• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I love Grizzer lol. Among other situations, Diddy can infinite Fox if he shields an U-smash with a banana, lol. I also like how the screen shakes when you do it. Gotta love Brawl's camera.

Also, that's a banana peel thrown at the end there.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I love Grizzer lol. Among other situations, Diddy can infinite Fox if he shields an U-smash with a banana, lol. I also like how the screen shakes when you do it. Gotta love Brawl's camera.

Also, that's a banana peel thrown at the end there.
Lmao he seriously threw a banana at the ****in screen. luuuulz

ElChubaNebre

Smash Apprentice
WHO DA *** IS THIS 4god dood? he was like yo im from georgia, who are u. im leik yo im dfear, the most legit :p wasup. and hes like oh ur that crappy diddy
im like nah ***** les go, les do this **** right nah dawg.
we go at it neck and neck and im like...wtf d3 aint supposed to be doin wut this cool *** kid is doin.
then he's like aw been there done that.

I WANNA KNOW WHO TAUGHT THIS d3 THE MATCHUP CUZ IT MADE ME MAD THAT I ACTUALLY HAD TO TRY TO WIN. he was legit

(stares at p-1 f@g >_>)

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
haha, the banana throw was pretty **** epic, and thats exactly how to do the infinite :p nice work!
we should definitely look for set-ups with this one :)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Doh, my sister's graduation came in the way of me uploading the videos. Just so nobody can say I was lazy, I did record them, I just never had time to edit them ><

Sorry Grizzer

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Doh, my sister's graduation came in the way of me uploading the videos. Just so nobody can say I was lazy, I did record them, I just never had time to edit them ><

Sorry Grizzer
dont mind it ingulit :p avarice's vids are probably better anyway since im fairly new to the SNL in general.

Luigi player

Smash Master
For the SNL infinite you don't even need to use the "SNL", you can just do Grizzers turn around trick to infinite...

At least it's easier like that for me, beacause I don't have to switch between those 2 methods...

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
For the SNL infinite you don't even need to use the "SNL", you can just do Grizzers turn around trick to infinite...

At least it's easier like that for me, beacause I don't have to switch between those 2 methods...
i find the turn around alittle harder to do, so its easiest for me to just SNL till the end of the stage then turn around, but yea, thats also a possibility :)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Grizzer's turn:
1) SH D-throw to auto-cancelled D-air pickup (a "link" in the SNL)
2) Land right next to the opponent, practically on them, quickly turn around, and grounded D-throw
3) SH, DIing slightly to the opposite side of the opponent, instant throw down the banana, autocancelled D-air pickup

I wasn't able to do Grizzer's turn into another turn because:

Let's say you're SNLing an opponent to the left. You do the turn, so you want him to start tripping to the right. When you jump for the instant throw after the d-throw, you have to DI slightly to the left of their body so you throw the banana on their left and they bounce to the right. If you wanted to do another turn immediately after, you'd have to then immediately start DIing to the right and do another turn around D-throw to repeat the process.

That make work for a few characters with longer or more fitting trip animations, but for most I don't see it working. I couldn't get it to work on MK (and MK, G&W, and Mario were the easiest ones to do this turn around when I tested) when he was set to walk — he'd just roll away before I could d-throw. The second clip in my video is the shortest amount of distance covered I could get while doing the infinite.

I think it's important to get pretty proficient at the turn, because Diddy doesn't often have only one banana. If you can do it in the shortest distance possible, you can avoid a second banana interfering with the infinite.

Speaking of difficulty, I tested this on 15ish characters to see how hard the turn was. On a lot of these people I only spent 1, maybe 2 minutes trying, so my difficulty judgments are probably wrong. This is at best probably just a vague overview of difficulty lol

Easy (was able to 0-death):
MK
G&W (lol he has a long dumb trip animation)
Mario

Medium (was able to do the turn more than 2 times in the lock):

Falco (the issue with him was getting him to slip to the opposite direction during the grounded D-throw step. he would often slip in place or slip in the direction I was locking him initially, I think it's solved by just being closer to him when you d-throw)
Fox (lol you can punish his up-smash if it hits your shield with this infinite)
Wolf
ZSS
Olimar
Pikachu
Peach(IIRC)
Lucario (the issue with him was recatching the banana after the instant throw down, for some reason it would sometimes just go past me lol)

Difficult (was able to get a turn into another SNL after many tries):
Wario (really surprisingly, same issue with Falco but just amplified. I could rarely get him to trip the opposite way when I grounded d-throw)
Snake (same issue)
Marth (IIRC, he might have been medium)
ROB (same issue with Lucario, but amplified)

Impossible (couldn't get):
King Dedede
Donkey Kong
POPO WTF

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
it wont work on popo cause he slides really far and DK is huge. Since hes big the banana will bounce higher than normal.....think ppl lol

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
you should add jiggz to the easy section, you barely have to DI anywhere cause she trips like 1 feet away.

and i tried it on wario too, it isnt practical to try to turn him around cause it rarely works O.o
but you get a air release spike on him at the ledge, so thats a good option i guess :)
its possible to turn snake around, but you have to be INSIDE him to do it, with chars like MK, you'll only have to turn around and be able to slightly hit him, but with snake, his feet have to be sticking through you for it to work.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to derail the current conversation, so just answer me quick: can Wario DI to hit the stage/tech the edge out of a Grab Release > Spike?
kinda difficult to do and you could always do a fair instead to mess with their DI
but yea, its not a guaranteed kill.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
That wouldnt mess with their DI if they are DIing in anyway....... If anything just monkeyflip> jump.......

T-block

B2B TST
If you grab them right on the edge, they're gonna need SDI to hit the stage, unless you're on Yoshi's Island or something. If they do a quarter circle sidedown-side-sideup, they'll still DI the f-air correctly.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oh, does that side B out of the release really work ?
I'm dumb, I've practiced this matchup the whole weekend lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol how did Elchubacabra get banned now?
lol long story short...it just did : <

@kaptain kong,
applies to snake near/holding a grenade
sideb attach/grab> attack> you do not move (SOMETIMES/RARELY taking dmg)and he takes dmg from both the grenade and 15% from da attack while being exploded into the air>him in bad position>chase>???>reset
or
sideb attach/grab > jump > you explode he SOMETIMES/RARELY takes the 10% from the jump attack> reset

was playin afrothunderrrrrr and noticed this quite often. port priority didnt matter much as i was in 1st and 4th respectively

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
man, that video is old and I was playing horrible that day. Also 1:04 is what I was talking about. It's really good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom