• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
this has been known for a looooong time at least a year. ninjalink has a good match on youtube vs m2k where he abuses the **** out of it but it is privated

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
this has been known for a looooong time at least a year. ninjalink has a good match on youtube vs m2k where he abuses the **** out of it but it is privated
Well what good does that do me if I can't see the ****ing video. He never posted anything about it on his tech vids.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
How come no one instant ground throws? The reason I didn't do them before is because of how hard it was for me to do them facing right.
I think the reason it isnt done that often is because it doesnt have to be. A lot of the time if i have my banana next to me like that in my mind im like "GOOD TIME TO CAMP". I use it every once in a while and its always cool looking, but its just not gonna be needed that often.

Edit: Also usually if your far enough away to instant ground toss it, have it hit your opponent(or their shield), and you ARENT in range to be punished...then you shouldnt be able to follow it up with anything.

Its not anything bad, its just situational and many times theres a better option.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Broken dropping is done by pressing R and A at the same time in the air, while holding a banana.

Its uses are too good. Destroying a boomerang, baiting a dash attack, shield pressuring perfectly, anti-juggles stuff, and do all of that with no lag so you can just retreat if you missed. GGs, you are now broken =D

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
could broken dropping help us blow up grenades?
*Instant Dropping; he's calling it "Broken Dropping" as a joke. That is not the name of the tech.

And possibly I guess :ohwell:

NinjaLink, you posted the Popgun Cancel originally, right? I don't remember you saying you could Z-Drop instead of Airdodge back then! I'd be using this already if someone had just mentioned it :laugh:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
If there is ever a new AT that is posted, OR if I forgot one in the Kongpendium, PLEASE somebody post it in there describing the AT and its uses. As far as the Z-Drop thing is concerned, if it was posted before, I missed it, and thus never added it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't think it was ever posted because it's kind of obvious that it exist, I've always known it does that, but never found it to be useful. Z makes you air dodge just like L and R so it would do the same thing that L and R do

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I don't think it was ever posted because it's kind of obvious that it exist, I've always known it does that, but never found it to be useful. Z makes you air dodge just like L and R so it would do the same thing that L and R do
If you have a Banana in hand and are in the air, if you charge the Popgun slightly and then press Z, you will NOT Airdodge. You'll just Z-Drop the Banana and the Popgun animation will end, and you can then immediately do an aerial. It isn't like Instant Dropping; you shouldn't be Airdodging if you're doing it right.

EDIT: If you just press Z without a Banana, yes, you'll Airdodge, but that's definitely obvious. Also, you can't immediately cancel the Popgun; you need to charge it slightly (such that if you press L or R, you'd Airdodge).

EDIT 2: 900 BABY :041:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, I know. I was just saying that using Z to popgun cancel obviously works because L and R do the same thing, and if you have a banana in your hand then, IMO, it's even more obvious that it would Z drop because you have a banana. I just never thought it was that useful until I saw NL use it, then I tried doing it myself and didn't find it that useful =/

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Call me stupid, but for the record I never crossed that gap from "Z to Popgun Cancel works" to "Z with a Banana in hand after you charge the Popgun for a while Z-Drops the Banana." I didn't find it obvious.

Again, if you guys see anything that I've left out of the Kongpendium (like this), please post it there. Also, my sum knowledge of Diddy is contained in the Kongpendium, so if it's not in there, I probably don't know about it xD

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Yeah, I know. I was just saying that using Z to popgun cancel obviously works because L and R do the same thing, and if you have a banana in your hand then, IMO, it's even more obvious that it would Z drop because you have a banana. I just never thought it was that useful until I saw NL use it, then I tried doing it myself and didn't find it that useful =/
What??? This makes no sense. I never once before heard of anybody mention this or see it once in a video. I think that even if you don't use this in every MU, It can prove useful in most.

EDIT: I don't think anyone has mentioned this but if you are holding a banana, you can do a slingshot charged Fsmash by pressing the z button. I'm not sure if slingshot is the term I am looking for though

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Okay, I have to ask now... Just how long have you been lurking around here, exactly?
Well I've been coming to smashboards since the melee days but I never made an account until now
Well I have seen it in a video so me>you =)
then again you could just be making it all up. Who's to say that I didn't invent the SNL and the only reason I did not post anything up because I had no account

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hey guys sorry to spoil it but Brawl doesn't actually exist I made it up :041:

We've really all been playing competitive Mario Kart this entire time

I hate Banana Peels in Mario Kart :(

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
*Instant Dropping; he's calling it "Broken Dropping" as a joke. That is not the name of the tech.

And possibly I guess :ohwell:

NinjaLink, you posted the Popgun Cancel originally, right? I don't remember you saying you could Z-Drop instead of Airdodge back then! I'd be using this already if someone had just mentioned it :laugh:
I have vids of me doin it to m2k like last year in finals. Private lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Well I've been coming to smashboards since the melee days but I never made an account until now

then again you could just be making it all up. Who's to say that I didn't invent the SNL and the only reason I did not post anything up because I had no account
because I've seen it, NL vouches for it, and ADHD can also vouch for it.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
instant dropping can be used to blow up grenades from campy snakes. This means that if we get the lead we never have to approach!!! we should now officially call it broken dropping

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I don't really approach in that match-up anyway lol. I'm so much better against campy snakes; any snake with a good CQC or boxing game demolishes me.

It's good in this instance but it's not something I would rely on. There's a lot of ways Diddy can avoid being blown up by grenades, and using just one would get you punished—for examples, this doesn't work if he cooks+throws two grenades near the same time, or spaces a bit closer to you before throwing the grenade, knowing you'll airdodge, then dash-attacking or DACUSing or something.

If the Snake player doesn't cook the grenade well, you can instant throw it back. I don't know how gimmicky it is, but it works a couple times for me.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I'm not saying that by doing this alone you force snake to approach. I'm saying to also put this into use with what you do to avoid the grenades. if they cook the grenade then you could just blow the first one up with the instant dropping and shield the next one.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
instant dropping/broken dropping- your welcome...

yo i instant drop my banana after the grenades hit my shield then hold r as u come down and u should powershield/shield automatically during that time the grenade/s blow up so yea alternate method to avoidin nades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom