just not get hit by.. I don't even understand. As for short hop fair, it can be a *****. You can punish it with another banana if it hits your shield and you react, or grab it if he spaces wrong. If he spaces it perfectly and you don't have a banana, don't even bother trying to punish it. I do think that if he fairs your barrels charging on the ground they'll explode, but those are dem hard reads that are stupidly hard to get nowadays.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i friggin hate you...i would pick you up for a tourney : [ da *** man da *** will u at least be here for that whole spring break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom