• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i was sooo tempted to redo our whole 190 nonstop posting shenanigan thing again then end it with me making a 190 nazi sign xD but then i thought about it and i have too many infractions already >_>

TreK

Is "that guy"
(luigi...is different)
Actually... Diddy should never get hit by jab upBs, nor any of Luigi's jab combos.
Diddy has -4 frames disadvantage at MOST on Luigi's jabs. No followup has a 4 frames startup, the fastest in Luigi's arsenal is frame 5.
That is, UNLESS you DI the jab upward. Diddy then has 6 frames of disadvantage most of the time. Guess what has got a 6 frames startup ? The Shô Ryu Ken.
So just DI away+down, and hold that shield button down if Luigi jabs you. You'll probably either get jab-to-jabbed, which is a 15 % combo, or jab-to-grabbed, which does 15% but sets up for some juggles. That's still not as terrible as getting killed at 60.

I kill Diddies with fsmash or usmash most of the time.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah why can't diddy's dash attack be a bicycle kick? Tht would be such ****...

Anyway. This wke is a tourny and ps2 is a starter....any shenanigans we have on this stage?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Haha, bro tis quite terrible. Spesh for a starter.....
I don't care bout this whole "you can strike it". It being there is silly.
I can't believe shaya brainwashed you all! Including the Melbourne TO. :(
sad times are ahead of us.

Anyway Scott you should be fighting with Ted still :p. That shiz ain't over.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I quit posting in the boost thread til Ted calms down. You can't disagree with anyone around here without being called a tool. I don't even get it. angry games everywhere pretending they're cool. so over that.

PS2 isn't really that stupid though. He brainwashed me by playing me on it, and with some training mode shenanigans myself. There's no stupid deaths on it that changes a match, it's a similar size to FD but at the same time doesn't promote the same kind of advantage to campers. the wind stage is a bit of physics changer, but you get around that by staying grounded a little more, aerial games are like...ruined on it (lolmk can't space/juggle that good on it)

Ice stage won't be sliding you that much providing you don't just 'stop' running. you can run as far and as fast as you want without sliding, as long as you don't try and turnaround or stop, just stop your runs with dodges, attacks jumps etc.

the electric section isn't that dumb either. just takes a little getting used to. Mk loses some of his edgeguarding options on stage because of them, and can mean you get back with a little less %. For diddy, one banana trip on the tread mill puts characters offstage (lol)

each transformation only lasts like 30 sections, which is really not huge at all. I think Shaya said that in an 8 minute match, only 2:30 of that will be transformations.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yeah why can't diddy's dash attack be a bicycle kick? Tht would be such ****...

Anyway. This wke is a tourny and ps2 is a starter....any shenanigans we have on this stage?
ice : crawl walk to stop sliding. walk in a direction -> crawl in the other one. Dash attack stops your momentum too. You can charge a smash sliding backwards by walking in a direction, c sticking the otherway and hold Z before the hitbox comes out. Pretty much everything is safe on shield here, play like you're playing a Luigi.

electric : falling off a trad mill cancels any non-special move. You can banana trip someone to first hit of smash to fair, or banana trip to ftilt to side B hump, stuff like that. Camping in the middle is the best strategy for diddy.

wind : sucks for diddy. Camp here. If you get to land a few hit, make sure you aren't using kilmoves because it's harder to kill here and you'll just stale them.

rock : If you're led % wise, make sure you take control of the left part as soon as the rock icon shows up, because you can attack the right part if you're coming from the left part, but the opposite is impossible and you're going to get stalled for 30 seconds.

PS2 sucks for a starter, but doesn't suck enough to be banned... I wish France understood that <_<

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i like p3's better cuz its true...bananas dont trip...they make u slip xD u cant trip on a banana ONLY SLIP ON THEM LAWLALWLALWLAWL

Diddys, The Samuses require your assistance.

We were convinced that a Banana always ate Samus' fully charged charge shot, but for some bizzarre reason, even after I've seen it happen with my own eyes, it appears to be a random occurance, and now they simply pass through each other.

Could one of you explain why this happens? Or what causes the differences?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
for your charge shot sure its random because its a translucent hitbox otherwise our bananas have a consistent hitbox, so the chances of them clashin can happen, chances of them passing through each other could also happen.

it all depends on the strength of the throw, the distance of the throw, the angle of the throw, vise versa for samus's charge shot.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
>_< lolwut. dunno i only know that cuz i want to make sure the moves i do will either clash or win (trades arent worth it imo unless its related to a barrel). i never want to HOPE something works :\ hoping is for ppl who autopilot >_>

tibs7

Smash Champion
>_< lolwut. dunno i only know that cuz i want to make sure the moves i do will either clash or win (trades arent worth it imo unless its related to a barrel). i never want to HOPE something works :\ hoping is for ppl who autopilot >_>
haha i lol'd. i had no idea bout it. lucky we dont have any sameye (plural of samus = sameye yeah?) over here.

yeah most of my people disagree to. sometimes i think the BBR people are really stupid and only got in because they are good at the game....

Counterpick

* Luigi's Mansion - bad
* Norfair - bad
* Frigate Orpheon
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Port Town Aero Dive - bad
* Distant Planet - bad
* Pictochat
* Jungle Japes - bad
* Rainbow Cruise - ok
* Green Greens - bad
* Brinsta - i hate this stage.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i love wastin bans and causing for sure wins...

:\

seriously its like well i want to ban norfair cuz they might go mk/wario on me there, but if not they can go to japes as falco or hmm time me out on luigis mansion with a fast character or maybe even cg's on greengreens etc etc. gay man

the stage list SHOULD be

neutrals:
final d
smashville
battlefield
yoshi's island

cps:
pkmn stdium 1 (possible neutral)
lylat (possible neutral)
rainbow cruise
halberd
delfino
frigate
pictochat
castle siege
brinstar

anything else is just a bother

DFEAR

Smash Hero
sometimes i have west coast di on that stage >_>...cuz of unexpected ****tttt

tibs7

Smash Champion
you guys seeing the marth boards?
haha, theres a girl smash player and pretty much everyone got a mass erection.
but a hot girl playing smash doesnt really exist now does it?

Player-3

Smash Hero
you guys seeing the marth boards?
haha, theres a girl smash player and pretty much everyone got a mass erection.
but a hot girl playing smash doesnt really exist now does it?
yeah

good thing i'm completely and utterly asexual so i'm not affected by women, or men

tibs7

Smash Champion
lucky you dont have a **** you mean.
p1 tells me you dont have one? can you confirm?

Player-3

Smash Hero
No, i do have one

it's just offset and looks non-existent because of my massive cameltoe that resides above it

tibs7

Smash Champion
wow you have a cameltoe there? Me too!
but my **** is probs more than 'non-existant'

have you hooked in with marth ***** yet?

Player-1

Smash Legend
tibs i dont even talk to u, but we rlly should spend some time together and get some communication going between us. Good ol' fashion male bonding, U Know? Maybe go on a few walks on da beach and then we can go 2 an amusement park sometime and when we go 2 the very very top of a really rlly big hill then we can clutch each other's d1icks hands so we know that we're there for each other and then scream rlly loud when we go down and we can go 2 see a scarey movie 2 and stuff and eat popcorn and then we r bff's 4 eva, sound kewl?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Wait Dfear you dont think norfair should be a CP?

And it shouldnt be that big a deal seeing girls play smash, or any video games for that matter.

tibs7

Smash Champion
tibs i dont even talk to u, but we rlly should spend some time together and get some communication going between us. Good ol' fashion male bonding, U Know? Maybe go on a few walks on da beach and then we can go 2 an amusement park sometime and when we go 2 the very very top of a really rlly big hill then we can clutch each other's d1icks hands so we know that we're there for each other and then scream rlly loud when we go down and we can go 2 see a scarey movie 2 and stuff and eat popcorn and then we r bff's 4 eva, sound kewl?
walks on teh beach <3 this sounds hot. we should take dfear to if thats ok?
player 1, the number 1 player amongst player's

amirite?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Wait Dfear you dont think norfair should be a CP?

And it shouldnt be that big a deal seeing girls play smash, or any video games for that matter.
I agree 100%.

but what the hell are girls doin' being pokemon trainers like that dumb ***** don? Pokemon cathcing and training is a man's job like brock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom