• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i always called it dodge dropping since that's what it was originally named >.>
im trying to hype another name and ur ruining it >_>

yo anybody notice that ftilt/dtilt are amazing ways to stop/limit approaches like almost as g@y as lucas side b...quite more useful than i thought it was tho the ultimate wall will still exist just sayin when the option comes up it deserves its purpose

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I love dtilt but if you get hit out of it, it puts you in a bad position because you are DIing down

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I love dtilt but if you get hit out of it, it puts you in a bad position because you are DIing down
just sdi down and tech away. do it to everyone's tilts besides snake's ftilt (yes u can sdi snake's uptilt downwards but the reaction time for that **** is like O_<<<<<) snakes ftilt can be sdi'd down but its pointless instead sdi away or towards him enough where u are behind him and punish with bair.

attacking/shielding/dodgin AINT SAFE NO MO lol

Yikarur

Smash Master
"instant dropping" would be more accurate because it's the "drop" version of "instant throw" (at least a bit xDD but another term would be more accurate I think ._.)

TreK

Is "that guy"
Yea the original name is dodge dropping, it's how Niko_K named it when he found this tech 2 years ago.

Instant dropping sounds like when you get trapped in a multi hit/CG and drop it to combo break, to me.

Broken dropping works for both.

As for dtilt spamming...

Teh epic Diddy cosplayer agrees.

TreK

Is "that guy"
the cosplay would've failed if the guy showed us his ****. It would've been half the size of Diddy's =/

DFEAR

Smash Hero
snake is simply a better diddy. THAT IS ALL. i can have multiple back-ups on this.

if a snake and diddy are on a equal level a snake SHOULD win even tho imo the matchup in my eyes is like 55-45 snake. diddy has to deserve his win in this matchup

i can tell u many things diddy has over snake and vice versa with snake over diddy and name situations in which both these characters excel at. Personal experience with Lambchops (he's just a genius :\)/mvd/afrothunduh/ally/fatal/candy

TreK

Is "that guy"
Snake never dies and kills fast, kinda like Luigi, but with better camp.
Besides, idk. Maybe I'm mazo, cus his match is more fun than difficult to me =V

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
yeah, but what makes it so difficult besides the fact that he lives forever and can kill us earlier?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Snake never dies and kills fast, kinda like Luigi, but with better camp.
Besides, idk. Maybe I'm mazo, cus his match is more fun than difficult to me =V
yea the match is very fun bro, really tests ur skill and wit lol

@jebus.
well think of it like this. his 170-200%( The average snake dies at this %) is our 80-100%.

and its even more lolzy for luigi as HIS 999% is our 45% ;___; luigi so broken lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
wouldnt matter lol. snake is too good. hes a god xD let alone a human being
snakes always catch up

oh but if u want some ways to gimp him do the following

charged peanuts take him off cypher

side b is a grab so u actually kill him with it (conserve your jump), if u wasted ur jump and u side b instead of attack u jump and repeat the process until he goes DOWN the screen. i would suggest 2-4 times would do the trick. you could also do a jump and follow him and dair

simply dair

if he recovers high anticipate it and double full hop and dair

i wouldnt suggest barrel spiking as there could be a chance u screw up the positioning and the cypher itself knocks u out of ur barrels to ur death

footstool when he recovers with a c4

if he attempts to recover with c4 just side b him or do an areal and push him away from it and repeat process

etc etc. gimping him is easy duh but snakes know how to deal with their weaknesses

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think I found a way to gimp him at percents as low as 30 or at least give him a ton of damage. what you do is if you get a trip next to the edge at low percents, you do a buffered monkey flip kick. after you do then you immediately footstool him.the only way he can come back is if he cyphers from the bottom. Thats when we can go for the gimp or rack up a **** load of damage.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I think I found a way to gimp him at percents as low as 30 or at least give him a ton of damage. what you do is if you get a trip next to the edge at low percents, you do a buffered monkey flip kick. after you do then you immediately footstool him.the only way he can come back is if he cyphers from the bottom. Thats when we can go for the gimp or rack up a **** load of damage.
u can do that to every character in the game and its highly recommended against fast fallers such as the spacies where it forces them to use their **** upb recoveries.

yea everyone's learned how to get out of that tho by SDI the kicking initially, its great as an off guard thing but if ur fighting someone who keeps falling for it i recommend to stop playing with them as it doesnt help u learn different ways of gimp/edgehog mix-up :\

but good sheee jebus. i wish it was this easy ;_;

Player-1

Smash Legend
kind of already known. adhd posted a while back that you can monkey kick them and ledge cancel to a foostool dair which accomplishes the same thing

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I guess there is no point in posting up useless information if all you geniuses are years ahead of me in diddy kong's metagame.

EDIT: What??????/ diddy can't footstool dair

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I guess there is no point in posting up useless information if all you geniuses are years ahead of me in diddy kong's metagame.

yea u can, just footstool SUPER fast fall dair xD and cypher brings u back up...

and diddy's metagame is based off our determination towards certain things

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

Yes we're coughimean i'm ahead of u ;)

As for the barrel spike for cypher......if u only knew heehee

DFEAR

Smash Hero
super fast falling = bad trolling, my bad

yea only thing out of footstool is barrels

and wtf NL, whatchu talken bout! O_<

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
barrel spiking snake is probably the worst thing you can do in the matchup. Automatic barrel cancel outside the stage is not good

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
they both put the person in the same position, the dair would actually probably work better
No because the dair is not guaranteed and if you miss, it puts you in a bad position. If you miss the footstool then you can still come back :p

EDIT: sorry about the double post

DFEAR

Smash Hero
he means if u mess up ur barrel spiking and the barrels were to get knockd off and u get into ur falling animation (not free fall animation) then ur put into a bad position, but we know this les get to da point doods

barrel spiking is good if u can do it well, otherwise practice it or quit diddy.

ANYWAY NINJA****INLINK WHAT ARE U TALKIN BOUT

(im gonna be MM'n every single snake at CEO/wato10/gamme or w.e it is now and i will win these matches and would like some helpful tricks PM me it if u must bro)

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
according to adhd, it was guaranteed at low percents which is what we are talking about.

why would barrel spiking be bad?
I am like 90% sure that flip kick to dair is not a true combo and barrel spiking snake is bad because if you hit the cypher with your barrels, you could get gimped :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
why would you get knocked out of your barrels if he is in footstool animation? what is going to hit you? and you dont get put in a bad position unless you arent close to the stage because you can still recover without snake being able to recover since you just spiked him

DFEAR

Smash Hero
why would you get knocked out of your barrels if he is in footstool animation? what is going to hit you? and you dont get put in a bad position unless you arent close to the stage because you can still recover without snake being able to recover since you just spiked him
QFT

yo anybody ever dash attck footstool into SNL to dsmash like me =P
it might have been footstool barrel spike or no footstool at all and just a dair, both of which work too
proof

Player-1

Smash Legend
i just tested and it looks like diddy can do the dair on snake since any of his good options off stage are too slow like up b. he might be able to pull a nade but the dair might not hit it, but i cant test that since theres only one of me

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh and while we are on this subject, diddy can footstool snake when he is right next to the ledge (still on stage) and he will appear off stage and you can barrel spike him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom