• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vato_break

Smash Master
I'll be going to a pretty decent sized tournament [for georgia], reflex, BigLou, kismet, and other random good no names will be there and I haven't played the game like 3 weeks except for the one time where I played for a few hours, due to my wii being broken so wish me luck =/
i wish you luck player one ~~

DFEAR

Smash Hero
anybody mess with p-1 i swear to god , i will probably end up being perma banned for something xD so yea dont mess with his genius that is p-1...seriously.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I'm gonna learn psnl and buffer dacus this week. is it possible in such a small amount of time for a genius like me?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
we should make another community combo video. I have more combo clips than I know what to do with

sai_:)

Smash Ace
That 2nd community combo video thing actually sounds like a decent idea. However if that idea were to take off, who would be the one responsible for looking at all the clips and picking the good ones and editing all that ish?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'm amazing
at shooting moar peanuts :190:

What is the other Diddy in-joke? I only know P-1's.

As far as why nothing intelligent has been posted, it's for a number of reasons.

1) The not-pro Diddy mains got all caught up in dead-end infinites, and the pro Diddy mains have simply ignored everything regarding those posts and have continued winning without them.

2) The old players who actually made good suggestions/asked the right questions are now good enough to where they rarely need help themselves, and the rest of us are asking the wrong (read: incredibly stupid) questions or making bad (read: incredibly stupid) suggestions, such that the better players really don't have the time to answer such things in a constructive way.

3) There are too many new Diddy mains who think they have discovered something new that we already know about, and it's ****ing everybody off when they don't understand who the good players are and that they themselves aren't God's gift to Diddy.

Thus in-jokes and bad music are all that get posted anymore.

:041:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
**** BAD GATEWAY MOTHER ****ERS

Sorry double post

:041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041:
:041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041: :041:

EDIT: DFEAR, mind explaining why on the "4 People Viewing This Board (3 Members and 1 Guests)" list the following as the currently viewing members:

"Ingulit, DFEAR+, sai90"

What's with the + next to your name?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hey gnes....umad dawg?
p-1>ally (A SNAKE MAIN) > gnes

still, umad?
uknowileiktotroll

btw yea, , in all seriousness new diddys welcome to diddy 101, where da pros dnt say anything at all lol...so yea if u think ur good STOP POSTING NOW.

ill see u...at the finals!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Oh, something I meant to mention here after working on the hitbubbles. If you still don't know the spacing on Diddy's Side-B Hump (how for away from you it starts), fire a Peanut and look at the smoke circle. The hitbubble starts right after the smoke circle.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yo dood in all honesty cuz of that hitbox vid iv been abusing ftilt/uptilt and its good sheeeee~

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I found a new useful AT with diddy. I call it advanced pop gun cancelling. As some of you guys know, when diddy kong aerial popgun cancels, he only has a few frames where he can cancel the peanut before he starts getting the air dodge lag. this can be stopped by holding a banana and z dropping it at any time when you can cancel the PG. When you do this though, the banana ends up slightly above you. This means that you can do one of many things. You can jump and z catch it(I like to do this while retreating) or instant throw it. you can also do any aerials and the ones that I am interested in are dair and fair. This trick can get you a lot of surprise spikes and fairs from people expecting a peanut. You also get to catch your banana when you do an aerial so thats a plus. I find this easier to to do with tap jump or with a special button configuration. Well, lets hope this one doesn't go in the trash :ohwell:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
You aren't doing anything special at all with that "AT". You are simply Z-Dropping the Banana as you are falling; thus the Banana is above you. The Popgun Cancel has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Yes, I did test it. :041:

EDIT 2: I think some of us do this already, but Instant Dropping a Banana (you Airdodge and drop the Banana at the same time) when a fatty (Dedede) gets within punishing/grab range is usually pretty safe as you try to gtfo.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
No. You are using the longer PGC which is why you need the banana. I guess you have to see it to understand

EDIT: I've never seen anyone use it to try to get spikes or fairs outside though

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
OH, I see what you're talking about now; you have to cancel the Popgun with a Z-Drop during the frames that you would normally cancel with an Airdodge. Got it to work.

You're still only doing a normal Z-Drop, though; the Popgun Cancel doesn't have anything to do with where the Banana ends up when you Z-Drop it.

EDIT: This is actually kind of cool. It definitely gives more options out of a charged Popgun.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
This lets you use aerials out of a Popgun Cancel. That's actually rather significant since it allows us to spam Peanuts and then have more options if they get too close.

And you do know you can cancel a Popgun with a Banana throw at any time, right? :p

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
This lets you use aerials out of a Popgun Cancel. That's actually rather significant since it allows us to spam Peanuts and then have more options if they get too close.

The video will take a bit; I recorded wayyy too much. I like this idea, though.

And you do know you can cancel a Popgun with a Banana throw at any time, right? :p
no. I didnt know that.

EDIT: You can't after diddy kong stops shaking so you cant do it through the whole pop gun animation

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
This doesn't require a video.

It's PGC with a Z Drop instead of an Airdodge.

IE an instant cancel in the later part of the PG Charge where you normally couldn't.

It should be simple enough to grasp without a video.

TreK

Is "that guy"
zomg, drama.
Welcome to the jungle.

EDIT 2: I think some of us do this already, but Instant Dropping a Banana (you Airdodge and drop the Banana at the same time) when a fatty (Dedede) gets within punishing/grab range is usually pretty safe as you try to gtfo.
Marry me, I thought I was the only one that uses that AT.
It won me so much matches I call it broken dropping now.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
My point is you can easily add it to the Kongpendium or where ever it is that we store ATs. Text is more than enough to explain it.

Not everything needs a video to show you what it does.

EDIT: This drop thing sounds interesting.

The input it essentially L/R + Z at the same time? Or are you able to just drop the banana at any point during an AD?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I got some cool new information that I would want to keep just between us diddys. Someone put in a good word for good ol Jebus :). But first I'd like to ask you guys a question. How come no one instant ground throws? The reason I didn't do them before is because of how hard it was for me to do them facing right.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
I got some cool new information that I would want to keep just between us diddys. Someone put in a good word for good ol Jebus :). But first I'd like to ask you guys a question. How come no one instant ground throws? The reason I didn't do them before is because of how hard it was for me to do them facing right.
i do it, but i dont have any vids up...yet :p
timing is awkward, but not too difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom