• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I don't know, but I saw that thread on buffering a dash and that video with snake and DDD, it's an interesting concept, any ideas how we could apply it to diddy's game?
I don't think this can help Diddy kong much. Tilts to pivot grabs?

Player-1

Smash Legend
The advantage of having only one banana is that you don't have to worry about your opponent getting any of them, also a lot of times we lose our momentum when pulling out bananas so you're only pulling out 1 instead of 2

Yikarur

Smash Master
how to play with Diddy on FD? I feel so terrible LOL FD is like my worst Diddy Stage xDDD
and I can't check videos because no Diddy Main will ever play on FD.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i have few matches on fd of me back when i suckd xD

this is how winning on fd works...

lead> banana in front > peanut until 0:00
lead> banana in front > profit
banana in front> banana in front

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I find myself doing better in some situations with 1 banana. Of course 2 can open up many opportunities, stage control, and mind games, but it also gives your opponent a chance to get one of them.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Dude 2 bananas is always better wtf. But 1 is still pretty safe, if you don't have any you get f'ed bayud.

Sooooo redo snake discussion 60:40 snakes adv.
I keep saying this an no one believes me!!! You guys need to verse better snakes.:p

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Gnes also plays Razer alot, and even tho ally is the better player overall, I think Razer is better at the MU.. which would in turn make Gnes better at the MU.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
guhh i need help zoning/ keeping people from coming at me. What are some methods u guys use?

i know Dfear explained some of his stuff a little back, but do other people do?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Sooooo redo snake discussion 60:40 snakes adv.
I keep saying this an no one believes me!!! You guys need to verse better snakes.:p
tibs i wouldnt say 60 40, more like 55 45. Dont get me wrong though snakes a super douche and everything but idk about 60 40

DFEAR

Smash Hero
snake is hard but...he is slowly becoming a bad character in my eyes and exploiting his weakness' are gettin easier :\

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
its close. still think its in snakes favor slightly, but its a matchup where diddy really has to be on a high level to learn the amount of paitence necessary to beat a good snake, compared to what a snake has to do to beat diddy

so its a close matchup, but initially the diddy player will be more frustrated/do worse overall and thinks its more in snakes favor than it really is. i know i have a longstanding snake problem since brawl came out...literally, since the day brawl came out in the US one of my friends played him and ive been getting wrecked ever since lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its a matchup where diddy really has to be on a high level to learn the amount of paitence necessary to beat a good snake, compared to what a snake has to do to beat diddy
matchup. done. now go beat snake. we should be ****** mvd btw

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
matchup. done. now go beat snake. we should be ****** mvd btw
i went 1-1 with snake this past weekend, which is better than the usual, which would be 0-2

hopefully i can play him this weekend at the birthday thing and make up for my loss from NLL

tibs7

Smash Champion
Nah mang it really is not in our favour!!

Our mistakes are like 'oh **** there goes 1/5 of my stock'.
But with snakes mistakes it's like 'lol I can survive till 200 anyway'.

Only thing I can see working is continuous cross ups with air dodge dropping and z dropping shenanigans.
Buh like snake is teh gay.

And don't bring ally into this thing yo, he is terribad at this MU.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
sai i think u are the only on besides me that uses blue diddy. nice.
every other color is for scrubs...trufax

also how well do you guys think diddy juggles him, if at all? because that seems to be snakes big "weakness"

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
snake still beats us 55-45

diddy makes a mistake auto 21% or death at 110 with good di. and if the uptitl is fresh

snake makes a mistake maybe we can get 30% depending on good reads and how creative the diddy is. he lives on average to 170-200 if he doesnt get gimped so 30% honestly is not that much.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its easier to put snake in bad positions...just saying this game isnt always about ending the stock at the appropriate %

Yikarur

Smash Master
when ADHD says "we" he means "I"

how to play against Wario? he so strange to play against and my nanas seem to be so.. nothing in this match-up :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom