• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
and alot of snakes down here i cant get it with. partially my own failures, but alot of them jump and then upB away from the stage so the hump portion is barely out of reach when i do go out there. or they'll jump and airdodge at the same time onto the stage to avoid the dtilt

at least if i can scare them with a near miss hump they'll usually get 30-40% more on themselves before they eventually make it back

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
What mistiming when z catching? Thats what i cant figure out
mis·time
   /mɪsˈtaɪm/ Show Spelled[mis-tahym] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), -timed, -tim·ing.
to time badly; perform, say, propose, etc., at a bad or inappropriate time.

Toneh

Smash Lord
That doesn't explain why its airdodging though.

Heres what I thought of: Diddys hand has to be above the banana when you z-catch it. If his hand was too low then he airdodges

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Heres what I thought of: Diddys hand has to be above the banana when you z-catch it. If his hand was too low then he airdodges
i do it when its inside my sprite. i honestly dont look at the hand...maybe apart of the hand sprite is too early and makes you airdodge?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
actually diddy has dijointed banana grab boxes...he can grab a banana across people and grab bananas in the air using his pinky

Exdeath

Smash Master

Are you being careful about how much pressure you're using when pressing Z?

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
so i was practicing on training mode just messing around with a few things and i ended up noticing something that i'm certain people have seen before and i would like to know how to do consistantly.

Banana on ground
Z-catch banana on ground from the air
Immediately Fsmash

I'm not entirely sure what i did to cause this and if anyone knows i would love to know how to do it more consistantly. thank you

Sails

Smash Ace
so i was practicing on training mode just messing around with a few things and i ended up noticing something that i'm certain people have seen before and i would like to know how to do consistantly.

Banana on ground
Z-catch banana on ground from the air
Immediately Fsmash

I'm not entirely sure what i did to cause this and if anyone knows i would love to know how to do it more consistantly. thank you
I posted about this in the thread a few months ago. "If you use Z to grab a banana on the ground before you touch the ground from falling and continue holding Z, you can hit the cstick left of right at the same time as hitting Z making you grab the banana and instantly charge a forward smash. You can also just tap Z with the cstick to instantly forward smash."

Hope that helps!

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Sails, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to look through this entire thing for other stuff that could be useful. (like i bet someone's already done platform canceling while holding a banana >.>)

Sails

Smash Ace
Thank you Sails, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to look through this entire thing for other stuff that could be useful. (like i bet someone's already done platform canceling while holding a banana >.>)
Unfortunately 95% of this thread is "Learn PSNL plz" and Fullmetal Alchemist. You'd be better off learning how to play Diddy better by getting drunk off Listerine :V

tibs7

Smash Champion
Lol my matches vs m2k are up
I actually didn't play to badly.

I wanted to play him more than I did :(

vato_break

Smash Master
Someone teach me how to dougie fight peach?
I've seen alot of diddy's play this matchup and i think aerial banana's are quite useful opposed to peanuts because of obv priority. Play super campy, peach can't really approach if you set up your stuff correctly. Don't rush for the kill use uptilt and upair's for kills! Use fair and bair alot, Peach has really bad fastfall/airdodge so juggling her is REALLY easy.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Please buy your whobo 3 badge NOW! Prices jump to 45 dollars on Dec 1st. Make sure you include the word "smash2011" when you buy your badge. if we hit 150 players by dec 29 we will get 1000 bucks added to the pot.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

adhd said he wants to go to this. if he does, rematch time gnes vs adhd

AfroChimp

Smash Cadet
imo

Problem is, is if you counter pick Hylian rainbow cruise, they're probably going to counter pick somebody more appropriate for the stage. Meaning Diddy will usually be at a disadvantage seeing as his banana game gets messed up by the moving stage.
idk i personally think that RC is an acceptable counter pick for diddy even if mk is his opponent. I counter picked many flaco mains there and they would go mk or kirby lol. (most of them sucked *** because they dont know those characters lol) but i have also played mk mains there with a general knowledge of the match-up and the stage. nk gets ***** on the boat like crazy and on the flat pat leading to the drop down to the boat. plus its tough chasing diddy with mk on rc so the match-up on that stage can go either way imo.

a good example, adhd vs m2k pound 4 lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah count, I stopped playing wifi so much because my internet randomly has times where it is REALLY slow whether it be i'm on the web, the wii, or the xbox and I didn't like getting interrupted mid match because of it so I didn't play too much and get decayed a lot

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
So i've decided to pick up diddy as a new main. He's uber fun to play which is the main reason why I picked him up (Marth got linear and sort of boring.)

tibs7

Smash Champion
Feels like **** bro!
I woulda done alot better against him had I played him more than like 4 times beforehand.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Wanting some respected opinions.

A long while ago I was the one to make the PSNL guide, but it hasn't been posted in for months. I was considering continuing my research into set ups, stages, and character differences, but I don't want to waste my time or bump for no reason. What do you guys think? I still feel it could be extremely useful, it's just a matter of figuring out how to do it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom