• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It just makes me mad when people say "it's too hard to learn X technique"
Of course you won't be depending on the psnl lol.. I'm saying it's a nice thing to have in your pocket.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
kaffei do you think trolling is funny or something?

We are here to try and advance Diddy Kong's metagame and expose his potential in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii, not to post useless troll material. :glare:

Yikarur

Smash Master
You can believe what ever fallacy you want. I'm just trying to help, and whenever I try, people just say that I'm trolling, I'm dumb, it's too hard, it's too situational, or whatever of the sort. Everyone is so lazy.I know it is retardedly situational. But what if you had the chance to do it? It's basically a free kill at any %.. If it's that hard to do then I'll take back what I said.

Reminds me of Orion's post
I really like that post of Orion, where is it from?
I would pratice SNL but my Diddy is far away from being good, so I have to archive being very good first.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Coz you Gimp us soooooo easily *sigh*

there's a number of times I've tried punishing with a snl but it's hard to do under pressure, it's not as safe as doing it OoS sooo eh I guess this is why we are iffy about it.
I'll learn it properly by end of next year easy. As of now I just punish with sh banana throw down -> insta throw down -> whatever I want.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
out of all the high tier chars, diddy seems like the one who can get gayed the most (planked, timed out, infinited etc.)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
oh yea, forgot about that scrub.

edit: ****it.... i have been getting into asian music recently, and im not sure if this is normal...

Sails

Smash Ace
if you glide toss a banana is it better to grab or smash? i can see how its damage dependent but what seems like a better option at any case?
Grab is nice if you aren't sure the banana is going to hit. If you are sure it's going to hit, smash. If you can't get reads off your throws because the player is inconsistent, grabbing is somewhat safe and can wrack up damage fast if you are spotdodge pro.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Oh wow...**** just got real. Japan seems to be all about these loops/locks/infinites. Why is it we dont care about them again? the infite shown didnt even look that hard to do honestly. Granted nagahari was fishing for it pretty hard at the beginning either way...the result was the opponent losing a stock FROM ZERO PERCENT! I feel like we could at least look into this a little harder

Boofy!

Smash Champion
^seriously.

I said a few pages ago I think Diddy is the hardest character in this game to play.. from a technical perspective. Even more than IC's. Kakera is easily the most technical Icies out there (also from Japan) and after watching his matches and that match I'd give it to diddy. It's just so hard to capitalize on that opening and not drop the infinite, whereas all Icies have to do is grab (harder than it sounds against good players but still easier then diddys)

sorry for my horrible grammar ahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom