• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
honestly its SO different from usual diddy safe gameplay...i feel like im always putting myself at risk if i go for the infinite :\
it is something u will have to sacrifice if u want to implement the infinite in ur play. (until u find a way to incorporate the two perfectly)

the Japanese dont play that safe honestly, lol and that's cause they try for things like this all the time.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
it is something u will have to sacrifice if u want to implement the infinite in ur play. (until u find a way to incorporate the two perfectly)

the Japanese dont play that safe honestly, lol and that's cause they try for things like this all the time.
not worth the sacrifice...AT ALL

and yea i remember doin the double naner lock all the way across sv but nowadays its like one banana, two banana then followup with something then a simple to hard read after that :\. goin for the forsure dmg instead of the other one in case of personal failure of technique etc etc

Player-3

Smash Hero
it's like ics, if you play unsafe its too risky going for the infinite and you might get hit

because its too risky and you might get punished for it, better to just camp,

amirite

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Playing against Diddy Kong today, I noticed I missed a lot of gimp attempts.
How do I gimp Diddy Kong with Meta Knight? He usually flies through me or my invincibility frames are already over.

And yeah I play MK.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Playing against Diddy Kong today, I noticed I missed a lot of gimp attempts.
How do I gimp Diddy Kong with Meta Knight? He usually flies through me or my invincibility frames are already over.

And yeah I play MK.
I feel almost like a betrayer. Whatever.

When I get gimped it's a couple ways. Either they just follow me all the way off stage and dair me out of my barrels during charge or while i'm flying (with good timing.) They also will throw up a nair for the lasting hit box which works fairly well, once again out of the barrels. I've seen the tornado used as well, just one hit of it though, otherwise it keeps them in the nado and they can still recover.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Is diddy really as difficult as he seems to be?
I wanna start using diddy as seconday (or main if i got good enuff with him)

Any tips for a new diddy who wants to get good pl0x
diddy is too good hence too easy amirite amirite?

****ing be a monster o.o and step on anyone who dares say anything to u...hence diddy kong main

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy doesnt lose. the player loses. if ur having a bad day. diddy will have a bad day...jus sayin

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
L for easy jump cancelled throws and up smash OOS but I find that i'm jump cancelled throwing by using x more and I slide to A. :D

sudo

Smash Rookie
L for easy jump cancelled throws and up smash OOS but I find that i'm jump cancelled throwing by using x more and I slide to A. :D
I'm mainly use L for glide tossing in itslef so it'll be hard to adapt.lolNonetheless,I'll try it.I'm just trying to find the perfect control scheme to diddy as far as competitive wise.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
If you use L for glidetossing then use R for Jump and do up smash OOS with that. :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i can never see C4s unless i remember where they placed them...i need some lasik or contacts or something

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dont find it challenging and it will work =D...
orrrrrrr u could just bait an aerial and punish the startup or ending lag of it (if the frame data allows), bait airdodges, restrict landing spots, peanuts mixd with sh peanuts, etc etc.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Try grab button instead of A. Imo X+Z or Y+Z (mine) is definitely the easiest for jump cancelled throws. And then smashing the joystick for farther throws.

:D

In other news, I thought cstick always threw naners far. But I just realized holding forward then pressing cstick does short (bad) tosses. Always wondered why it would do short tosses randomly =[

tibs7

Smash Champion
Kaffei got destroyed in a tourny like 2 days ago amirite? Kaffei playing diddy now?!!?!?

M2k beat Wyatt to :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom