• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ya i got ***** lolz
but no i dont wanna pick up diddy

but srslyyyyyyyy mk makes me mad

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
2 questions I have are

1) When is the appropriate time to use the Usmash?

2) Do people still use the dash attack to pick up the bananas?

-Googs

Smash Lord
This is going to sound dumb, but when people side "Glidetoss out of shield" Is their a faster way to do it then shielddrop glidetoss? cause isn't their also shieldstun when people hit you? I can't seem to punish anyone OoS with Diddy, is their a different timing to glidetoss OoS cause of shieldstun? Some clarification would be awesome

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
This is going to sound dumb, but when people side "Glidetoss out of shield" Is their a faster way to do it then shielddrop glidetoss? cause isn't their also shieldstun when people hit you? I can't seem to punish anyone OoS with Diddy, is their a different timing to glidetoss OoS cause of shieldstun? Some clarification would be awesome
you dont shielddrop then glidetoss, keep your shield up and preform a glide toss

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
You roll out of shields when you smash the stick to either side, so just do that and follow it with that c-stick.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
1. As a mix-up after spotdodging when your close if you wanna keep your kill moves fresh is when i use it, it's not hard to find uses for a move just mix it up

2. lol yes, but like anything, keep it varied or you'll get shield grabbed/punished

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i would rather use upsmash oos as an option when im facing away from the opponent after shielding a """"punishable"""" move or even charging it when adapted to a landing airdodge...using it the way boofy described it puts you in a bad position/situation if the opponent is capable of sdi and or just being smart overall but as he said it is a mix-up and it is up to you whether its worth the reward compared to the risk.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Why do we have these boards again? :facepalm:

1) Anytime, I was using it today when I was airdodging to the ground. Buffer Umash <3

2) Ofc. Players have started to learn that they have a shield and they can use it against Diddy's DA so it's not all that safe anymore. xI

DFEAR

Smash Hero
guess what...

instead of dash attacking > fair/bair/upair/peanut :troll:

last hit of dash attack sending opponent forward:
try dash attack > smash sideb (0-40%)
try dash attack > sh smash sideb (40-100%)
try dash attack > fh smash sideb (100%+)

first two hits of dash attack sending opponent backwards:
try dash attack > pivot smash sideb (all nonkilling %'s)

3rd hit of dash attack sending opponent upwards:
try dash attack > sh pivot smash sideb

theorycraft with above methods:
if opponents such as snake/falco gets dash attackd near the ledge instead of following up with a fair/dair(they can airdodge this easily) try sideb GRAB RELEASE...read their jump/upb and proceed with footstool, dtilt their jump, dair, ledgegrab, etc etc etc.

its not 100% legit
95% actually legit imo
...but its funny as hellll

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
what is this instant throw ADHD speaks of fin the airdodge grizzfinite thread
It's where you airdodge to catch an item, and use the cstick to throw it instantly. Basically you airdodge and immediately after you press the dodge, you hit the cstick in the direction you want to throw it. if done correctly, you shouldn't see a dodge at all and it should throw FAST.

AfroChimp

Smash Cadet
gimmie some advice on the snake MU cause that nigg is gay, and no scrubs betta be trying to tell me **** cause i need some pro level advice ya hurd!

AfroChimp

Smash Cadet
It's where you airdodge to catch an item, and use the cstick to throw it instantly. Basically you airdodge and immediately after you press the dodge, you hit the cstick in the direction you want to throw it. if done correctly, you shouldn't see a dodge at all and it should throw FAST.
*** just press Z >_>

Player-1

Smash Legend
Every time he pulls a grenade just side-b, against better snakes you'll have to predict he nade cuz he can grab you out of it, but the timing takes a bit to get use to

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Snake is someone diddy has to play super careful with. usually when snakes try to camp me a very well placed banana either still gets a trip by landing right at their feet, or will blow up some nades. When snake is off the stage, either immediately intercept or see if he'll do an aerial or airdodge to try to read a move of yours.

Stage also plays a huge part, halberd is usually my auto-ban.

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
i dislike the snake MU only if i'm facing someone who i haven't played before. after a minute or 2 i figure out how they play him and i dont dislike it as much :D

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Yur stupid. Snake wins like 15-85. Come back when you know wtf yur talking about plz. :glare:

Also LMAO @ Sheik. Worst char in the game, though she goes at worst 35-65 with us. _v_

:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom