• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I dont know why but this reminds me of a little trick me and my friends do. What we do when someone throws a banana at us is we jab. By jabbing ,we catch the banana and can throw it back at the opponent. This is cool because it is pretty risky to do with MK so he doesnt benefit from this
:laugh:

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
I dont know why but this reminds me of a little trick me and my friends do. What we do when someone throws a banana at us is we jab. By jabbing ,we catch the banana and can throw it back at the opponent. This is cool because it is pretty risky to do with MK so he doesnt benefit from this
:laugh:
i always try this against my friends lol

lol @ Jerm not slipping from the naner

Player-1

Smash Legend
only pro exprt didys can win snakes wit super looooong training. so i suggest u pick d3 up or u hav 2 devote ur social life 2 training rocky balboa style

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think that the MU is 50-50 but the diddy kong has to really know the match up or he will get his *** beat

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
how much of an opponent's shield do you guys think we will chip away if we threw a banana, instant threw another one and then buffered flip kicked their shied?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
how much of an opponent's shield do you guys think we will chip away if we threw a banana, instant threw another one and then buffered flip kicked their shied?
instead of thinking bout it lets just test it lol

training mode:
their shield is close to AFTER full shield

brawl mode:
got too lazy...sis went to sleep :\

edit:
yea totally forgot...ppl powershield a ton...so yea good luck >.< and shield sizes vary as well.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The best tip I ever got about playing the Snake match-up is learning that Bananas set off thrown Grenades; try to throw them at Grenades near Snake for extra damage/potential kill moves. Also, NEVER EVER get within F-Tilt range unless he is tripped. Ever.

All that said, I still fail against good Snakes (I don't have many to play :()

EDIT: Jebus, you should be using Jab to pick up thrown Bananas in serious matches. That's a very viable way of preventing your foe from using your Bananas against you (and obviously it can work both ways).

EDIT 2: OMG LOST ENDED T____T IT WAS BEAUTIFUL :041:

Gnes

Smash Master
they kinda have to :p since we have peanuts to shoot at their not so pretty faces

yay, 200 posts!
Every attack in the game breaks peanuts...and eventually people will start instant throwing them back like every mk in my state does. Even the ones that are HORRID against diddy at least can do that. Peanuts dont make me people approach. U having the lead AND shooting peanuts aggravates them into approaching.

I think that the MU is 50-50 but the diddy kong has to really know the match up or he will get his *** beat
Its 57-43....what i mean by that its in the middle of 55-45 and 60-40. Its in no means even, no matter what strategy u use.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
It is even. The thing about this match up is that snake players get away with a lot of stuff that they shouldn't
be able to because we don't punish them. IF we learn how to punish all of his options, then he is ****ed. I think that MK and diddy kong are some of the only characters who can do this. DDD counts too because of his broken grab range and chain grab.

Gnes

Smash Master
It is even. The thing about this match up is that snake players get away with a lot of stuff that they shouldn't
be able to because we don't punish them. IF we learn how to punish all of his options, then he is ****ed. I think that MK and diddy kong are some of the only characters who can do this. DDD counts too because of his broken grab range and chain grab.
LOL no. The reasons its not even is because diddy can't punish everything snake can do. If snake literally walks forward and only reacts to diddy's actions he has no options. If u want me too i could write a essay on this matchup, considering i've played sets with ally, and my static partner/training partner is UltimateRazer. Trust me, this matchup is not even. If ur playing a snake thats making u think this is even, he needs to improve. I know that chr. like the back of my hand. He has all the means to counter everything we can do.

No character can punish all options, if that was the case snake would be completely unviable. Not to mention that thought process in itself is wrong.

vato_break

Smash Master
To conquer snake i really think you need to EXPLOIT his weaknesses to the very furthest we can. As far as i know snakes weaknesses are:
-Being Juggled
-Being Gimped
-Bad Air Game
-Limited Ledge Options

I think if diddy covers all of those options the matchup might be easier, i can be wrong though. what do you guys think?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
LOL no. The reasons its not even is because diddy can't punish everything snake can do. If snake literally walks forward and only reacts to diddy's actions he has no options. If u want me too i could write a essay on this matchup, considering i've played sets with ally, and my static partner/training partner is UltimateRazer. Trust me, this matchup is not even. If ur playing a snake thats making u think this is even, he needs to improve. I know that chr. like the back of my hand. He has all the means to counter everything we can do.

No character can punish all options, if that was the case snake would be completely unviable. Not to mention that thought process in itself is wrong.
I would really like to see that. I like to learn as much as possible about every MU from different people. I a situation where the snake is walking towards me, I would just walk away from him at the same pace that he is walking towards me. Then when he least expects it I can throw a banana or monkey flip grab him. If I know he's going to sidestep, then I can just jump to buffered monkey flip away from him. when I said we need to learn to counter every thing he has, what I meant to say was we need to punish every situation in which he tries to attack us or at least not take damage.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
snakes know how to deal with their weaknesses :\...i dunno how diddy deals with his >___> i HATE being gimped by dumb ****, so much for recovery mixup :\

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
What match-ups does Diddy have that are worse than Snake?

This is an honest question. I don't feel like Luigi and Peach are that bad, granted I haven't played a good either of those in-person (lol wi-fi + theorycraft), and I haven't played any MKs with intensive banana knowledge.

TreK

Is "that guy"
snake is just a better diddy kong imo
Yup. Just less sexy tho.

Both of us never die in that matchup. Diddy is just too good to get hit by random tilts, and Snake is too fat to die from our smashes. That's the only thing I hate about that matchup. I love both characters and them fighting is like a more challenging diddy ditto.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I wouldve said luigi matchup is hard but in all honesty just camp him and never let him approach, he's a boxer, a boxer who RELIES on close range fighting, dont bother trading with him or beating his moves. thats how the luigi matchup is done as shown by mr big lou teaching me

peach is hard, i have no effin clue wat to do. full hop fairs is all i think bout in the matchup

marth, just punish his bad spacing and punish lag/landing

falco, too easyyyyyyyy =P

jiggz, full hop fairs all day/uptilt

snake, honestly playing with hrnut/afro/seibrik/chops/mvd/ally i would have to say its snakes favor, it just HAS to be lol. but its the funnest matchup ever, all bout brains/pressure in this matchup to me

mk, get the lead, you win

wario, get the lead, you win

every other matchup should be auto win

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
the thing that I see a lot that shouldn't happen (happens to me a lot) is we get blown up by c4s and land mines. we should pay more attention to were the snake player leaves them.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
the thing that I see a lot that shouldn't happen (happens to me a lot) is we get blown up by c4s and land mines. we should pay more attention to were the snake player leaves them.
why would u even get hit by those :\ as a diddy player u should automatically be aware of the whole screen, you do not need to look at urself u know where u are you know what moves you are doing what you should be looking at is your opponent, both of your bananas, the opponent's items and both your spacing. if you get hit by a c4 that means you either didnt hear snake say NOW!!!, you were on it the whole time, it activated by itself. otherwise there shouldnt be any legit excuse besides your own eyes neglecting to see the c4. landmines should be obvious as you should be lookin at snake anyway during the fight i dont understand how u could not see him put a landmine.

watch your opponent, and you will never get hit by dumb stuff

vato_break

Smash Master
there are some snakes out there like Hall( a very good socal snake whom i play with often) who will use landmines alot to switch around the posistions of it, sometimes he will bait you into hitting him one way and when you chase him you are not a aware that he had placed a landmine and you run right into it.

and i also I don't think as "diddy player" you should be a aware of the whole screen but, rather as a smart player you should be aware of everything. i think just being smarter and safer will lead to no dumb deaths.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
yeah, I hate it too. I also found out that if you stand at a distance(The length of snakes back roll) snake can't dash grab you or dash attack you. you can sheild and punish everything including DACUS.

Player-1

Smash Legend
omg this guy is a revolutionist! i mean...i wish i thought of this way sooner. blocking/dodging a move that is easier to dodge/block than falcon punch. thx bro, u made my day

vato_break

Smash Master
i don't exactly think he is a revolutionist but, i have to agree with what he is saying. i do wish that you wished to have thoughtened to have thunkened that sooner so he could have made your day. that also made my day aswell. thanks guys, u made my day

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Any one else care what player-1 thinks? The only reason that I posted it up was because up until now, I didn't have a tool to measure the distance that I needed to space myself away from snake. And now I have a way to measure it using snake which is vary convenient.

EDIT: I think the reason no one ever posts **** on SWF is because of ****s like you that think that they know every thing.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I'm going to stoop to your level. every time you post something up, I'm going to sh** all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom