• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
uhhh snake? i also think we lose to wario
Yeahhhhh boi this is what I'm thinking to.

Yeah sai juggling isn't to bad on snake but eh it's to like 60% anyway which is nothing + we may also take percent from grenades or something else stupid
Also snake tech chases can be painful :urg:

-Googs

Smash Lord
How to get out of a tech chase? Ally ****kkkkked me up tech chasing and I tried so hard to mix it up. I feel as if a snake downgrab you always eat a tilt or a DA or a re-grab :(

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I would only have the best record because I played some good mk's one time then never again. It's not me. It's still Gnes or ADHD. + i lose to snake and people who actually know the matchup. jem and anti are hella good.

I don't think diddy loses to snake anymore, but mk we still do. mk matchup is so hard. D:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If I could wish for one Smash related thing ever, I'd wish that MK had a counter, even though I main MK. :/

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Real talk, I want RC to be banned. That stage is stupid as hell. It is a run away stage.

Inb4smartass

Sails

Smash Ace
So are we going to ever do anything about the matchups? We should just scrap everything we have and start brand new, much of it is outdated and the current discussions are dead/dying/dragging on with far too much old mixed in with the new. MLG is over, we have nothing to hide anymore and we're depressingly incomplete in character coverage for new players in comparison to the other character boards. I'd say a week running two/three matchups at once (Depending on expected topic controversy) so we can plow through it and finally complete this. Instead of skipping around characters too, it would be nice to go in order of current tier list. It's tidy, and it also allows people to prepare their write-ups in advance. Hopefully a No-BS policy can be enforced with admin help too, which means if you aren't going to give helpful and well thought-out input (Hello P1) then your posts can and may be infracted. Each first post from a user in a thread should be mandated to include all aspects of the matchup such as attempted in the current MU threads (Air/Ground/Tips/Ratio etc). DFEAR, you don't seem too interested in completing MU threads anymore (By this I mean closing it and setting a ratio in stone with reasoning pulled from the discussion), so if none of the other big board contributors are attracted to this idea then I'll offer my assistance in doing the work provided people will chip in.

I really want to see the Diddy boards gears moving, we're too inactive and it sucks. Everyone would need to put in plenty of effort weekly to make it work, but once it's done I'm sure we can all feel a sense of accomplishment. If you want Brawl to grow or you want another season of MLG, then these are the starting steps we must overcome.

There is some lingering effort put in towards new MU threads, but I feel a fresh new start will encourage everyone to seriously contribute. I for one do not feel compelled to help the current threads or future ones because of the direction most previous ones have gone.

So who's with me?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
guhhh pit gives me trouble. what's the best way to shut him down? his moveset is so weird.

@sails, i started new MU's up, ill do a few more next week. Right now we are on ROB. Count knows alot about the MU, i will ask him to provide alot of deatils.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
for pit, just run with your shield and banana his laggy moves. side b his down b reflector and jump over his side b. Be smart with airdodges and time them well so you won't get hit by arrows. This is a good matchup for diddy because pit is relatively slow with everything he does.

Sails

Smash Ace
@Zeru Barton
Alright, if you actually plan on setting some matchups in stone and DFEAR is willing to get them up in the official thread then I am all for it, so long as we get stuff done. I'll start giving my input asap.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i will ask dfear to put them in the official thread once i feel enough of ROB has been said and everyone understands the MU.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Hopefully this doesnt take too long to actually accomplish. Good **** trying to keep us on track sails I say go for it dewd.

also lookit zeru over here rocking the blue diddy like a cool guy :190:

vato_break

Smash Master
for pit, just run with your shield and banana his laggy moves. side b his down b reflector and jump over his side b. Be smart with airdodges and time them well so you won't get hit by arrows. This is a good matchup for diddy because pit is relatively slow with everything he does.
What about pits planking? just powersheild last hits of his upair and fall off stage or...?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
is it gay to just hold a banana in your hand and just punish everything ur opponent does?
who cares whats gay, whats cheap, whats broken, youre playing for money so who cares, play to win.

moar pestering peanuts more gay guacamole combos

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You can believe what ever fallacy you want. I'm just trying to help, and whenever I try, people just say that I'm trolling, I'm dumb, it's too hard, it's too situational, or whatever of the sort. Everyone is so lazy.I know it is retardedly situational. But what if you had the chance to do it? It's basically a free kill at any %.. If it's that hard to do then I'll take back what I said.

Reminds me of Orion's post

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
:facepalm: Not that we're lazy, just that if we depend on something that we get the chance to do once in say 100 matches, we'd be screwed. Besides, who says that a lot of us haven't learned it? We prolly have but we don't bother to use it because either we don't get the opportunity to use it, because as I said it's too situational or because it's too risky and if we try to it'll hurt us more than it'll help us.

derp :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom