• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count

Smash Champion
:( don't hate on me! I'll be in PCB from this Saturday the 12th til next Saturday the 19th.

gnes truer words have never been spoken =(

tibs7

Smash Champion
woowowow pound winners getting effed up the but right now.....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
1/6th of the 32oz i poured on the curb for my fallen non-paid pound 5 bretheren was for you Keith #2

also, WHOBO HYPE. BENNY WE ARE LITERALLY DRIVING THE HYPE TRAIN THERE

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you dont even know man. ill be hyping u up every match and in resteraunts

btw...hows that pkmn black history month?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you dont even know man. ill be hyping u up every match and in resteraunts

btw...hows that pkmn black history month?
i had to do some cleaning/trolling so i havnt been able to play it yet

ey, what is SFL talking about housing wise? the housing i already organized with shadow1pj is only 3 people from kansas, and our van if we wanted...ESAM is maybe getting a hotel room, and seibrik wants to stay somewhere else? any idea whats going on? :laugh:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
we will be staying with all of florida and some new york ppl except seibrik/afro since they prolly wanna smoke n shiz

Sails

Smash Ace
I've been growing a tad worse in my Snake matchup. While I've been learning to handle the Falco matchup very well as well as the Meta Knight one, I've been losing it when fighting Snakes. I've been trying to keep bananas on the ground around landing areas when against Snake, but high recovery still tends to beat me out. I've definitely fallen in love with Battlefield in all of my matchups, especially Snake, but I don't know what's stopping me from outright destroying him. Is there any new good advice the top Diddy mains have, because just the other day I was actually beating, then going even, and then losing it at the end against Fatal at TAER5 in serious friendlies. He was getting significantly annoyed, cursing out the matchup, and then I just fell apart. I'm clearly missing something.

Any advice? I understand the usual "work on your flaws", and I have plenty, but I'm just trying to fish out any last matchup advice I can get before I get too complacent with the matchup and can't work new things in to my play.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I've been growing a tad worse in my Snake matchup. While I've been learning to handle the Falco matchup very well as well as the Meta Knight one, I've been losing it when fighting Snakes. I've been trying to keep bananas on the ground around landing areas when against Snake, but high recovery still tends to beat me out. I've definitely fallen in love with Battlefield in all of my matchups, especially Snake, but I don't know what's stopping me from outright destroying him. Is there any new good advice the top Diddy mains have, because just the other day I was actually beating, then going even, and then losing it at the end against Fatal at TAER5 in serious friendlies. He was getting significantly annoyed, cursing out the matchup, and then I just fell apart. I'm clearly missing something.

Any advice? I understand the usual "work on your flaws", and I have plenty, but I'm just trying to fish out any last matchup advice I can get before I get too complacent with the matchup and can't work new things in to my play.
i know when im generally doing worse against snake is because im not playing as safe/booty spacing. when i have good spacing/safety, im doing fine.

havnt seen your vids, but thats pretty much all i can suggest

-Googs

Smash Lord
Don't let him near you and throw a banana when he pulls a nade, go for the grab more often than you think cause snakes will often pull a nade right when they think you;re gonna hit them to trade dmg, so instead of doing a f-air just fast fall behind them and grab, but dont pummel cause it'll blow the nade up

Sails

Smash Ace
I don't have any videos beyond a horribly dated one where I performed terribly. I have no ranked wins, but lately I've been getting better and fast as some have pointed out publicly, so it won't be long.

Don't let him near you and throw a banana when he pulls a nade, go for the grab more often than you think cause snakes will often pull a nade right when they think you;re gonna hit them to trade dmg, so instead of doing a f-air just fast fall behind them and grab, but dont pummel cause it'll blow the nade up
Excellent advice, definitely writing this one down.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
if they try to land with a grenade then always go for the grab. if they try to land without a nade, be ready to power shield the aerial that's about to come. Sometimes you can do an empty full hop towards them (make sure snake is high enough so that they can't FF bair you) and then Fast fall to the ground and charge a smash.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Y'all post that stuff in the Snake MU thread, it's really good info.

Hey DFEAR, unless you object I'm considering making MU threads for all the characters we haven't gotten around to yet so that people have somewhere to post stuff like this. It will flood the boards a bit, but it's not like we've been using anything but the social thread lately anyway x)

EDIT: I'm gonna post in the other character's social threads that we've made the MU threads to get conversation started. We are soooooo behind compared to the other character boards, lol

EDIT 2: Err, wait, has anyone else seen this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298484

I just ran across it for the first time today. We have an even MU with Meta Knight (reasonable-ish, I guess) and an ADVANTAGEOUS MU with Marth (wtf)?

EDIT 3: If I'm going to make those MU threads, I'm going to explicitly state that discussion of MU ratios is not allowed. I don't want the threads to be devoted to who has the advantage, but rather how to beat each character as Diddy.

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
That is some REALLY good advice, i'll take this into consideration as well.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
EDIT 3: If I'm going to make those MU threads, I'm going to explicitly state that discussion of MU ratios is not allowed. I don't want the threads to be devoted to who has the advantage, but rather how to beat each character as Diddy.
thats why i dont care about matchups anymore. i just wanna know how to beat them not know the ratio lol. but go peanuts man ;)

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Also against snake, if he ever Nairs, you can actually time/space a fair between any 2 hits (apart from the last one but i've never actually test this before). his Bair always comes out faster than i expect it to and if snakes you play are as crazy as the ones i play they'll Bair more often then you'd expect.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
You kick really, really fast. Like, as soon as you start to flip, you kick. If you do it right the only thing you will hear is a nice "swoosh" sound. After you do this you can jump before you land.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so in pokemon black/white, theres 3 different element monkeys...

just...broken. i want all of them

DFEAR

Smash Hero
do not get the water one...hes a ****ing sissy!

also @lade...im sorry bro...but ur sentence is 100% right :troll:...ITS TEH DIDDY BOARDS WUT JOO EXPECT :190:

but ill be cool since ur cool......lade :awesome:

the input for the instant flip kick is simple...

example 1...if you happen to do a flip while in sideb and then kick...doin it wrong (not really...only in most positions)
example 2...if you happen to do a mid flip while in sideb and then kick...doin it wrong (not really...only in most positions)
example 3...no signs of flippage and then you kick...you're doing it right ;)

so more or less once you input sideb make sure to input "B" or"A" almost simultaneously after the initial sideb input...**** lade making me not troll in diddy social...:190: gonna kill me : [

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i started with fire spider-pig, so i got the grass one

he looks like hes down for trolling somebody :laugh:

Infernape still da bess, followed by :190:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
trust me, if he had his own pic id be rocking that **** in every post 2link style

Edit: imma just go polt style and use it anyway

OverLade

Smash Hero
do not get the water one...hes a ****ing sissy!

also @lade...im sorry bro...but ur sentence is 100% right :troll:...ITS TEH DIDDY BOARDS WUT JOO EXPECT :190:

but ill be cool since ur cool......lade :awesome:

the input for the instant flip kick is simple...

example 1...if you happen to do a flip while in sideb and then kick...doin it wrong (not really...only in most positions)
example 2...if you happen to do a mid flip while in sideb and then kick...doin it wrong (not really...only in most positions)
example 3...no signs of flippage and then you kick...you're doing it right ;)

so more or less once you input sideb make sure to input "B" or"A" almost simultaneously after the initial sideb input...**** lade making me not troll in diddy social...:190: gonna kill me : [
Tru story bro. I went into training mode and got it in like 5 minutes :troll:

UMAD?

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom